2018-19 Roster Talk: Part One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
In general I don’t think this type of scenario is really in the cards for the NHL. I’d imagine whatever executives/coaches that actually do have legit verified accounts a fair amount of them are probably ran by someone else. :laugh:

The answer is Jim Benning.

But I could totally see Chiarelli defending himself on Twitter anonymously too.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The answer is Jim Benning.

But I could totally see Chiarelli defending himself on Twitter anonymously too.

benningsurprise1.jpg

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Resigning mason would have been a Bad move. Signing elliot was eh. Not overpaid not too long a term hes just the latest in a long string of average goaltending. The thing about goalies is that they are alot like qbs. If you want a franchise tender you gotta draft one. After that your just overpaying for slighly less average mediocrity. Sure i wanted bernier and given the la connection thought it would be bernier but do i rank Elliott over bernier the way i see beezer vs cujo? Hell no. That was a bad move. No hextall hasnt struck gold with any of these minor signings but lumping the goaltending tending in as a bad decision is just looking for things to complain about

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
So Hextall hasn't made a bad trade or signing yet? This is EXACTLY what I mean, some people would defend Hextall if he killed someone on live TV. He's made an abundance of bad signings including key ones like Elliott, and Neuvirth. He has also made some bad trades. The Mrazek trade was a bad one. He was horrible for the Flyers and it didn't work out. This whole "it was good at the time, but ended up bad thing" is a pathetic and laughable excuse.

Furthermore, it's a sad state of affairs when Flyers fans are so quick to accept to mediocrity. Forget about bad or not for a second, how many signings or trades has Hextall made in four years which have been great or game changers for the franchise. He hasn't signed one player in free agency who has a been a difference maker, and the only trade he has made which could potentially be a game changer was the Coburn trade which led to moving that pick and 61 to get Konecny.
As usual, what was actually said is ignored.

He’s made one trade and one FA signing that ended up bad, but none where he targeted a known bad player in a way that should cause concern about the pro scouting. If you guys want to continue throwing fits, OK, but you’re going to keep getting called out for being irrational too. Which is fine by me, all you’re doing is exposing yourselves.

And you going back to complaining about a lack of game changing moves proves my point... you don’t understand what’s going on. No wonder you’re so worked up...

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
As usual, what was actually said is ignored.

He’s made one trade and one FA signing that ended up bad, but none where he targeted a known bad player in a way that should cause concern about the pro scouting. If you guys want to continue throwing fits, OK, but you’re going to keep getting called out for being irrational too. Which is fine by me, all you’re doing is exposing yourselves.

And you going back to complaining about a lack of game changing moves proves my point... you don’t understand what’s going on. No wonder you’re so worked up...
I finally figured out who you remind me of. One of those smarmy people who resorts to "you just didn't get it" when someone dislikes a movie they love. I get what's going on perfectly. Unfortunately it has yet to yield results. When the coach can't even identify the massive coaching problems or properly evaluate the position he once played hope that things will come together isnt something I have. But hey, just keep holding onto the idea that you're the smartest guy in the room and those who disagree with you just don't get it.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I finally figured out who you remind me of. One of those smarmy people who resorts to "you just didn't get it" when someone dislikes a movie they love. I get what's going on perfectly. Unfortunately it has yet to yield results. When the coach can't even identify the massive coaching problems or properly evaluate the position he once played hope that things will come together isnt something I have. But hey, just keep holding onto the idea that you're the smartest guy in the room and those who disagree with you just don't get it.
Nah, it's not like "You just didn't get the hidden meaning!", it's more like "No Madrigal, 2+2 does not equal 3. Try again". :laugh:

You clearly don't get what's going on. You've already proven that time and time again, so I don't know who you're trying to convince that you really do get it.

This isn't some conspiracy theory where we're picking apart small things and trying to connect them with string... this is just common sense stuff that follows a consistent path of logic. One action leads to another which leads to another which gets us to where we're trying to go... if you stop before getting to the end, and complain that you're in the wrong spot, then you only have yourself to blame.

And it's not that I'm the smartest guy in the room, I'm average, at best. I'm just rational and looking at the big picture instead of throwing a tantrum out of short-sighted impatience and frustration. It's really easy to calmly look at this and see what's going on and why it isn't a real problem.

For example, acting like Elliott and Neuvirth are here as Hextalls chosen champions shows how far from reality you are. What, did you think those contracts were RFA bridge deals? :laugh: They're here until something better comes along, whether that's a trade, a signing, or a prospect.

You can keep complaining about people defending Hextall, but you only have yourselves to blame for that. When you keep throwing weak imaginary shit at the walls and hoping something sticks, the response is going to keep being the same. It's not my fault you guys keep coming up with hilariously easy to shut down complaints.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
So who is going to end up being the next place holder/s after these place holders are gone. Two years away from being two years away after four years, the Hextall plan.

Why do you keep saying "two years away from being two years away"?

I think the only number I've seen myself and others post about for a realistic contention timeline is just "two years away". Is it because it doesn't sound catchy enough as a slogan for the smear campaign or something?

And no idea who the goalie will be in a year - hopefully Hart, but not sure. That position is still wide open like it has been for the better part of 20 years or so.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
So who is going to end up being the next place holder/s after these place holders are gone. Two years away from being two years away after four years, the Hextall plan.

And here's a perfect example of what I mean. You realize you have nothing of substance to argue so you guys keep falling back to this kind of thing. Like I said, it's more pathetic than anything...

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
And here's a perfect example of what I mean. You realize you have nothing of substance to argue so you guys keep falling back to this kind of thing. Like I said, it's more pathetic than anything...
Wrong, as per usual. However even if it were true it wouldn't be nearly as pathetic as completely fabricating things to try to discredit someone simply because they disagree with you. Example:

"For example, acting like Elliott and Neuvirth are here as Hextalls chosen champions shows how far from reality you are."

Nowhere did I say that, say anything remotely similar to that, act like that, imply that, etc etc. I simply said they were bad signings which has proven to be true. A very concrete and simple fact that you refuse to acknowledge. You talk about me "not getting it" but that simple fact seems to allude you whether it be ignorance or denial. You won't even admit that the Mrazek trade was bad which is such a stupid point of view you can't even make it up.

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
I love how expecting a gm to have his team a contender by the end of off-season YEAR 5 is "inpatient". I hope none of yall have friends that sell knives and time shares...

Reactions: Lotusflower

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW
Shouldnt take 7 seasons for a GM that inherited Giroux, Voracek, Couturier, Simmonds, Schenn, and Ghost to build a Contender.

You left off a bunch of bad contracts, crappy defense and worthless goaltending. Surely with that they were even CLOSER to contention! :rolleyes:

Edit: I left off the nonexisitent prospect pipeline

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
I love how expecting a gm to have his team a contender by the end of off-season YEAR 5 is "inpatient". I hope none of yall have friends that sell knives and time shares...
You don't get it either. Elliott and Neuvirth weren't bad signings because they are/were just stop gaps and the last couple of years and this coming year don't matter. Also, giving up a third for Mrazek so we had a goalie for a playoff run that didn't matter wasn't a bad move either, even though he was horrible.

Reactions: Philly Phish

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Wrong, as per usual. However even if it were true it wouldn't be nearly as pathetic as completely fabricating things to try to discredit someone simply because they disagree with you. Example:

"For example, acting like Elliott and Neuvirth are here as Hextalls chosen champions shows how far from reality you are."

Nowhere did I say that, say anything remotely similar to that, act like that, imply that, etc etc. I simply said they were bad signings which has proven to be true. A very concrete and simple fact that you refuse to acknowledge. You talk about me "not getting it" but that simple fact seems to allude you whether it be ignorance or denial. You won't even admit that the Mrazek trade was bad which is such a stupid point of view you can't even make it up.

Did you write this post?:popcorn:

So in other words we are two years away from being two years away from contending. Got it.

Sad state of affairs as a Flyers fan when you have people vehemently defending Hextall for placing his goaltending hopes on Michal Neuvrith, Brian Elliott, and Petr Mrazek.

Anyway, like I said, you can be as angsty and irrational as you want, I'll just keep correcting you guys. If you don't like hearing the same thing over and over, don't be wrong in a way that makes us correct you with the same response.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
You left off a bunch of bad contracts, crappy defense and worthless goaltending. Surely with that they were even CLOSER to contention! :rolleyes:

Edit: I left off the nonexisitent prospect pipeline
That was intentionally left off.

Narrative > reality.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I, for one, am furious that Hextall wasn't able to a draft/develop a #1D and #1G earlier in the rebuild. Not to mention the rest of the players needed to fix this roster.

Was he even trying?!?!

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Did you write this post?:popcorn:

Anyway, like I said, you can be as angsty and irrational as you want, I'll just keep correcting you guys. If you don't like hearing the same thing over and over, don't be wrong in a way that makes us correct you with the same response.
I really honestly hope you are just desperate as opposed to this blatantly ignorant.

So placing his hope in Neuvirth and Elliott is the same as calling them Hextall's chosen championship goalies. That's a new low even for you which is saying something.

He signed them, he obviously had some level of hope and belief in them that they could do an adequate job which they have not done. Again, at no point do my actual comments line up with your frabrications or even closely resemble them.

Completely embarrassing on your part, but keep on telling me I'm the pathetic one and how Elliott, Neuvirth, and Mrazek havent been bad moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad