Series Talk: 2018-19 Playoffs - Vs. Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I hope we manage to keep home ice. Not because i think it will gelp us win, but because once we lose the first two at home i can go ahead and give up on this shitshow of a season.

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
I hope we manage to keep home ice. Not because i think it will gelp us win, but because once we lose the first two at home i can go ahead and give up on this ****show of a season.
And trust me this team isn’t getting out of the 1st round.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
88% chance we face Blues in the 1st round and 6% chance it's the Stars.

60% chance we make the 2nd round. 35% chance we make the conference finals. 18% chance we make the finals.

After last night's loss, our chances of winning the Cup went down 1% from 9% to 8%. Funnily enough, we still have better chances of winning the Cup than the Jets who are at 7%.

All this according to Dom Luszczyszyn's model for the Athletic.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Playoff chances after Game 80; (The Athletic)

Stars 45%
Blues 33%
Jets 20%

Round 2: 58%
Round 3: 31%
Finals: 16%
Cup: 7%

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Playoff chances after Game 80; (The Athletic)

Stars 45%
Blues 33%
Jets 20%

Round 2: 58%
Round 3: 31%
Finals: 16%
Cup: 7%
That's wacky. This suggests they see us a the likely division winner, after having a...6% chance a little more than a week ago? Well, maybe not quite, but almost even odds at winning it versus not.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Dom's model on the Athletic has liked the Preds all year. Even when we have mostly perceived the team to be a dumpster fire his model has consistently held them in decent regard. Moneypuck not so much. Haven't checked the others recently.

I'll always have a soft spot for Dom's model though since he's the guy who changed his Twitter avatar to PK very early on in the Preds cup run. He was all over that before anyone else from what I can remember.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Is it strange I have more confidence in this team going into the playoffs than I did in 2017? I think they make at least The Conference Finals and honestly I see them winning it all by beating Tampa in 6.

Reactions: Tex76

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Thing is we are a team that is structured in a way that we should really be built to be better in the playoffs. Now whether that happens is another story.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Its all going to come down to Pekka. If hes holding teams to 2 goals or less every game we should have( just) enough offense to win 4 out of 7 times....

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Its all going to come down to Pekka. If hes holding teams to 2 goals or less every game we should have( just) enough offense to win 4 out of 7 times....
I think he needs a shorter leash this time around too. Last year it was at least a debate. Rinne had such a great season and we figured he'd win the Vezina. And his history with the team and everything. And while many of us argued for or against switching to Saros, or waffled back and forth, the team couldn't ultimately take the plunge. The whole team wasn't exactly firing on all cylinders against the Jets but the Rinne/Saros waffling probably cost us that series, even if the team wasn't playing well enough to go any further than that.

This year they can't afford to waffle. If Rinne lays an egg they need to make the switch. Hopefully it won't come to that. But if it does...

Reactions: adsfan

Prediculous

May 11, 2018
Redding, CA
if we actually find a way to win the central, who would you guys want? dallas or colorado?

Both could beat us and I see a series between either team going to 6 or 7 either way. To me both of these teams are better than the wild card teams from last year (This Avs team is better than last years).

I'd like Dallas simply because it would be a cool little country rivalry series.

Reactions: Ragernschnapple

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
Anything could happen but I don't think either team should beat the Preds. Neither team has the depth to be true contenders. Dallas's depth might be worse than the Avs.

Stars would be fun. New opponent, build the rivalry etc.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Ther remains a scenario where we could face any one of 4 teams in round one. To have that many possibilities with only 1 game left boggles the mind.

Reactions: predfan24
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad