NBA 2018-19 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Does he not like criticism or not like not-getting credit? If it's the latter then playing with LeBron does nothing for him, even if he's outclassing LeBron night after night.

I don't think he gives a rats ass about credit, hence why he signed with GSW. He didn't like being criticized for having no championships as the 2nd best player of his era, so he went out and got one the best way possible. Hence the burner accounts. KD is my favourite player but I have no issues admitting he has skin as thick as tissue paper and really cant take the heat the way a guy like Bron can.

"We don't need you." Lol. The reason they went hard after KD is because they fell short in their 73 win season. If Durant stays in OKC or signs with a different contender, the Warriors don't win back-to-back titles.

They don't need him yet he's been FMVP both years and is the reason they have gone 8-1 in his two finals w/ the team.

The best part of Draymond allegedly saying "we don't need you" is that he was the one who called Durant from the parking lot after losing to the Cavs in the finals.

Which makes this whole situation hilarious.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I don't think he gives a rats ass about credit, hence why he signed with GSW. He didn't like being criticized for having no championships as the 2nd best player of his era, so he went out and got one the best way possible. Hence the burner accounts. KD is my favourite player but I have no issues admitting he has skin as thick as tissue paper and really cant take the heat the way a guy like Bron can.

KD isn’t my favorite player but I don’t necessarily agree with the last part of this post. KD...burner’s and all...went out & dominated the NBA finals after arguing with middle schoolers on IG. LeBron choked hard just from reading the press.

Dude’s sensitive, but he’s not soft

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Durant still gets criticized after winning two rings and finals MVPs because he's doing it with the Warriors. It's easy to say who cares what people think but we know he's sensitive and he clearly cares. Even LeBron had to go win one with the Cavs to please everyone and get them off his back. That's why a lot of people think Durant is leaving the Warriors and won't join LeBron's team. If he wants to or feels like he needs to have his own team and win there then it can't be the Lakers.

Belieber

The Nuge is huge
Jun 23, 2016
vancouver
Durant has to go to the Knicks and build a championship team there. Then all his haters, including me, will bow down and appreciate him.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
I have no idea what to make of the Eastern Conference.

All I know is the Cavs won't make it back to the Finals.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Durant has to go to the Knicks and build a championship team there. Then all his haters, including me, will bow down and appreciate him.

Plus he’d gain an island of Stans ready to cape up whenever anyone even thought about questioning his greatness :laugh:

Ultimately I think either us or the Clippers makes the most sense if he wants to leave and do something that changes his legacy. Taking LA away from LeBron would be huge, but if Perry is smart and pays NY venues to book Dolan’s shitty band solid, for the next 5 years, then rescuing the Knicks might be possible for the first time since the towers fell.

Reactions: Belieber

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I have no idea what to make of the Eastern Conference.

All I know is the Cavs won't make it back to the Finals.

OwnX.gif

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Wouldn't they be kinda like the 2014 cavs when lebron went back?

Durant, Porzingis in the kyrie role and the third star missing

Basically...as long as KP's recovery goes smoothly.

Only hopefully KD would be more willing to be patient with the kids for a year the way current LeBron is trying to be. As that would give the kids a year to show that they're ready to play their part, like the celtics kids are...and secondarily because THJ's then-expiring would serve well as salary ballast along some youth, in a trade for a third star in the summer of 2020. Or before then if the FO could make something like THJ + Knox for Beal work right after signing KD.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
While I think Draymond is a complete idiot and thinks he's a lot better/more important than he actually is in that organization, to be completely fair... he's not wrong. The Warriors won their first title without KD, then went 73-9 the next season and went to game 7 against the Cavs and I have always been of the opinion that if Draymond didn't get suspended, the Warriors would have won that series, too. Obviously, what happened, happened, but Draymond isn't exactly off base here.

There's also the whole issue of most of the Warriors players having the same opinion Draymond has, but just not sharing it in the manner he did. I think Warriors players feel like they don't really need KD, nor do they want to put up with having to constantly recruit him and convince him into staying.

For KD... this is it for him in GS. He's the most sensitive player in the league, arguably in the history of this game. He's not coming back. It'll be interesting to see where he signs, though. Can't go join LeBron in Los Angeles. That'll only fuel the negativity even more.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
In other news, Jimmy Butler took a huge shot at the Timberwolves lmao. Said it's so fun to be winning again, and that he has so much more fun playing with "these guys" now in Philadelphia.

Give it time. Things are going to turn, and eventually Jimmy is going to start feuding with Joel/Simmons/Fultz.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Apparently the Kings aren't happy on how Dave Joerger is handling Bagley's minutes. Apparently could lead to him getting fired. Would be a mistake if he did get fired.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
kemba drops 60 and the hornets still lose

that's what happens when you surround your star with the likes of MKG, marvin williams, and cody zeller

Reactions: Voight and cgf

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Kemba dropping 60. Damn.

For their sake (and Kemba's) I hope Monk and Bridges turn into good players.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Kemba dropping 60. Damn.

For their sake (and Kemba's) I hope Monk and Bridges turn into good players.

Maybe they will but Kemba should do himself a favor and ask for a trade. He really should.

Of course, the team will get low-value for him, will draft another meh player while the next player chosen is a star, and Jordan will give another former UNC player a roster spot while also hiring another former UNC player a front-office or coaching spot. Rinse and repeat.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Maybe they will but Kemba should do himself a favor and ask for a trade. He really should.

Of course, the team will get low-value for him, will draft another meh player while the next player chosen is a star, and Jordan will give another former UNC player a roster spot while also hiring another former UNC player a front-office or coaching spot. Rinse and repeat.

He’s a free agent after this season. He’ll get paid.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Kemba is not coming back to the Hornets lol. I honestly can't think of a single reason to re-sign if I'm in his situation.

If Kyrie Irving re-signs in Boston, I would not be surprised if the Knicks put the full-court press on Kemba and brought him back to his home.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Kemba is not coming back to the Hornets lol. I honestly can't think of a single reason to re-sign if I'm in his situation.

If Kyrie Irving re-signs in Boston, I would not be surprised if the Knicks put the full-court press on Kemba and brought him back to his home.

Durant, Walker and Porzingis is a great top 3

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Apparently the Kings aren't happy on how Dave Joerger is handling Bagley's minutes. Apparently could lead to him getting fired. Would be a mistake if he did get fired.

Bagley should be getting more minutes but I agree, it'd be a mistake to fire Joerger. The Kings have been playing well and he has done a great job with some of the other young players. You can't fire the guy who has a hand in Fox looking like one of the best PGs in the league in only his second season.

Speaking of the draft, Donic looks amazing and I think he's easily the best player from this year's class. He has been playing against men in Europe so he might have an advantage but I also think his talent is just on another level.

Reactions: Jack Straw

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Kemba's a heck of a player, got to think more than 1 team will be knocking at the Hornet's door to get a chance at Walker very soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad