Speculation: 2018-19 Roster Speculation Pt. 4: Started from the bottom now we're kinda sorta here

Status
Not open for further replies.

WildThingRickVaughn

Apr 7, 2016
A Jack Eichel injury for the Sabres would be catastrophic for all. In such an event, unlike last season, the Sabres dont have a player like Ryan O'Reilly to fill the void unlike last year so your top centers would be Mittelstadt, Sobotka, Girgensons, Rodrigues, and Larsson, and now with Berglund gone, as bad as he was this year, the hole gets even bigger after Eichel.

SO, unless anyone else has any better ideas, I'd love to hear them btw, there is only one option the Sabres have until they were to hit the trade market because this would be pretty catastrophic for the Sabres.

In such a scenario, I think the best option would be moving Sam Reinhart back to center, and calling up Alexander Nylander to replace Reinhart at right wing with lines looking like:

Skinner-Reinhart-Okposo (Pommer hurt)
Sheary- Mittelstadt- Nylander

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
I am really enjoying this season. But with Eichel locked up long term, ownership that won’t be afraid to pay guys like Skinner, Dahlin, Reinhart, etc. we don’t need to push the envelope this year.

Expansion and a new CBA are looming. Keeping 4 1st Round picks is a great way to mitigate any type of potential expansion draft losses.

These picks should be kept at all costs.

For this year, if they can move a prospect line Pekar, or Davidsson, a 2nd Round Pick, or players like Sobotka, Rodrigues, Scandella, Beaulieu, Nelson in some combination for an addition, that would be about all I would be willing to give up.

Other than that, build our new core around Eichel/Skinner/Reinhart Dahlin/Ristolainen/Pilut.

Reactions: BananaSquad

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Uh, yeah...we would all have to eat @#$% and like it. TOR, is screwed without Matthews, EDM is screwed without McDavid, on and on with other teams and their best players. Unless it's a long-term injury that affects the Sabres' chances of winning a Cup in the next 7 years, I prefer Botterill doesn't blow assets on an Eichel replacement.

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
What you would do is trade eichel’s Rights for Matt duchene and hope it works out...

JUST KIDDING!

You would slowly fall into the wild card, hope Reinhart could move to center, give Mittelstadt some different guys on his wing, try to run a lot of your offense through guys like Dahlin & Ristolainen, and pray.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
The fact that Guhle will almost certainly be exposed to the expansion draft plays a factor here as well, it would be smart if we can flip him for an asset we don’t stand to lose.

After trading Guhle, we'd still have too many defensemen to protect. We'd end up losing Borgen (or Pilut) in the expansion draft, in addition to Guhle being gone.

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
If he's out for any length of time we're completely and utterly f***ed. Our entire offense is built around him. If he's out then the season is over, simple as that.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad