2018-19 Roster talk; Part four

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Larkin had 47 pts in 35 NCAA games at age 18 & was immediately one of the NHL’s fastest skaters. I don’t think Farabee is at that level. But it would be nice.

Reactions: hatcher

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Larkin had 47 pts in 35 NCAA games at age 18 & was immediately one of the NHL’s fastest skaters. I don’t think Farabee is at that level. But it would be nice.
Larkin points per game over the entire season was 1.34. In the last 12 games, Farabee has 17 pts for a 1.42 pts per game. If he keeps up that pace for the remainder of the schedule, 9 games, and into the hockey east tournament, I don’t think the caparisons are that crazy. He would also be coming into a much better lineup then when Larkin joined Detroit.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
The Flyers are gong to be major players in free agency, and that’s not going to change even if Farabee scores 3 points per game in the NCAA.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Larkin points per game over the entire season was 1.34. In the last 12 games, Farabee has 17 pts for a 1.42 pts per game. If he keeps up that pace for the remainder of the schedule, 9 games, and into the hockey east tournament, I don’t think the caparisons are that crazy. He would also be coming into a much better lineup then when Larkin joined Detroit.
I’m all for hoping, even if I’d be surprised if his game translates with the same immediate impact of Larkin. He even had an adjustment to the NCAA. Hopefully I’m wrong, though.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I think Fletcher even said no matter what Simmonds will either be signed or traded at the deadline. He shouldn’t use him as a lame duck and keep him because of this push.

When he said that, they were like 15 points out. He can easily say "Well the situation changed and we felt like keeping Simmonds for the playoff race was only fair to the player, the team, and the coaching staff."

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Parayko for Gostisbehere... is that a decent fair deal? or Flyers would have to add a pick because of season Gostisbehere is having.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I’m not really worried about it. I think Fletcher is more process based with the ebbs & flows of the team than Hextall was.

I think Simmonds will still end up being moved in the end.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I’m not really worried about it. I think Fletcher is more process based with the ebbs & flows of the team than Hextall was.

I think Simmonds will still end up being moved in the end.

I'm honestly not worried about it regardless. If he doesn't trade him and doesn't sign him, i'm fine with that. We have enough young talent on the team, enough excellent prospects in the system, and enough of our own picks in the 2019 Draft. It's gonna be okay. Ask Toronto, who just did the same thing with JVR last season, or any team that allowed a good player to reach free agency. It happens and it's not the end of the world.

Reactions: Curufinwe

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I'm honestly not worried about it regardless. If he doesn't trade him and doesn't sign him, i'm fine with that. We have enough young talent on the team, enough excellent prospects in the system, and enough of our own picks in the 2019 Draft. It's gonna be okay. Ask Toronto, who just did the same thing with JVR last season, or any team that allowed a good player to reach free agency. It happens and it's not the end of the world.

The thing is though. The Flyers are still likely going to be fighting an uphill battle to get into the playoffs by the deadline. Toronto wasn’t. So I would say that’s still a big mistake if Simmonds isn’t traded.

Reactions: Tripod

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
The thing is though. The Flyers are still likely going to be fighting an uphill battle to get into the playoffs by the deadline. Toronto wasn’t. So I would say that’s still a big mistake if Simmonds isn’t traded.

We have nearly 3 weeks until the trade deadline, so things could change drastically still in either direction.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Hockey Central saying if the Flyers are 4 points out come deadline day(hypothetical), you still look to move him. Mentioned Nashville, and Winnipeg. Said maybe the return of Simmonds changes because now you might want to keep Simmonds, so is it harder to trade for him?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
We have nearly 3 weeks until the trade deadline, so thinks could change drastically still in either direction.

Of course if the Flyers keep winning things could change but the odds of that happening aren’t likely. We’ve made up a lot of ground pulling off 8 straight wins but we still have a way to go right now. It might not seem like much especially considering what’s happened recently but 5 points with the opposing teams ahead still having a game or two in hand is still a lot. When you start adding some losses in there you’ll notice it more.

Reactions: Tripod

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Of course if the Flyers keep winning things could change but the odds of that happening aren’t likely. We’ve made up a lot of ground pulling off 8 straight wins but we still have a way to go right now. It might not seem like much especially considering what’s happened recently but 5 points is still a lot. When you start adding some losses in there you’ll notice it more.

One thing I am pretty certain of is that a decision hasn't been made one way or the other. Where we are around deadline day will determine what happens.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
People have been saying all along it’s a buyer’s market. There are better wingers than Simmonds available and most teams have said they’re not giving up first-rounders. The return on Simmonds might not match Fletcher’s ask.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
The Farabee hype is already out of control. People were writing in Allison into 2019 lines not too long ago. Chillax people.
It’s not hype as much as making room for guys. Unless you think he is going to be a bust, he will have a future in the top 9. Giroux, Patrick, Voracek, Konecny, Couturier, JVR, and Lindblom. If the Flyers sign a free agent, anyone with top 9 potential is signing for bare minimum 3 years. So where are these prospects going to fit? One spot for all the forward prospects. Will the college guys, and not just Farabee, even sign here if they feel they have no spot in the lineup for the next 3 years and have to play in the AHL all that time? Or will they just play out college and pick and choose what lineup they want to join.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
It’s not hype as much as making room for guys. Unless you think he is going to be a bust, he will have a future in the top 9. Giroux, Patrick, Voracek, Konecny, Couturier, JVR, and Lindblom. If the Flyers sign a free agent, anyone with top 9 potential is signing for bare minimum 3 years. So where are these prospects going to fit? One spot for all the forward prospects. Will the college guys, and not just Farabee, even sign here if they feel they have no spot in the lineup for the next 3 years and have to play in the AHL all that time? Or will they just play out college and pick and choose what lineup they want to join.

I agree there’s a logjam, and we need to start consolidating our assets at this point.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Parayko for Gostisbehere... is that a decent fair deal? or Flyers would have to add a pick because of season Gostisbehere is having.
I think Parayko is overrated, & I assume it’s because he’s 6’6” with a distinctive name & looks like a blond cyborg.

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
Losing Simmonds for nothing is terrible asset management if there's legit interest in him.

Ask the Islanders if they would have traded Tavares last season for anything instead of losing him for nothing this past summer.
I’m not even remotely an Isles fan and I hate that JT the rat walked for nothing, but wasn’t there some truth to JT begging not to be traded?

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
I agree there’s a logjam, and we need to start consolidating our assets at this point.
Or maybe play some of them. The Flyers are in a better position than most teams to put their prospects in early since there are other guys behind them. If Farabee struggles a bit, they can give Allison a try. Or maybe Ratcliffe. Or Rubtsov.

Reactions: baudib1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad