Speculation: 2018-19 Roster Discussion #4 - It’s Getting Better All The Time (maybe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
SniperHF@ said:
Production wise Galchenyuk is actually worst of the three 5 on 5.

Keller and Schmaltz are at least on the fringes of raw top line productivity 5 on 5, in per 60 they are a little more second lineish 5 on 5.

Galchenyuk is lucky to score at 3rd line rates 5 on 5.

He's also the only one who isn't invisible defensively and on the boards (and he's not consistently that great defensively either).

That line had a four game bubble with most production coming on the PP. It was a nightmare defensively and they wracked up the goals against. I won't be very impressed if we go back to that well.

I've seen enough to know I don't want either Keller or Schmaltz at center even strength to begin with. Not sure about Galchenyuk, but I'm not convinced there either.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
When Brad richardson is leading your team in goals at the end of the season...

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I have been impressed with Crouse in the games I get to see. Always wish he was a little meaner but he is such a good body checker that the opposition has to be aware of him.

With the Stepan injury Dvorak really needs to get up to speed and start producing.

Crazy looking at the roster that the team is even in a hunt for a playoff spot. Gotta give Tocchet props.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
John Chayka talked a lot about how valuable a playoff birth would be. The high value it had in multiple facets. This playoff run is clearly hugely valuable to the franchise in his eyes. Yet he sacrificed no assets of any kind on playoff insurance.

He showed that he’s inexperienced and or irresponsible and or over confident. Grown ups are supposed to take out insurance policies on their most important things. It’s how we live life as adults. John Chayka was too cheap too stupid or too cocky to pick up playoff insurance. Now he’s got himself in a whole heap of trouble.

It’s really inexcusable. The team has been decimated by injuries and he gave no consideration to the idea that this trend might continue? Couldn’t even peel off an extra third rounder he’s got just laying around anyway?

The general manager is doing a piss poor job of supporting and protecting his squad. He said he felt so loyal to this group that he couldn’t even go out and get them some help. Some insurance.

I’m getting fed up with watching boy wonder learn on the job. These growing pains have to stop.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I can't believe there is this much fuss over Derick Brassard. Not to mention that Chayka said right from the start that he wasn't interested in rentals.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
I can't believe there is this much fuss over Derick Brassard. Not to mention that Chayka said right from the start that he wasn't interested in rentals.
Sends a bad message to the room when they fight and claw into playoff contention and get left hanging

Reactions: rt

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
What if Brassard wasn’t willing to waive NTC for AZ?

Beyond him there wasn’t anything else traded that we should have went for.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
If anything the team deserved an add
I'm not even mad that he didn't add. But if you think the odds are so long that it doesn't make sense to add depth for futures because hoarding picks is more important, then why didn't we dump our unsigned UFA's, like Panik who I doubt is in their plans? We are sp damn wishy-washy. "We're going to rebuild and get younger and faster-- unless it might cost us points. Better load up with waiver fodder.". "We're happy with our group's battle this season, and the playoffs are too important to trade off UFAs for picks or prospects-- but we're not going to help them out at the deadline. Futures are more important "

Reactions: Matias Maccete

rt

May 13, 2004
It’s not just about Brassard. But he’d likely be the 2nd best center on our team right now. Dvorak is rusty, Cousins is is a winger, and Kempe has good hustle but probably wont have much of an nhl career. Again, it’s more about not getting any help at all. Brassard is an example. That’s about it.

rt

May 13, 2004

Zucker nearly went to CGY for Frolik at what was at the time the 30th overall pick. Frolik wouldn’t waive his NTC. Surely Fischer and what was at the time the 40th overall pick would’ve been a better offer for Zucker anyhow.

Reactions: Grimes

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine

Doesn't his NTC get cancelled once he gets traded to another team?

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Zucker nearly went to CGY for Frolik at what was at the time the 30th overall pick. Frolik wouldn’t waive his NTC. Surely Fischer and what was at the time the 40th overall pick would’ve been a better offer for Zucker anyhow.

Sounds like our ownership hit a wall on their budget. Joys of being an AZ fan.

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Any way we can use the injury situation as a lure for a college free agent? Guarantee a little NHL time and pay type of thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad