NBA 2018-19 Regular Season Thread Part II

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I know Hawks blew it by not taking Doncic but Trae Young has really stepped it up in the past month or so. Had a monster game today.

He has been great. Putting up big numbers and it's not like it's garbage time stats either. The Hawks have been in some close games and have actually won a few lately. He's also very fun to watch and his passing might be the best part of his game.

Donic is my favourite rookie and he should've gone first but this is why it was weird to see some people crapping on everyone else instead of just focusing on giving Doncic his well deserved praise. There are a bunch of good rookies and they're coming on recently. I haven't watched Ayton too closely but he's putting up numbers, Bagley and Young look really good, and JJJ was impressing prior to his injury. It makes sense that it takes the college kids longer to adjust to the pro game than Donic, who has been playing professionally for years.

Reactions: darko

Elvis P

WNBA fan since 1997
Dec 10, 2007
The best ribs are cooked outside
1. The Greek - 27.2 points, 12.7 rebounds, 6 assists, 1.4 steals, 1.4 blocks
2. James Harden - 36.5 points, 7.7 assists, 6.6 rebounds, 2.2 steals
3. Paul George - 28.7 points, 8 rebounds, 4.1 assists, 2.3 steals
4. Stephen Curry - 28.8 points, 5.3 assists, 5.1 rebounds, 1.2 steals
5. Joel Embiid - 27.3 points, 13.5 rebounds, 3.5 assists, 1.9 blocks

The thing is the Hawks drafted Doncic 3rd and gave him away. That's the part many can't and shouldn't forgive. Atlanta has won almost no titles in major league sports and moves such as this are why. I still can't believe that (except for Curry) the Greek drafted so poorly at the All Star Game. He didn't pick Westbrook, he traded for him. The Pacers are in 3rd place w/o Oladipo!?! Nate McMillan for Coach of the Year. LeBron is no longer the best player in the league. idk who is, but it's not him. My top 5 for MVP are listed above. It should go to the most valuable player including defense, not the best player, so right now I might give it to Paul George. With LeBron fading, I think he's the 2nd best defensive player after Kawhi and his numbers ain't too shabby. 28.7 points, 8 rebounds, 4.1 assists, 2.3 steals

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Wild game between the Nuggets and Jazz. Nuggets trying to come back but Korver and Mitchell with a big shot after a big shot. Hopefully we see these 2 play each other in playoffs.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Trae Young goes off again. He's averaging 35 and 10 in his last five games.

Reactions: darko

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I didn't think it was a possibility with LeBron but the Lakers might actually miss the playoffs now. Being 4.5 games back with 19 games to go is a pretty big hole to climb out of, especially when there is no such thing as gimmes based on how this team has played against bad teams. It would obviously be a complete disaster and embarrassment for the Lakers and LeBron if they missed but the NBA would probably take a hit as well if he's not in the playoffs.

Elvis P

WNBA fan since 1997
Dec 10, 2007
The best ribs are cooked outside
Hayward is the worst max deal player in NBA history. Because Tatum and the Celtics were so good last year, casual fans think he's better than Tiny Dog. Hold on. Tiny Dog is a better basketball player.

Tiny Dog - 18.3 PPG, 5.1 RPG, 3 APG, 49.7 FG%
Tatum - 16.1 PPG, 6.3 RPG, 1.8 APG, 45.3 FG%

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad