League News: 2018-19 NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) Vol. 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC
Ever the ray of sunshine.

Caps have 3 points, 1 ROW, a significant goal-diff, and 2 games in hand on the Pens. I'm not too worried.
giphy.gif

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Brent Burns got stripped by Byfuglian and worked by him on a breakaway goal 45 seconds in last night but regular season wins and losses aren’t the priority in San Jose, it’s JTR

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Nylander looks terrible since signing that contract. Got just 11 minutes from Babcock in their last game and has already been demoted to the 3rd line.

Jun 15, 2007
Toronto has, what, a one year window to win the Cup before they have to make very difficult roster decisions?
They'll be fine. Right now Marner/Matthews/Kapanen are probably underpaid by a collective 20m+ so this year is a good shot.

But say 5 years later, when the cap has gone up another 15m, those contracts will be bargains again so they'll have another good shot.

Just like us. We won because Ovechkin and Backstrom's contracts became undervalued so we could afford to pay our 2c 7.8m and guys like Orpik and Niskanen 11m together.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Toronto has, what, a one year window to win the Cup before they have to make very difficult roster decisions?

Hold out seasons usually suck

It makes it even tougher for them if Nylander has a bad season. I think they are banking on him to be his usual self and keep his high trade value but the decision is going to get that much tougher if he has a bad year and they have to trade him for less value. They desperately need defense back and preferably a cheaper guy than Nylander to keep Matthews and Marner both who are going to get paid big time.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
Little late, but absolutely shocked Karlsson got slapped with 2 games. I think it's the right call given other suspensions this year but shocked they pulled the trigger on a superstar.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Crosby's #8 goal doesn't belong there. Otherwise a great list.
A lot of the goals were picked for historical significance, Crosby's 400th included. The Caps benefitted from that more than any other team, with all 3 of their goal inclusions basically coming because of their significance (game tying goal in Cup clincher, game winning goal in Cup clincher, Ovie's 600th)

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
A lot of the goals were picked for historical significance, Crosby's 400th included. The Caps benefitted from that more than any other team, with all 3 of their goal inclusions basically coming because of their significance (game tying goal in Cup clincher, game winning goal in Cup clincher, Ovie's 600th)
I thought Kuzys series clinching goal against the Pens was the biggest goal in our playoff run.

Reactions: Corby78

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
The game tying cup goal had little to do with significance.

Reactions: calicapsfan

searle

Jan 24, 2014
England
The big question is does willy make the all Star game?

Would absolutely LOVE to be able to refer to him as an all star forever more...

And his play this year actually puts him as a contender!

Jun 15, 2007
Guentzel signs for 6m.

Really good contract for the Pens I think.

To me it doesn't matter if he's a product of Crosby or not. All that matters is he gets it done. 70 point pace and something like 50 points in 40 games in the playoffs.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Everything I praise tonight turns to shit. If there was a way to short my posts, there'd be money made

Actually there is a way. . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad