2018-19 Roster talk; Part three

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Simmer for Andreas Johnsson would be a steal.

Not sure why they'd do that but #hockeyguys

In all seriousness I'd trade Simmonds, Raffl and our second-rounder for Kapanen and do back flips.
Unfortunately Simmonds value has gone down and kapanens up since the beginning of the year. I’d do that trade as well but I don’t think you need the pick.

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
I'm pretty sure Ottawa won't trade Stone unless it's for a good, cost controlled asset. I bet they'd want TK.

What a horrible situation. Can't sell for futures as they don't own their 1st.

Honestly, they should offer Colorado Stone for their pick back.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
I'm pretty sure Ottawa won't trade Stone unless it's for a good, cost controlled asset. I bet they'd want TK.

He’s not worth that much. They need to understand that’s a sunk cost and move on. Should have let them have last years pick.

Colorado more than likely won’t move that pick.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia

as bad as ottawa is, atleast they have cap room, and young talent and hope to get better and improve their club. Compare that to the situation Edmonton is in. I would much rather be in Ottawa's position than Edmonton. Edmonton has no clear path of improving their club, they are horribly built and they have no cash or assets.

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
Unfortunately Simmonds value has gone down and kapanens up since the beginning of the year. I’d do that trade as well but I don’t think you need the pick.

Only chance we get Kapanen, and I still wouldn’t from a Leaf’s perspective, is if Gudas is included too.

I do think it is possible both of them would fetch a late 1st at a minimum if they went to separate teams.

Move Raffl, Folin, and Weal for picks as well and you can have a pretty successful deadline.

Reactions: TheKingPin

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Only chance we get Kapanen, and I still wouldn’t from a Leaf’s perspective, is if Gudas is included too.

I do think it is possible both of them would fetch a late 1st at a minimum if they went to separate teams.

Move Raffl, Folin, and Weal for picks as well and you can have a pretty successful deadline.

move those fringe players now, and bring up the young guys. Nak and goulbourne should be up by now.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Giroux coots tk
lindblom patricck voracek
jvr laughton Nak
Goulborne Vorovyev Twarynski

THis is how the forwards should look seasons end. Am i missing anyone?

Reactions: hatcher

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
My dream:

Voracek for Stone (and resign him)
Simmonds for everything

Summer:
Panarin, E. Karlsson, Q, Hughes/Kakko

Road games:
G-Couts-TK
Panarin-Hughes-Stone
Lindblom-Patrick-NAK
Laughton-Misha-xxx

Home games:
G-Couts-Stone against best top lines (Crosby, Ovechkin etc..)
Panarin-Hughes-TK against worst oponnents lines (Oh, my...)

Defense:
Provy-EK
Morin-Sanheim
Ghost-Gudas

Hart
xxx

I know, only dream... :-(

Reactions: Outlaw Samurai

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
i'm guessing anything involving toronto,will include a defenceman and them getting rid of cap. something like simmonds +meyers for nylander. they have a few players they have to sign next year and need the cap space.

Reactions: TheKingPin

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
My dream:

Voracek for Stone (and resign him)
Simmonds for everything

Summer:
Panarin, E. Karlsson, Q, Hughes/Kakko

Road games:
G-Couts-TK
Panarin-Hughes-Stone
Lindblom-Patrick-NAK
Laughton-Misha-xxx

Home games:
G-Couts-Stone against best top lines (Crosby, Ovechkin etc..)
Panarin-Hughes-TK against worst oponnents lines (Oh, my...)

Defense:
Provy-EK
Morin-Sanheim
Ghost-Gudas

Hart
xxx

I know, only dream... :-(

Now just think if Frost is ready too:

G-Couts-TK
Panarin-Hughes-Stone
Frost-Patrick-Lindblom
Laughton-Misha-NAK

Oh...and Myers HAS to be in the lineup next year.

Provy-EK
Sanheim-Myers
Ghost-Gudas
Morin

:hyper:

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
Now just think if Frost is ready too:

G-Couts-TK
Panarin-Hughes-Stone
Frost-Patrick-Lindblom
Laughton-Misha-NAK

Oh...and Myers HAS to be in the lineup next year.

Provy-EK
Sanheim-Myers
Ghost-Gudas
Morin

:hyper:
Oooh, true. Im an idiot. I just forgot to Frost and Myers. Kill me. LOL.

So yeah, I really, really, absolutely agree with you!!

Reactions: Tripod

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Simmonds needs to go ASAP. Replace him with the top guy on this list.

NAK

Vorobyev
Kase
Laczynski*
Allison*
Twarynski

Bunnaman
Rubtsov

Strome
Cates*
Sushko
Ratcliffe
Frost
Lycksell*
JOB*

Farabee*

Last edited:

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
I have no clue why NAK has not been given a legitimate chance yet. This org just loves not fully evaluating these guys recently. It defies logic of building up all these prospects.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Wait, how are we signing Panarin/Stone/EK and also lucking into the top pick?

Well if we trade off Voracek for futures we’d have that much more to spend and I’d rather have an extra one of those 3 than Jake. I think if we traded Jake we could actaully do this? Maybe not with EK playing well again.

How much can we do without tampering? Can we say at the post jake trade conference that we think there are several good wingers available and we would like several of them?

I think it will be Simmonds and Gudas for Kapanen and a small plus. Makes sense with Myers ready and Morin coming back soon.

We have the ability to make a really big splash/improvement this summer given:

the UFA's who look like they will be available
the Cap space we have
the assets we have
the in house development of our own prospects/young players

Fingers crossed Fletch makes the right moves.

You have to wonder if this team still thinks in terms of deadlines. I heard a lot of reports that they were giving Hakstol the road trip to see if he could win. Who knows if it’s true but it makes you wonder if there is some date they are waiting on. Maybe the bye, winter classic, or the actual deadline. The more losses we get, the more that date moves forward.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Well if we trade off Voracek for futures we’d have that much more to spend and I’d rather have an extra one of those 3 than Jake. I think if we traded Jake we could actaully do this? Maybe not with EK playing well again.

How much can we do without tampering? Can we say at the post jake trade conference that we think there are several good wingers available and we would like several of them?

I think it will be Simmonds and Gudas for Kapanen and a small plus. Makes sense with Myers ready and Morin coming back soon.

You have to wonder if this team still thinks in terms of deadlines. I heard a lot of reports that they were giving Hakstol the road trip to see if he could win. Who knows if it’s true but it makes you wonder if there is some date they are waiting on. Maybe the bye, winter classic, or the actual deadline. The more losses we get, the more that date moves forward.

My sense is that Kapanen and Gudas have roughly equivalent value. Not sure why the extra pieces would be involved.

I don’t like most proposals involving Gudas because he’s one of 3 capable defensemen on the roster and he’s signed for another season. Why take a step back for next season? Gudas would be an important player for next season and a possible playoff run. I’d rather have both Myers and Gudas than one or the other.

The interest in trading the above average NHL talent on the Flyers signed beyond this season makes no sense to me. Prospects can get opportunities by clearing the bottom 6 and the bottom pair. There is no reason to gamble with the prospects by trading NHL players. That approach could likely lead to more waiting.

Simmonds, Hagg, Raffl, Weal, and a goalie, if healthy enough to be traded, could garner substantial net value if moved by the TDL. Focus there.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
i'm guessing anything involving toronto,will include a defenceman and them getting rid of cap. something like simmonds +meyers for nylander. they have a few players they have to sign next year and need the cap space.
Toronto Maple Leafs - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps
When you look at the Leafs for next season and check their cap space; they are basically ****ed. A little over $23M in space with big names to sign- Matthews, Gardiner, Marner, Kapanen, Johnsson, etc. Their available money isn't going to get it done. Matthews is going to get $10M or so in a long term deal from the Leafs or get offer sheeted for that amount by someone-Rags, Isles, or the like. Heck even the Flyers could do that. Gardiner will get at least $6M per, Marner $7 +/-. Nylander's signing crushed their cap space. Other players saw what he got and now they're going to line up behind that contract. There's not money for Kapanen or others; either they move them or lose them. Its why, IMO, signing Tavares was not a good idea. The Leafs have more good players than they have cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad