League News: 2018-19 NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) Vol. 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
That didn't take long:

Haha, I think they got him in a feeble effort to counter Wilson, get a little tougher. Dress him at RW, as Brian Burke suggested may be worth a shot for whoever took him in a poor mans Wilson role. Very poor.

Me? If I was building a D to stop Ovi and Willy, it certainly wouldn't be with 7 small puck movers. I wouldn't expect them to survive 7 games.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
I wonder if it's osteoarthritis... my friend (similar age as Puljujarvi, little younger) has that in both of his hips because of genetics. Had to miss his entire college soccer season because of the pain, and was finally able to have surgery on it last week to fix it. That would certainly explain poor play if true.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Tuesday night will be interesting. All the relevant parties in action, except for our boys. Makes for fun watching. (It’s like the off-night during the playoffs, when your own team is sitting and you can watch the other games without extreme levels of stress)

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
6/9/2018: Larry Brooks says Ovechkin is still a loser and the Capitals had an easy path to the Cup because they didn't have to play the Rangers

3/3/2019: Capitals sweep New York Rangers in season series for 1st time, Lundqvist posts 4.77 season GAA against Caps (0-2 3.51 last year)
The Los Angeles Kings and Chicago Blackhawks have zero Stanley Cup victories over the Capitals, which begs the question, how legitimate are these so called "dynasties". /s

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA

Some great blind punches here, take note for next time Nisky!

This is exhibit B of why I want the Jackets not to even make the playoffs. Exhibit A, is the taunt they gave to the Caps and Kuzy with the Bird mocking and then their fan base following up on it when the Caps played them again in Columbus. Additional evidence is that I've mentioned it before that I correlate a fan bases Hockey IQ with the number of their fans that sit in the first row and bang on the glass. The more folks doing this, the less hockey IQ the fan base has ( we have some idiots doing this and in the Ottawa game I even saw some clown kicking the glass with his legs, you do that you should be removed from the arena). Columbus fans bang on the glass a lot. Also just because you wear a referee uniform to the game, doesn't raise your hockey IQ and actually does the opposite.

BTW, watching Leafs games I may have missed it but I don't recall seeing their fans banging on the glass, just saying.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Haha, I think they got him in a feeble effort to counter Wilson, get a little tougher. Dress him at RW, as Brian Burke suggested may be worth a shot for whoever took him in a poor mans Wilson role. Very poor.

Me? If I was building a D to stop Ovi and Willy, it certainly wouldn't be with 7 small puck movers. I wouldn't expect them to survive 7 games.
Burke, Doug Maclean, Nick Kypreos and others were calling on the Leafs to pick him up.

Reactions: RandyHolt

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Tuesday night will be interesting. All the relevant parties in action, except for our boys. Makes for fun watching. (It’s like the off-night during the playoffs, when your own team is sitting and you can watch the other games without extreme levels of stress)
Canes with the toughest opponent, Boston. Isles, Pens and Jackets should all have layups, but you never know.

Reactions: troyerlaw

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
A Jackets fail tonight vs. the Devils would make it hard to avoid a conclusion that they are playing way too uptight. Torts doesn't strike me as a guy who's very good at making his team looser in pressure situations, but maybe he has some undetected ability in this area.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
A Jackets fail tonight vs. the Devils would make it hard to avoid a conclusion that they are playing way too uptight. Torts doesn't strike me as a guy who's very good at making his team looser in pressure situations, but maybe he has some undetected ability in this area.
Scratching a guy they literally just acquired isn't exactly going to make them grip the sticks loose.

They're really about to snatch the banner of choking right out of our cold dead hands...

Portable Mink

Sep 12, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
Flu bug going around the Islanders atm.... Fingers crossed the unexpected happens....

Lets go:
Montreal against LA
Ottawa against Isles
Carolina against Bawston
Columbas against Nu Joy See
Florida against clovers

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
ok....I love the Whalers gear that Carolina is wearing. Not sure what got into them to do that but playing in Boston in Whale green and then watching the game get dirty from the start. Brilliant idea

Reactions: calicapsfan

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Flu bug going around the Islanders atm.... Fingers crossed the unexpected happens....

Lets go:
Montreal against LA
Ottawa against Isles
Carolina against Bawston
Columbas against Nu Joy See
Florida against clovers

Not getting much cooperation so far tonight. The Metro ain't gonna lay down for us, have to take it by force... (that is, if we actually care:) )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad