League News: 2018-19 NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) Vol. 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Blooj/Pens tomorrow night.... who do we got?
Pens, I think it’s hilarious when CBJ loses now, like people rooting for them like they’re good for hockey like the 2000 Skins were good for football

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
So many homers on the main board saying Kucherov doesn't deserve the Hart. Startling. Really makes me root against Kane and Mcdavid and I love watching Kane play.
Kucherov has been on another level this year. I know that team is stacked but to get 100 points in 65ish games is incredible. It’s easily going to be his trophy to win unless he gets injured long term but even then I think he still gets it

Reactions: OvechkinTooth

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Barring some late season cold streak, if Kucherov doesn't win the Hart then the pendulum has swung way too far in favour of 'great players who aren't the best but their teams squeak into the playoffs'. Sort of like how the Jack Adams rarely goes to the coach of a President's Trophy contender, which is similarly dumb.

I'm already totally against excluding non-playoff team players from winning the Hart, so if players on great teams start being punished as well then the award loses a lot of credibility to me.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
I don't mind players getting nominated for the Hart if they finish top-3 in scoring and their team barely misses the playoffs. But if that team is a tanking tirefire then sorry, that doesnt cut it for me whatever performance you're personally putting up. Lindsay? Sure. Hart? Nope. As for the teams that make the playoffs I don't care how good that team is. If the guy is clearly ahead of the pack, he should take all that hardware.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Barring some late season cold streak, if Kucherov doesn't win the Hart then the pendulum has swung way too far in favour of 'great players who aren't the best but their teams squeak into the playoffs'. Sort of like how the Jack Adams rarely goes to the coach of a President's Trophy contender, which is similarly dumb.

I'm already totally against excluding non-playoff team players from winning the Hart, so if players on great teams start being punished as well then the award loses a lot of credibility to me.
I thought that was the case last year

Reactions: Hivemind

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
Now that the filming of Game of Thrones is finished, Arya Stark can return to pursuing her hockey career.
cut.jpg

Kolyachonok thriving on long road to 2019 NHL Draft

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
So many homers on the main board saying Kucherov doesn't deserve the Hart. Startling. Really makes me root against Kane and Mcdavid and I love watching Kane play.

Several of the Lightning fans have either Point or Hedman as their most valuable player. Kucherov is the flashy one and sure, he's having a ridiculous year, but so are many of the top players on their team. If the feel around their team is that Kucherov is not tier above his teammates, that's going to cost him some votes.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Several of the Lightning fans have either Point or Hedman as their most valuable player. Kucherov is the flashy one and sure, he's having a ridiculous year, but so are many of the top players on their team. If the feel around their team is that Kucherov is not tier above his teammates, that's going to cost him some votes.
I've watched at least 30 games of Tampa this season. That offense is ran through him. Especially the power play. If you make a poll among their fans with the question who is their MVP, neither Hedman nor Point will be close to be the winner.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Can CBJ really be all-in if they're not all-in on Bobrovsky or vice versa? It seems like a rather poorly designed chemistry experiment at this stage. There's perhaps an argument to be made that their younger players could use the playoff experience if nothing else or that they're bound to sign some of those UFAs (or others, or make trades to put cap space to use) but they seem to have miscalculated. I don't think they're quite there yet up front or in their D depth overall or, obviously, in net.

Last edited:

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
My recommendation to CBus? Start drinking heavily.

And to give Bob an extended rest, just like we did with Holts last season. Feign injury if necessary.

Even if they predictably regress, when he comes back, he will be rested and not face the same pressure as the undisputed starter.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
They have lost 13 of the last 14 against the Penguins, i don't expect that to change tonight.

Blitzkrieg365

Jan 1, 2015
DMV
Columbus' next seven games:

March 7: @ PIT
March 9: vs. PIT
March 11: @NYI
March 12: vs. BOS
March 15: vs. CAR
March 16: @BOS
March 19: @cgy
Wow, I heard their schedule was rough but didn't know it was that brutal. I highly doubt they'll make the playoffs. Going all in at the TDL was a terrible idea, they were a bubble team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad