2018-19 Roster Speculation Pt. 3: Started from the bottom now we're here

Status
Not open for further replies.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
At some point, Housley should start considering scratching Pominville in some of these back 2 back games on the schedule to preserve his legs and keep him somewhat useful later in the season.
It alsmost seems like he has been doing this by giving him first line min one game and then 3rd/4th line min the next game

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
I’d be interested in Dvorak and Fischer from Arizona. Folks Center need and power forward neednin one trade. Chayka seems to be moving assets he didn’t draft.

Only hesitation is Dvorak seems to get hurt periodically (like now).

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
You buyout Bogo, move Scandella......

upload_2018-11-29_16-29-51.png

(don't mind the Wilson as 3rd line LW)

:thumbu:

Reactions: Sabres

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Reactions: Zeb

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
It makes sense now. I knew NHL and NBA jerseys were kinda expensive, didn’t know NFL ones were cheap
That's because football jerseys are basically weirdly shaped workout t-shirts, and hockey jerseys are heavy material with a lot going on in their creation.

Which doesn't excuse authentic ones being $300 in the least, btw.

Reactions: Zeb

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
As sad as it is for me to say this, Eichel and Reinhart either need to shit or get off the pot goal wise. Less than 10 goals for each well over a 1/4 way through the season is flat out unacceptable.

They aren't snipers. And we need snipers.
Take a look, a long good look at the Atlantic Division and Eastern Conference.
Eichel especially has been a HUGE goal disappointment.

Is it merely a slump? Does it matter?
Take a long hard look at top tier conference teams. They each have multiple goal scoring clutch guys.

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
As sad as it is for me to say this, Eichel and Reinhart either need to **** or get off the pot goal wise. Less than 10 goals for each well over a 1/4 way through the season is flat out unacceptable.

Take a long hard look at top tier conference teams. They each have multiple goal scoring clutch guys.

Did you even watch the game tonight. Reinhart potted 2 goals.

Eichel also assisted on both. Primary assists.

Saying those two are problems is in the clouds

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
As sad as it is for me to say this, Eichel and Reinhart either need to **** or get off the pot goal wise. Less than 10 goals for each well over a 1/4 way through the season is flat out unacceptable.

Why are we comparing us to top tier conference teams? Teams like Tampa are a finished product and we aren't that yet. Jack and Sam will be fine, I'm really not worried about them, they'll be 25+ goal scorers once this team really starts to kick into high gear. Skinner is one of the top finishers in the game. Okposo and Sheary should be good for 15+ each for the next couple years. Pominville and Berglund should ideally be double digit guys but Berglund is looking doubtful with his usage and start to the season offensively.

Then there's the young guys coming. Mitts is only getting better, hard to say what his goal scoring totals will be but between him and Thompson, Nylander, Olofsson we should get at least 2 or 3 more 20+ goal regulars. Plus with our draft stock we could easily get a goal scorer or two in the first round over the next couple seasons. Im not overly worried about us not having the offensive horses long term when we have play drivers like Eichel, Mittlestadt, and Dahlin to lift everyone up.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Why are we comparing us to top tier conference teams? Teams like Tampa are a finished product and we aren't that yet. Jack and Sam will be fine, I'm really not worried about them, they'll be 25+ goal scorers once this team really starts to kick into high gear. Skinner is one of the top finishers in the game. Okposo and Sheary should be good for 15+ each for the next couple years. Pominville and Berglund should ideally be double digit guys but Berglund is looking doubtful with his usage and start to the season offensively.

Then there's the young guys coming. Mitts is only getting better, hard to say what his goal scoring totals will be but between him and Thompson, Nylander, Olofsson we should get at least 2 or 3 more 20+ goal regulars. Plus with our draft stock we could easily get a goal scorer or two in the first round over the next couple seasons. Im not overly worried about us not having the offensive horses long term when we have play drivers like Eichel, Mittlestadt, and Dahlin to lift everyone up.

Exactly this. Our time hasn't even started yet. We're still up and coming. (However, our time is very soon)

Reactions: Hasekperreault23

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Remi Elie better not suit up again this season barring a ton of injuries. I'm looking at CJ Smith to be called up, and used in a checking line role with Larsson-Girgs. Nylander and Olofosson are obviously options as well.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Stimson identifying what many of us have harped on: Poms is useless away from Jack, Sam is fine away from Jack, and stacking the top line destroys the lineup depth and results in what we saw last night. He didn't even mention that Sam makes Sobotka borderline functional at 5v5. Switch Poms and Sam, Phil.

If he wants to stack the top line when we're chasing a goal late in the game, fine. But it's not a good 60-minute strategy, especially against a team like Tampa. I'm going to cover my eyes for the games in Toronto when the Leafs stick Kadri's line against Jack's line so that Matthews' or Tavares' line can run over Sobotka's line.

We’ve seen Pominville have mixed results when off the top line this season. In fact, when he’s away from Jack Eichel, his shot share drops almost 10 percent. Sam Reinhart doesn’t seem a huge change (Two percent improvement away from Eichel) and those are the two right wingers that have played with Eichel for most, if not all, of the season so far. I’m a broken record at this point, but loading up a top line has a devastating effect on the depth performance of the team, especially against a team like Tampa.

Stimson: A deep dig into the film and statistical details...

Last edited:

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Stimson identifying what many of has have harped on: Poms is useless away from Jack, Sam is fine away from Jack, and stacking the top line destroys the lineup depth and results in what we saw last night. He didn't even mention that Sam makes Sobotka borderline functional at 5v5. Switch Poms and Sam, Phil.

If he wants to stack the top line when we're chasing a goal late in the game, fine. But it's not a good 60-minute strategy, especially against a team like Tampa. I'm going to cover my eyes for the games in Toronto when the Leafs stick Kadri's line against Jack's line so that Matthews' or Tavares' line can run over Sobotka's line.

Stimson: A deep dig into the film and statistical details...

They just won ten games in a row. How dare you suggest they make mistakes.

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
Well the nice thing is we finally may be getting a real 2nd scoring line if Thompson-Mittelstadt-Okposo continue to gel. Then put Reinhart on a line with Rodrigues and either Sobotka or Ellie or Berglund and you’ve got another line there as well that could probably play some d-zone minutes as well.

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
So then tonight I’d roll...

Skinner-Eichel-Pominville
Thompson-Mittelstadt-Okposo
Sobotka-Rodrigues-Reinhart
Larsson-Girgensons-Ellie

Dahlin-Bogosian
Pilut-Ristolainen
Beaulieu-Nelson

Last edited:
Status