NBA 2018-19 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Bagley should be getting more minutes but I agree, it'd be a mistake to fire Joerger. The Kings have been playing well and he has done a great job with some of the other young players. You can't fire the guy who has a hand in Fox looking like one of the best PGs in the league in only his second season.

Speaking of the draft, Donic looks amazing and I think he's easily the best player from this year's class. He has been playing against men in Europe so he might have an advantage but I also think his talent is just on another level.

Doncic is a freak. Where's that poster that bashed him prior to the draft?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Durant, Walker and Porzingis is a great top 3

We'd need to trade for Kemba's rights to be able to afford KD & him without moving our 2019 FRP...or 1 of Ntilikina / Knox if the pick was low enough. Of course the catch 22 is that trading for Kemba's rights would probably require one of the pieces that we'd need his rights to be able to keep unless he wanted out and Jordan didn't wanna be petty. So realistically we'd need to move our pick for a future pick to afford both of them in FA.

...if Jordan were to get suckered into helping us out for THJ, our 2020 FRP & Mudiay or Burke's rights, however; then things could get really interesting:

Walker | Trier
Ntilikina | Dotson
'19 FRP | Knox
Durant | Vonleh
Porzi | Robinson
+ room-MLE

With Ntilikina playing the point next to Trier, whenever Kemba isn't on the court.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Apparently the Kings aren't happy on how Dave Joerger is handling Bagley's minutes. Apparently could lead to him getting fired. Would be a mistake if he did get fired.

If they were to fire him, I wouldn't be shocked. SAC is horrible at retaining coaches and being patient with them.

He's already lasted longer than their last 8 coaches, stretching back to 2006. Ranadive especially doesn't seem to care about paying guys to not coach.

Bagley should be getting more minutes but I agree, it'd be a mistake to fire Joerger. The Kings have been playing well and he has done a great job with some of the other young players. You can't fire the guy who has a hand in Fox looking like one of the best PGs in the league in only his second season.

Speaking of the draft, Donic looks amazing and I think he's easily the best player from this year's class. He has been playing against men in Europe so he might have an advantage but I also think his talent is just on another level.

TBH I think Ayton will end up the best player from this draft class 20 years down the line; usually takes C's longer to hit their stride. But Doncic is looking like an NBA regular already.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

The Wizards are a complete mess both on and off the court. Good luck moving Wall's contract but Beal might be the most sought after player on the market.

Reactions: HFBCommenter

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
why is brooks still the HC in washington? guy was brought in to lure KD. no reason aside from that

i highly doubt howard has anything to do with the BS over there but its really something how drama just somehow happens to follow him from team to team

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Fultz only played 7 minutes tonight and was benched for the entire second half. After the game Brown didn't rule out McConnell replacing him as the back up PG moving forward.

Move him elsewhere so he can start over. I'm not writing him off yet but it might be reaching a point where it can't work in Philly.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Fultz only played 7 minutes tonight and was benched for the entire second half. After the game Brown didn't rule out McConnell replacing him as the back up PG moving forward.

Move him elsewhere so he can start over. I'm not writing him off yet but it might be reaching a point where it can't work in Philly.

If Jimmy hasn’t broken him yet, then it’s bound to happen soon. I just wonder if other-Ben is going to survive, cause I can see Jimmy & Joel bullying him out Philly to

Reactions: Avs_19
Sep 19, 2008
why is brooks still the HC in washington? guy was brought in to lure KD. no reason aside from that

i highly doubt howard has anything to do with the BS over there but its really something how drama just somehow happens to follow him from team to team

I don' tthink he was brought in to lure KD. Everyone knew he wasn't going to get KD but his qualifications in the past more than showed he was able in theory to coach. He missed the playoffs once.

That being said I actually saw him on Saturday but I didn't really yell anything at him and at least tried to act civilized to him. People tried to support him and I calmed down on my anti-Wizards hate for now. I still think it's a playoff team that is bafflingly 5-11.

Sep 19, 2008
F7A84808-07B6-4A39-9322-C83076738BAA.thumb.jpeg.7e31c1b8731700c010304f9bb9be9127.jpeg

Reactions: cgf
Sep 19, 2008
According to Woj, John Wall said “f*** you” to head coach Scott Brooks after being challenged to raise the intensity. (He later apologized and was fined.)

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Who is desperate enough to risk taking on Wall's contract? Orlando/Phoenix? I don't think you realistically unload him until the summer. I wouldn't give up on Beal just yet either.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Such a strange story. I'm not a huge college basketball fan but I try to watch the top prospects and Fultz looked great from the little I saw. I never would've expected his career to start this way.

The Sixers need shooters so send him to Miami for Ellington and McGruder and be done with it.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

Such a strange story. I'm not a huge college basketball fan but I try to watch the top prospects and Fultz looked great from the little I saw. I never would've expected his career to start this way.

The Sixers need shooters so send him to Miami for Ellington and McGruder and be done with it.

If not even the Phoenix & Orlando's of the world will send Philly a young wing/forward for Fultz, then they should use his contract, with some of their expirings, the Heat pick, their own future picks & Zhaire Smith; to absorb some bad money while trading for a 4th star. Targetting some combination like Beal + Mahinmi, Conley + Parsons, Richardson + Whiteside, etc.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
If not even the Phoenix & Orlando's of the world will send Philly a young wing/forward for Fultz, then they should use his contract, with some of their expirings, the Heat pick, their own future picks & Zhaire Smith; to absorb some bad money while trading for a 4th star. Targetting some combination like Beal + Mahinmi, Conley + Parsons, Richardson + Whiteside, etc.

It's going to be tough with how things have gone with Fultz. The Miami pick might be their most valuable asset outside of the obvious players they're not trading. Beal would've been such a perfect fit for them if they didn't trade for Butler.

darko

Feb 16, 2009

The Wizards are a complete mess both on and off the court. Good luck moving Wall's contract but Beal might be the most sought after player on the market.

At least they didn't go full Crittenton/Arenas.

Reactions: Avs_19
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad