2018-19 Roster Speculation Pt. 3: Started from the bottom now we're here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Berglund's cap space disappearing into the ether is a game-changer.

Pretty much any player with a contract in the 4-6M range that is up before Dahlin is a RFA is now on the table.

Berglund being the player that Botterill told us he was would’ve been a game changer too.

Botterill was swindled, and got very lucky he gets a do-over in finding a 3C.

Reactions: Fearnot

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Seems like there's something going on with him that isn't being shared. He's a shell of the player he was for us last year and for Minny before that.

It's like his head isn't in the game this year. I also thought he was such a smart Dman, now he's making dumb decisions.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Berglund being the player that Botterill told us he was would’ve been a game changer too.

Botterill was swindled, and got very lucky he gets a do-over in finding a 3C.

I think he was more viewed as a piece to the puzzle. In no way would you consider a player who has never averaged more than 50 points in a season but once, a "game changer."

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
I think he was more viewed as a piece to the puzzle. In no way would you consider a player who has never averaged more than 50 points in a season but once, a "game changer."
He was sold on ES goals if I remember correctly. Him and Sheary should add about 20 each. Tyrns out they need centremen for that.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn

I didn’t say he was acquired to fill ROR’s role. But he was acquired to take over his defensive responsibilities, and he wasn’t even able (willing?) to do that.

Reactions: TheCerebral1

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Does any of you have a dream add to the lineup?

I really hoped for Athanasiou before the season and it’s kind of sad he’s doing so well. Him with Sheary and Okposo would have been a decent 2nd line/great 3rd. But Detroit would never make a trade anyway.

I’d also like Myers back. Sort of full circle. Him on the third pair with McCabe would give us a good puck mover on each pairing.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
I didn’t say he was acquired to fill ROR’s role. But he was acquired to take over his defensive responsibilities, and he wasn’t even able (willing?) to do that.

Okay, my mistake, under that context, yes he definitely was meant to stabilize a weak (coming off last season) bottom six forward corp from a defensive fit.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
I don't understand why Pittsburgh would trade for Sobotka. Can someone explain the logic to me?
One thing is certain in my view in any event. Someone is looking at Sobotka, the way Phil is playing him in multiple roles. That is the only explanation I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad