NBA 2018-19 Regular Season Thread Part II

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
LeBron is not the best player in the NBA. Was borderline for 3-4 seasons padding vs. weak eastern conference, but it's clearly KD atm. Dude hasn't played defense in more than 5 years, how can one be the best in the league for that?

darko

Feb 16, 2009
LeBron is not the best player in the NBA. Was borderline for 3-4 seasons padding vs. weak eastern conference, but it's clearly KD atm. Dude hasn't played defense in more than 5 years, how can one be the best in the league for that?

Bron has been the best player in NBA since 2006. KD overtook him this year. 2nd greatest to ever play the game.

Reactions: Morozov and Voight

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013

he's clearly still feeling the effects of the groin injury

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Bron has been the best player in NBA since 2006. KD overtook him this year. 2nd greatest to ever play the game.

I'm still taking a healthy LeBron for now, even though there are some serious issues with his defense these days. That might change next season if he gets hurt again or his play slips.

If we're just looking at whose playing the best right now then I'd have to go with Giannis. Paul George is also in the conversation with the ridiculous season he's having. These two should be the forwards on the All-NBA 1st team above LeBron, Durant, Kawhi, etc.

I also don't know if Durant is even the best player on his own team. I used to have him above Curry because of his two-way ability but now I'm not sure. I'm looking forward to seeing how they look when they're likely on opposing teams again next season.

Reactions: darko

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
I'm still taking a healthy LeBron for now, even though there are some serious issues with his defense these days. That might change next season if he gets hurt again or his play slips.

If we're just looking at whose playing the best right now then I'd have to go with Giannis. Paul George is also in the conversation with the ridiculous season he's having. These two should be the forwards on the All-NBA 1st team above LeBron, Durant, Kawhi, etc.

I also don't know if Durant is even the best player on his own team. I used to have him above Curry because of his two-way ability but now I'm not sure. I'm looking forward to seeing how they look when they're likely on opposing teams again next season.

Yeah saying there's serious issues with his defense is being generous. He's also not hustling back up the floor, he's settling for easier shots, not driving to the basket, etc. This was starting even before his injury so I'm not buying that excuse.

Of course he's making it much worse by calling out teammates. Especially when he's not hustling or clearly playing hard, or taking a game off (against GS no less) because he was up late the night before in a studio. And he's lecturing teammates on distractions? Not exactly attractive to any potential free agent, which is looking more and more like Davis or bust, no Plan B, despite the cash they have.

Still it's fun to hear the same media blowhards who were saying LA would be 3-4 in the West prior to the season now throwing James under the bus. What a hot mess.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Yeah saying there's serious issues with his defense is being generous. He's also not hustling back up the floor, he's settling for easier shots, not driving to the basket, etc. This was starting even before his injury so I'm not buying that excuse.

Of course he's making it much worse by calling out teammates. Especially when he's not hustling or clearly playing hard, or taking a game off (against GS no less) because he was up late the night before in a studio. And he's lecturing teammates on distractions? Not exactly attractive to any potential free agent, which is looking more and more like Davis or bust, no Plan B, despite the cash they have.

Still it's fun to hear the same media blowhards who were saying LA would be 3-4 in the West prior to the season now throwing James under the bus. What a hot mess.

To be fair, they were 4th in the West and putting a beatdown on the Warriors when he got injured on Christmas. It has been all downhill since then though.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
To be fair, they were 4th in the West and putting a beatdown on the Warriors when he got injured on Christmas. It has been all downhill since then though.

yeah they were rolling right along before the injury. just crappy luck

their lack of defense, non-existent bench, and walton's mind boggling rotations are to blame for their recent losses. not to mention having zubac would have helped out their weak C position. really think magic was drunk when he made that trade

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX

I dunno, they won a bunch of games earlier but lost 4 of 6 going into that Christmas game which included bad losses to Washington and Brooklyn. I was at the game in Houston where the Rockets whipped them, wasn't impressed at all. James scored a bunch but was pathetic on defense. Had nothing to do with his injury yet.

When he did get hurt a lot of the narrative was "nail in the coffin" type stuff cause they had looked bad for a while. Now it's just dissolved into LA style drama with embarrassing miss on Davis at the deadline and now all the teammates under the bus stuff.

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
Kyrie's selfishness, speculation over AD, and Hayward's poor form have really wrecked Boston's team chemistry this year. I don't think they can flip the switch in the playoffs either.

Last edited:

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Curry was better in unanimous MVP season (but fair to give to LeBron for his historic playoffs), KD has been better since joining the Warriors IMO.

This is just tip of the iceberg. I swear his defense was even worse when he was with the Cavs.

Reactions: Voight

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

FWIW Kawhi is averaging career highs and overall having arguably his best season.

This happened in Cleveland V2 as well. Joins a new team, complains, gets his way and the team turns it around. He knew what he signed up for, and he told Magic not to rush anything, keep the young guys until something good came up.

Kyrie's selfishness, speculation over AD, and Hayward's poor form have really wrecked Boston's team chemistry this year. I don't think they can flip the switch in the playoffs either.

Kyrie isnt selfish for telling the truth.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
FWIW Kawhi is averaging career highs and overall having arguably his best season.

Kawhi has been great and is back to being one of the very best players in the league but for All-NBA purposes I don't think you can put him above George when the numbers are similar but Kawhi has played 14 fewer games because of "load management." Giannis is a no-brainer at forward for the 1st team and the second spot should probably go to George or Durant. LeBron has been 1st team All-NBA for the last 11 years but might be 3rd team this season.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I know Hawks blew it by not taking Doncic but Trae Young has really stepped it up in the past month or so. Had a monster game today.

Reactions: cgf and Avs_19

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad