Series Talk: 2018-19 Playoffs - Vs. Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Playoffs start in roughly a month, and since we literally have a 99.9% chance to make the playoffs, I decided to make this thread to discuss our possible first round opponents.

Right now, The Athletic's Dom Luszczyszyn's model has our three likeliest first round opponents as Blues with 57%, Stars at 17% and Jets at 12%.

Sports Club Stats's model has fairly similar chances. They have Blues at 59.7%, Stars at 17.6% and Jets at 15.6%.
Wild are 4th at 2.2%, Avalanche 5th at 1.7% and Coyotes 6th at 1.6%. Rest of the west are under 1%

2018-19 NHL playoff chances and standings projections... (Paywall)
Nashville Predators Playoff Chances - Sports Club Stats

So tell me who you want, who you really really want?
Who don't you want?
Does it even matter?

As we stand right now, I'm in the "I don't care who we face"-camp, though a series vs. Stars could be some fun hockey. Would surely get a real rivalry going before next year's Winter Classic.

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Would like to see the Jets right off the bat, tbh. Give us the real test and then either that sparks the boys to crank up their level of play, or they get it over with. I don't have a gauge yet for how good the Blues really are... and I don't know if our players will get psyched up for them quite the way they might for the Jets? So Jets. But that's pretty mild wish and the odds are not good on it all, of course. "Doesn't matter" works for me too.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
Preds will maintain the #2 seed in the Central and lose to the STL Blues in 6.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
I don't want the blues. We've lost 4 in a row against them. They seem to get up more for us than we do for them. I hate them and their fans and I don't want to have to see their stupid crap on Twitter all summer if we lose to them.

I don't really want the jets, their size reminds me of our past series with the sharks. They just use their size to neutralize everything we do. And they have so many offensive weapons. But, they kind of suck as much as we do right now so who knows.

I would rather play the Stars. We seem to have Bishop's number. And I can't see them sitting Bishop in the playoffs. Unless they come up with some kind of "injury" that would keep him out for about 2-3 weeks and he's magically healed after/if they beat us. Their fans aren't dumbass idiots like the blues or jets. (And selfishly, I could see Tyler Seguin in person. :sarcasm: )

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Top 3 Likeliest Playoff Opponents Update (The Athletic)

Blues 51%
Stars 31%
Coyotes 6%

Jets have dropped out from the top three for now.

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
I really enjoy watching Heiskanen play, so Stars would be great in that sense. Other than that, I don't care who we are against. The one thing that needs to be in place for you to succeed, imo, is consistency. Good plays, luck or the opponent's mistakes are going to tilt it one way or another, but as long as you're consistent you're going to have a chance to turn it around. With good plays, luck or the opponent's mistakes. Goaltending being the most crucial part in that consistency.

And no, I don't mean consistent the way our PP has been :naughty:

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
I don't care who we play. I'd rather see us win the division and play whoever is in the 1st wild card spot. That would mean we went on a pretty good win streak at the end of the year and started playing like everybody knows their capable of playing. But with the way were playing it wont matter who were playing. We could probably play the freaking red wings in a series and lose in 6. Lets go preds wake up

Reactions: bdub24

twig

Dec 8, 2013
After that absolute,horrible,disastrous,pathetic,emotionless,woeful,lazy,effortless,no count,embarrassing,ect,ect.
I'm still trying to figure out why the hell,I watched the whole bed wetting of a game.

Unless the (switch gets flipped) whatever it is,it's a four game sweep no matter who they play.

The sad thing is, I will watch every bit of it.
Going to need a lot of beverage.

Some f***ing body start scoring!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad