Status
Not open for further replies.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
The horror

That sounds like a good outcome to me

I'm not saying it's a big deal, but he's not playing in Rochester. If Botterill is trying to keep players in Rochester for development, which he's said, it's not the best outcome. They'd need to go find another forward at some point if the organization doesn't think the young Amerks forwards are quite ready.

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
I'd give Pavelski 22 million if he'd sign a 2 year deal here...
I love Pavs, but $11 million/year would be an enormous overpayment for a guy coming off a $6 million contract who'll be 35 in the 2019/20 season.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I'm not saying it's a big deal, but he's not playing in Rochester. If Botterill is trying to keep players in Rochester for development, which he's said, it's not the best outcome. They'd need to go find another forward at some point if the organization doesn't think the young Amerks forwards are quite ready.
Botts said he expects our 2nd half reinforcements to come from the Amerks. So he must think they are pretty close. CJ Smith and Olofsson make sense as call ups

Reactions: Yatzhee

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
When did he say that though?

I hoped to see a 15-20 point improvement this season, not nearly enough to be a playoff contender, so considerations like rentals, who do you bring up to help in a playoff battle, etc. would have been irrelevant. That's all changed now. If Botts had also expected a season of only modest improvement, he's no doubt rethinking whatever plan he had prepared before the season.

I'm not saying the Sabres are "all-in", just that their objectives will likely have changed given the unexpected success of the team.

EDIT: I see @joshjull answered my question in the post immediately prior to this one. Cheers.

Last edited:

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Botts said he expects our 2nd half reinforcements to come from the Amerks. So he must think they are pretty close. CJ Smith and Olofsson make sense as call ups

When did he say that though?

I hoped to see a 15-20 point improvement this season, not nearly enough to be a playoff contender, so considerations like rentals, who do you bring up to help in a playoff battle, etc. would have been irrelevant. That's all changed now. If Botts had also expected a season of only modest improvement, he's no doubt rethinking whatever plan he had prepared before the season.

I'm not saying the Sabres are "all-in", just that their objectives will likely have changed given the unexpected success of the team.

EDIT: I see @joshjull answered my question in the post immediately prior to this one. Cheers.

I'm tracking that Botterill said he expects second half call ups. I'm talking about the summer time when it was about creating depth to keep from having to start Rochester players in Buffalo.

I don't want to see a single Amerk in Buffalo right now. I think they need to stay until when Botterill said, the second half. Waiving Elie isn't a good step in that direction.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Sam Reinhart does the little passes that make for an effective fast pace two on one. The precise through traffic inlet passes that put Eichel on target around the net with Skinner. These are the reasons he's as important to the team's success as just about anyone on the roster! If he could just work a little harder on his back check's like Jack.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
So true. He doesn’t have that warrior mentality but he’s effective.

What?????

After 4 years, if you have taken nothing from watching the dude play, it’s that he takes endless hits to make plays. Just like Smyth.

Did you watch Ryan Smyth play? He wasn’t exactly Mike Peca out there. He was much more of a Vanek esque take the abuse to make the play.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Sam Reinhart does the little passes that make for an effective fast pace two on one. The precise through traffic inlet passes that put Eichel on target around the net with Skinner. These are the reasons he's as important to the team's success as just about anyone on the roster! If he could just work a little harder on his back check's like Jack.

What? There have many times he's right on the backcheck by being the first forward back. Most times he's looking over the situation to find the trailing forward on the backcheck to take his guy.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
What?????

After 4 years, if you have taken nothing from watching the dude play, it’s that he takes endless hits to make plays. Just like Smyth.

Did you watch Ryan Smyth play? He wasn’t exactly Mike Peca out there. He was much more of a Vanek esque take the abuse to make the play.

Smyth was one of the biggest heart and sole players in the last 20 years, guy was a complete warrior. It's not a slight on Sam in the least bit.

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
The only similarity between Ryan Smyth and Sam in their penchant for scoring around the net and their average to below average footspeed. Sam is much more dynamic as a playmaker. He reminds me a bit of Cory Stillman and Ray Whitney, if we're to compare him to 90s-00s geezers.

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
Been posting a McCann/Pysyk trade for a while. I think that's a good route to pursue.

Really hope Turcotte falls in the draft due to his injury. He's exactly what the Sabres need.

Yup. And that’s kind of where my idea came from.
I think Scandella/Rodrigues for McCann/Pysyk could be a solid hockey trade. Florida gets the guys who’s probably the best player now in Scandella (he’s been rough to start this season, but none of these players are playing lights out). McCann probably has the most potential. Pysyk & Rodrigues are basically solid depth guys.

I would be willing to go simpler and just do Scandella for McCann if that would work. I feel like Florida would want another right handed defenseman if Pysyk is coming our way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad