Speculation: 2018-19 Roster Discussion #3 - Not so bad at the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I want to snag Hoffman in the off season. We need a pure sniper. We need a 1C, not a star 1C. We need goals from the wings and I'll give up some defensive prowess as long as we have 200 foot centers.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
When Demers returns do we roll with 8 Dmen or is Connauton waived?

The roster limits are over for the rest of the year, so I think Bushka stays with us until we're definitively eliminated; then I'd guess they send him to Tucson to help them try for the Calder.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
...although my entire section (they were "The Angry Section" all night) went ballistic, as it came just after the missed high-sticking (possible double minor) of Hinostroza...
Yeah, I see that sometimes too. Fans 100% convinced we're getting robbed by the refs, even thought PP opportunities were 5-1 for Arizona. Florida coaching staff was furious on a couple of the calls.

jmichael7753

Sep 29, 2017
Just read something on the main board from an Edmonton radio guy saying hes hearing whispers that McDavid wants out. Speaking out of pure fantasy. What would a package look like from the Yotes for McDavid.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Just read something on the main board from an Edmonton radio guy saying hes hearing whispers that McDavid wants out. Speaking out of pure fantasy. What would a package look like from the Yotes for McDavid.
The team and climate to Edmonton for Mcdavid. I don't see a Coyote's package that moves the needle at that level.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
" You hear whispers that he is gonna want out" is not the same as "You hear whispers that he wants out". The first is what Blair said.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
From Morgan:

They had internal discussions on most of the big names. Ryan Dzingel, André Burakovsky and Charlie Coyle were a few that interested them. If Jonathan Huberdeau had been available for a fair price, I think they would have looked at that.

Also said talks are underway with all the RFAs - Schmaltz, Crouse, etc.

Reactions: Lawson of Anarchy

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
If Hall doesn't extend with the Devils this summer Chayka needs to be all over that. He would fit Tocchets system like a glove.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
From Morgan:

They had internal discussions on most of the big names. Ryan Dzingel, André Burakovsky and Charlie Coyle were a few that interested them. If Jonathan Huberdeau had been available for a fair price, I think they would have looked at that.

Also said talks are underway with all the RFAs - Schmaltz, Crouse, etc.

Schmaltz: small sample size, long-term injury

He's set to get paid going into negotiations with JC!

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I don't think that Schmaltz will break the bank because of the lost season. I suspect that he will sign a shorter "prove it" deal and get the big money in 2 years if he pans out.

Reactions: OriginalJetsCoyotes

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I think the surgery and recovery is relatively proven science at this point.

I see 6x$6M for Schmaltz. I have no concerns at that term/figure.

I'd have my concerns at 6x6, but not because of the injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad