2018-19 Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Weise factor on what line?
Weise has been fine on the 3rd line, played a couple games on the 2nd line which is not included in those numbers.

Face it, Voracek has been putrid, he doesn't fit and move him while he still has value and use his cap room for a more suitable player this summer. Sometimes it's not the talent, but how that talent fits with other players.

You listed the line with Weise on it. Are you hard of reading?

You know you just admitted to cherry picking stats right?

Reactions: Ruck Over

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
What the **** is with this team? Simmer is cooked. Jake is disaster. JVR has been about as useful as Lehtera, that's how putrid his play is. Patrick looks nothing like he did in playoffs and even raffl somehow looks like matt read levels of slow. Only Lindblom has looked consistently good.

I thought this is the year where we would finally have depth up front, but it seems as crappy as ever.

It has nothing at all to do with depth.

THEY NEED A NEW COACH.

See: Penguins, Pittsburgh, 2016 for an example of how necessary this is sometimes.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
5 road games in the next 8 days. Hopefully they pick up zero points, forcing Fletcher to make a coaching change before the next home game.

Buf .655
Win .667

Cgy . 655

Edm .536
Van .435

Add Bill Peters to the list of available coachs that would have been a significant upgrade on Hakstol that Hextall passed on pursuing.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
No one has identified the alternative coach (right now, Q is a wet dream, not an alternative).
So we fire Hakstol, then what?
Like I said before, I didn't know we had so many Gordon fans.
And I can't imagine Knob being able to hold a clubhouse given his age, inexperience and interim status.

Peters never got Carolina above 87 points in 4 years.
Right now he's riding a hot goalie, Rittich 8-2-1 with a .919 S%.
We'll see if that's sustainable.

Last edited:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
No one has identified the alternative coach (right now, Q is a wet dream, not an alternative).
So we fire Hakstol, then what?
Like I said before, I didn't know we had so many Gordon fans.
And I can't imagine Knob being able to hold a clubhouse given his age, inexperience and interim status.

You're weirdly desperate to avoid seeing Hakstol fired, especially if you truly think he's run of the mill.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
No, I'm just indifferent b/c I don't see any miracle coaches available to us right now.
Edmonton 5-2-1 under Hitchcock
St Louis 2-4-1 under Berube
Chicago 3-10-2 under Colliton
LA 6-10-0 under Desjardins

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Hakstol put em on the “3 high/leave the zone early” NHL 19 setting.

I don't understand why this isn't obvious to some. You're going to have some serious issues with a play style like that. I suppose a few players can get away with it but you better trust your D to push the play forward.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
The Flyers should be able to make a quick turnaround and it won't take a genius to fix it:

1. Try to pressure the puck carrier on the PK.
2. Attempt to defend the net front area.
3. Play your best players more than your worst players.

It's really not that difficult.

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
No, I'm just indifferent b/c I don't see any miracle coaches available to us right now.

and keeping hak does what for this team? you see that this team has no energy , so what's the point of keeping him? are you a flyers fan? you want to see this team tank? because that's where they are going.

Reactions: Ruck Over

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

You showed the same "indifference" in the offseason when Trotz was available. For no reason at all you pretend Q is an impossibility.

You aren't indifferent.

Do you think there is a single coach in the league who is better than Hakstol? I can't help but notice you fear this question.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
It needs pointing out again.

At the time of Lindblom's demotion from the 2nd line....to the 4th line, he was:

39th in LW in points in the league...while 83rd in icetime
26th in LW ES points in the league....while 68th in icetime

Him getting demoted was the stupidest decision....and Hak has stuck with it for 5 games. Lindblom has no reason to go to the AHL. Play him like he deserves and delivers.

Hak punishes any young player he deems in his mind doesn't compete as hard as possible every shift of every game. But then OF COURSE, a young player's confidence can easily be damaged short term since they have not yet established themselves to their potential in the league and it can drag on. TK and Ghost before, Sanheim and Oskar now. Let them play through their errors and nurture their confidence, don't crush it just as it is building.

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
Wouldn’t it just be so Flyers if they traded JVR for a slug before his breakout and then signed him to a hefty contract to watch his decline?

I’m not panicking. This is just the pessimist in me.
Call me crazy but I’d be ok with them trading JVR

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Weise factor on what line?
Weise has been fine on the 3rd line, played a couple games on the 2nd line which is not included in those numbers.

Face it, Voracek has been putrid, he doesn't fit and move him while he still has value and use his cap room for a more suitable player this summer. Sometimes it's not the talent, but how that talent fits with other players.

Now time for some TRUTH.

Voracek is tied for 12th in ES points this year for RW....with Pasternak.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
It has nothing at all to do with depth.

THEY NEED A NEW COACH.

See: Penguins, Pittsburgh, 2016 for an example of how necessary this is sometimes.

Uh, Penguins completely reworked the roster for their Cup run.
That SC team was put together over little more than a year. 14 of 22 players were changed.
The only "holdovers" Crosby, Malkin, Letang, Hornqvist, Kunitz, Maata, MAF
So what the Pens show is the need to make some trades!

Lovejoy and Cole added in trades in 3/15, Kessel and Bonino were added that summer in trades, Cullen and Fehr signed as FAs, Dumoulin promoted at age 24.

Promoted Sullivan and:
12/14/15 traded Scuderi for Dailey
1/16/16 traded Perron and Clendening for Hagelin
2/27/16 traded 3rd rd pick for Schultz
called up Kuhnhackl, Rust, Sheary, Murray from the AHL

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Now time for some TRUTH.

Voracek is tied for 12th in ES points this year for RW....with Pasternak.

Too bad he can't play Ottawa every night!

1.62 pp/60, CF 45.87, CFrel -7.82, GF/GA 14/24, xGF 46.13, xGFrel -7.90, SCF/A 157/185, HDCF/CA 71/81.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad