Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO
Quick:

39329706_1790982384312344_6037593874841468928_o.jpg

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !
To those who sign his paychecks and cheer him on in Vegas it sure is a bit of a slap in the face regardless of it being a "charity game" or not.

Professional sports are a business in which loyalty is also measured in public. As I said previously it certainly isn't a grave offense but I can absolutely see why fans and the front office would feel a bit slighted seeing their number 1 goalie on the ice wearing a rival's jersey.
Players can do whatever the hell they want in private, but at the end of the day Team A still signs the player's check and it's a bit unlucky for one to be wearing a jersey of Team XYZ.

I'm sure it would go over well in Pittsburgh if Crosby wore a Flyers jersey on the ice.

It doesn't affect me personally, I'm actually looking forward to the Sharks lighting up Fleury at one point next season and someone will be digging out this picture.

But yes, let's call people "ridiculous" because they are a bit taken aback at a player wearing a rival's jersey while they are still under contract.

And Perreault in a Bruins jersey? And Hubredeau in a Sharks jersey? Exactly how many faces got slapped here?!?!

Before people panic...the charity event was PRO-AM GAGNÉ-BERGERON, but I think this year Simon Gagné (former Flyers) didn't participate and Marc-Édouard Vlasic took his place. So it was Bruins (Bergeron) vs Sharks (Vlasic).

During the same event, all players wear their official jerseys for ''skills competition'' and when they meet the public to sign memorabilia.

Reactions: Iron Mosher

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
He always went with red flaps. He went with all blue flaps this time with with red straps. Most important, he went with an all white setup to look bigger as opposed to last year.
His pads are way too plain. He almost looks like a goalie that was just acquired and hasn’t had the chance to update his pads. He looks terrible with the home jersey.

AgentBrodeur

Jul 19, 2016
new jersey
I am very happy with the change. Some goalies looked so stacked with the chest protectors. I would like the ability to play the puck line, to be extended a few feet.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
His pads are way too plain. He almost looks like a goalie that was just acquired and hasn’t had the chance to update his pads. He looks terrible with the home jersey.

He’s always looked bigger and sharper with close to all white pads. I think it’s a real clean look. He I think blue would’ve made the design he chose look off on the pads so he decided to throw blue on the straps. Overall, I’m a fan of simple pads. I don’t think they should be all white, just a little bit of colour which is he has. His equipment last year was way to loud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad