League News: 2018-19 NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) Vol. 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

third man in

Jul 27, 2007
Maryland
I don't understand how we continue to see such lopsided trades around the league. In theory since there's only 31 GM jobs, you would have the best and brightest hockey minds running all the teams. It's seems like bad HF posters from the trade forum are making some of these trades.

Reactions: RandyHolt

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Philly should be wetting their own bed to get Bob back, right? I mean how badly have the Flyers botched every goaltending decision they've made in this generation?
Once a Flyer, twice a Flyer.

Philly loves bringing back former players. JVR, Simon Gagne, Mike Knuble, Brian Boucher (multiple times), Ray Emery, RJ Umberger, Vinny Prospal, Steve Downie, etc. Even Peter Forsberg sort of counts.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
The Islanders are now only 1 point behind us. They could pass us tomorrow night.
I am very impressed with the Islanders going from 31st in goals against average last season to 1st so far this season.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
But of course you are, Mrs. Trotz. ;)
Knock it off already. Why can't you just give credit to where it is deserved.
Going from last defensively to first is quite an achievement, especially when you look at their roster. There is nothing special about their roster. One of the weakest rosters in the league.

brachyrynchos

Apr 10, 2017
The Islanders are now only 1 point behind us. They could pass us tomorrow night.
I am very impressed with the Islanders going from 31st in goals against average last season to 1st so far this season.
They've done quite well this season, Lou and Trotz have been a huge upgrade from the days of Snow and Capuano/Weight. Korn has really helped out Greiss and Lehner (who's been stellar the last 6 weeks). And after losing Tavares over the summer the organization is playing with the purpose of not being as bad as they were considered to be. Lee, Nelson, Eberle, Filppula, and Lehner are all playing for new contracts and they have some nice youth in the lineup and some good prospects on the way....Isles could be a pretty good team soon depending on the moves they make.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Willie signs for 6x5.17 buying 4 UFA years the media and HFB is like what an awful deal, the guy taken 2 picks later signs for 5x5.4 buying 2 UFA years the media and HFB is like what a bargain. Teravainen was like a year or 2ahead in point production but there are more people on earth who can go what TT does than what Willie does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad