Series Talk: 2018-19 Playoffs - Vs. Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I remember all the Avs fans coming by last year with "hope you dont embarass us" and "we know you guys will win but we hope youll let us win a game" tripe.

And then they damn near beat us.
I don't know if Dallas falls into this category but the problem we ran into with the Avs (which I was expecting) was they were just a bunch of young kids running around playing with house money. No expectations. Nothing to lose. They had a massive turnaround from the previous year. They were going to play incredibly loose and that's what happened.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Shocking considering how bad we are in Calgary. Or is that Calgary at Bridgestone?
We're 13-25-0-3 all time in Dallas. The Stars are 17-22-1-3 in Nashville.

We're 15-13-3-5 in Calgary.

Dallas is way down there as far as our road win percentage but Anaheim and Detroit are technically a little lower.

Calgary is around .500 in Nashville.

But whatever, none of this really matters at this point

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
By the way I'm never thread police guy but should we rename this one or start a new one for the next few days

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
I had no idea Dallas was 29th in the league in goals scored. In theory that should help our cause.

Rule #1 when you are an average NHL team and you want to get into the playoffs is to focus on defense. Trotzy figured that out a long time ago.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
Preds can get through this series with the sputtering PP and getting practically nothing from Turris/Granny and the second.

Any farther though? Doubt it

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I did some math and since the Boyle trade our PP% is 14.8. Still crappy, but it's better than our final overall percentage of 12.9. Either way anything less than 19 or 20 probably won't cut it.

But in 2012 we had the top PP in the league and lost in 5 in the second round so whatever

Last edited:

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
LA won a Cup a few years ago with about a 10% PP conversion rate in the playoffs. Having a strong PP is one thing, scoring on the PP when it matters situationally is more important. Arvy's goal last night is a perfect example of that.

starsfan71

Jan 26, 2016
Dallas, Tx
I remember all the Avs fans coming by last year with "hope you dont embarass us" and "we know you guys will win but we hope youll let us win a game" tripe.

And then they damn near beat us.

While I appreciate the fact that a Stars fan coming to our board doesnt want to be provocative, I think its pretty weak sauce to come over here and proclaim that your team will likely lose. I would be pissed if a Preds poster went to another teams board and said we will probably lose.

I have no problem with an opposing fan stopping in(if they feel they must) to say "best wishes, hope for an entertaining series with no injuries, may the best team win" but thats about it... edit.. see above haha

I fully expect to win this series. I just don't want it to go to game 7 in Bridgestone .

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Getting production from Granlund is ultimately what will controls how far we make it in the playoffs. Whether that's 5 v 5 or on the PP he needs to be the player that we thought we were trading for rather than what he has shown us so far.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
Which Dallas goalie is going to start?

Is Bishop considered the starter or is this a 1A/1B situation? And would they start Khudobin? Didn't Washington start Copley last season before going back to Holtby?

From @ PredsTalk on Twitter
Ben Bishop career #'s against NSH:
2-5-2, .877% Sv%, 3.75 GAA

Khudobin career #'s against NSH:
3-3-1, .924% Sv%, 2.69 GAA

I guess if they do start Bishop, they would not hesitate to quickly go to Khudobin if Bishop gets lit up.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
LA won a Cup a few years ago with about a 10% PP conversion rate in the playoffs. Having a strong PP is one thing, scoring on the PP when it matters situationally is more important. Arvy's goal last night is a perfect example of that.

I mean I agree with what your saying in principle but logically it doesn’t make much sense. If the Preds are sporting a 10% PP through a couple of rounds there is a high likelihood they aren’t scoring in key moments.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
It would be a pretty big upset for Dallas to win this series. Every year people love to pick the underdog and the underdogs team’s fans get a boost of optimism before round 1 starts. It’s happened to us before. Avs fans were foolishly confident last year.

I’d be very disappointed if Preds lost this round. A lot has to go right for Dallas to win. But this is the NHL. The difference between teams is thin.

Prediculous

May 11, 2018
Redding, CA
Granlund has looked much better as of late. The problem is, nobody on our team can sink a shot to save their lives most nights, thus Granlund gets no points. He's a pass first guy with an average at best shot.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Dallas will give us a lot of trouble scoring and for a team that has a tough time scoring anyways, that's not a good match. Still prefer Dallas over STL or WPG in Round 1 but we gotta get our offense going if we want to have a chance.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
But if this team can't beat Dallas, who's 29th in the league in scoring, then this team certainly doesn't deserve to go any further.

Can't ask for a better matchup in round 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad