Series Talk: 2018-19 Playoffs - Vs. Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Yeah the worst scenario possible is to lose and end up having to play the Jets on the road in game 1.

Of course simply winning a game against a non-playoff opponent who is on the back end of a back-to-back while in your own barn on fan appreciation night isn't too much to ask, right?

Last edited:
Reactions: PredsV82

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Dallas, St Louis, or Winnipeg. To be honest, I don't give a shit. Preds made goal 1: make the friggin playoffs.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Based on overall form going into the playoffs you would easily pick the Jets as the matchup, but we have looked terrible all year against them so definitely wouldn't pick them. I'd go Stars just because it would be a less physical series so if we make it through we would get to play either Blues or Jets who should beat each other up.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I think its stating the obvious that not having to beat both the Jets and the Blues would be preferred

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
I think its stating the obvious that not having to beat both the Jets and the Blues would be preferred

Yes. Take care of business on Saturday and let those two beat each other up in R1.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Am I looking at the standings right? The only remaining scenario where we play the Jets in round 1 is if St Louis wins and both we and the Jets lose. In that scenario, if we lose in regulation and the Jets lose in OT, the Jets get home ice.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
The fix is in. League is gonna make sure we get the Stars, thus upping our 'rivalry' and the they'll make sure we get scheduled at least two Wednesday night games next year, all running up to the Winter Classic.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Am I looking at the standings right? The only remaining scenario where we play the Jets in round 1 is if St Louis wins and both we and the Jets lose. In that scenario, if we lose in regulation and the Jets lose in OT, the Jets get home ice.
Looking at the standings, if us and the Jets both lose in regulation and St. Louis wins, then Preds have home ice versus Jets, if Jets lose in OT and we lose in regulation, Jets get home ice.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
Dallas just lost to Chicago. It will go down to the last game on who gets which WC with the Avs. Amazing that it will go down to game 82 to get the matchups of west except for SJ vs Vegas. We could end up playing the Avs and not the Stars if we win the division but beating Chicago isn't going to be that easy.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
The fix is in. League is gonna make sure we get the Stars, thus upping our 'rivalry' and the they'll make sure we get scheduled at least two Wednesday night games next year, all running up to the Winter Classic.

With that game tonight I was wondering if the Stars were trying to tank for Calgary. Holy crap. And what happened with Crawford and what does that mean for us tomorrow?

Reactions: bdub24

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
With that game tonight I was wondering if the Stars were trying to tank for Calgary. Holy crap. And what happened with Crawford and what does that mean for us tomorrow?
My belief is that the Hawks just emptied their barrel into the Stars and we are gonna dog walk them.
My fear is that the Hawks aren't done and are starving to play spoiler to their final minute of the season.
Gonna be high pucker factor tomorrow night for us.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
well, Dallas it is.

As I said in the OP, expecting this to be a fun series hockey wise, no matter what happens.

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
i am so happy the blues play the jets :)

let them kill each other !!

i hate both :) (mods don't shut me down ... i mean it in the good sense)

i think we will pass the first round. Quitely. in 5 ? vs Dallas

Reactions: bdub24

starsfan71

Jan 26, 2016
Dallas, Tx
Should be a fun series. Stars have been world beaters on the road for some reason. Hope we can win in 6 as game 7 on Broadway will be too tough.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
There are teams I loathe far more and the Stars fans are alright except for that one that must actually be a Blues/Ducks fan for his degree of Preds saltiness. We should win but who the hell knows with this team, I also wouldn't be surprised to get bounced in 4 or 5 at this point.

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
Didn't know my well wishes were going to offend some people. Please delete this post.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: GeauxPreds1

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I remember all the Avs fans coming by last year with "hope you dont embarass us" and "we know you guys will win but we hope youll let us win a game" tripe.

And then they damn near beat us.

While I appreciate the fact that a Stars fan coming to our board doesnt want to be provocative, I think its pretty weak sauce to come over here and proclaim that your team will likely lose. I would be pissed if a Preds poster went to another teams board and said we will probably lose.

I have no problem with an opposing fan stopping in(if they feel they must) to say "best wishes, hope for an entertaining series with no injuries, may the best team win" but thats about it... edit.. see above haha

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad