Not open for further replies.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Sandin Loverde
Rosen Liljegren
Borgman Hollowell

Who comes on for Rosen and Borgman?

Marincin? Subban? Oleksy? Durzak?
Marincin is playing for Slovakia in the World Championships I believe. We haven't sent him down yet either.

It probably would be Durzak and Olesky.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Gordeev's a closet hot-head and I love it. Hope to see the kid get an ELC despite his lacklustre production.

Yes, let's give an ELC to somebody because he attempted to injure a kid and got kicked out in an important playoff game that they ended up losing 7-2...

How about we try to get good players with size that don't do stupid s***.

Reactions: Blueboy and Morgs

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Here is the 2nd period

12th Shift: Lilly gets the puck at the centre ice line and passes to his D partner.
Shift Length: 0:32

13th Shift: Nothing noteworthy here
Shift Length: 0:31

14th Shift: Lilly gets the puck from his goalie, and tries to make an outlet pass that gets blocked, but the Marlies are still able to clear the zone. Later, Lilly gets the puck in his zone, and skates behind his net looking to get away from the forechecker, and carries it forward, and then turns back just inside his blueline escaping the pressure and passes to his D partner. He gets the puck back and makes a breakout pass to his teammate at the centre ice line.
Lilly is really good at escaping danger, and it was evident there.
Shift Length: 0:57

15th Shift: Lilly makes a breakout pass to Timashov at the centre ice line. Later, with the Monsters player chasing after the puck, Lilly puts him to the boards which allows Engvall to get the puck.
A nice simple play by Lilly.
Shift Length: 0:49

16th Shift: Lilly gets the puck just after the centre ice line, and makes a short pass to his teammate and he enters the Monsters zone.
Shift Length: 0:38

17th Shift: Lilly moves in and gets a good chance, but his shot is stopped.
Shift Length: 0:59

18th Shift: Nothing noteworthy here
Shift Length: 0:40

19th Shift: A PP shift. The Monsters player gets to the puck in the Marlies zone, but Lilly pins him to the boards and separates him from the puck.
Shift Length: 0:59

20th Shift: Nothing noteworthy here
Shift Length: 0:34

TOI:
6:39

5 on 5

Lilly clean exits: 2/3
Lilly supported clean exits:
Lilly Clean Entries:
Lilly supported clean entries: 1
Team stats
Stretch Passes: 2
Clean exits: 12/13

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Here is the 3rd.

21st Shift: Lilly gets the puck behind his net and passes to a teammate on the right sideboards.
Shift Length: 0:57

22nd Shift: Lilly receives a pass from his teammate behind his net on the left side, and sends an amazing pass to Engvall for a breakaway, but he is stopped.
Shift Length: 0:53

23rd Shift: A partial PK and even strength shift. Nothing noteworthy here
Shift Length: 0:52

24th Shift: Nothing noteworthy here
Shift Length: 0:54

25th Shift: Noting noteworthy here
Shift Length: 0:38

26th Shift: Nothing noteworthy here
Shift Length: 1:10

27th Shift: Nothing noteworthy here
Shift Length: 1:05

28th Shift: A PK shift.
Shift Length: 0:42

29th Shift: A PP EN shift. Lilly gets the puck behind his net and passes it to a teammate on the left side. He gets an assist on the EN goal.
Shift Length: 0:33

TOI:
7:44

Total TOI:
21:49

5 on 5

Lilly clean exits: 1/1
Lilly supported clean exits:
Lilly Clean Entries:
Lilly supported clean entries: 1
Team stats
Stretch Passes:
Clean exits: 7/9

Total
5 on 5

Lilly clean exits: 4/6
Lilly supported clean exits: 2
Lilly Clean Entries:
Lilly supported clean entries: 3
Team stats
Stretch Passes: 3
Clean exits: 30/38

Jeff had Lilly at 33 shifts. So i'm probably off on some of the stats. The TOI is closer to 24-25 mins.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Here are the playoff series for our prospects, and their stats in the series and entire playoffs.
Updated Thursday May 2nd

Games today

Game 6: HPK wins 1-0
Series tied 3-3
Game 1: Guelph wins 3-2
Guelph wins series 4-3

Liiga

Finals: Karpat(2) vs HPK(5)
Series tied 3-3
Jesper Lindgren
Series:
GP 6 Goals Assists 1 Points 1
Playoffs:
GP 17 Goals 1 Assists 3 Points 4
Regular season:
GP: 45 Goals: 2 Assists: 17 Points: 19

OHL

Finals: Ottawa(1) vs Guelph(4)
Ottawa leads series 1-0
Fedor Gordeev
Series:
GP Goals Assists Points
Playoffs:
GP 19 Goals 2 Assists 1 Points 3
Regular season:
GP: 63 Goals: 7 Assists: 25 Points: 32

WHL
3rd round: Prince Albert(1) vs Vancouver(1)

Ian Scott
Series:
GP SV% GAA SO
Playoffs:
GP 16 SV% .930 GAA 1.84 SO 3
Regular season:
GP: 49 SV%: .932 GAA: 1.83 SO: 8

Reactions: FreeBird

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Itd be impossible to implement because no two players even on the same team have a similar tax situation at all

No, it wouldn't be impossible. You might not be able to create an exact, to the tenth decimal place multiplier for each jurisdiction, but you could certainly come up with a factor that would be a lot fairer than the current situation. The process would actually be pretty simple to do so.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I'm an accountant and I'd stake my designation on saying this would be close to impossible

You might want to give up your designation now. LOL.... I've held position of Senior account, with multiple designations, Financial field courses, Financial Planning courses... been in the business for thirty years. I'm not going to spell it out for you, but it's not hard... really.

WillNy29

Jun 20, 2018
No, it wouldn't be impossible. You might not be able to create an exact, to the tenth decimal place multiplier for each jurisdiction, but you could certainly come up with a factor that would be a lot fairer than the current situation. The process would actually be pretty simple to do so.
Ok so what about the player who has his residency based out of a different locale...or the player who has to pay a franchise tax due to being from texas or arizona...or the player who utilizes a corporate structure that gets paid on his behalf so that he only pays corporate taxes?

WillNy29

Jun 20, 2018
You might want to give up your designation now. LOL.... I've held position of Senior account, with multiple designations, Financial field courses, Financial Planning courses... been in the business for thirty years. I'm not going to spell it out for you, but it's not hard... really.
I tutor tax for the CPA lol

WillNy29

Jun 20, 2018
The point I am making is that the taxes arent as big an impact as everyone thinks, i co oped for a guy who did some NHL players taxes these guy have minimal tax bills regardless because they hire guys who maximize their take home salary regardless of income taxes and payroll taxes (would you have a cap adjust for EI and CPP too?) But of course as a certified financial planner you already knew all of that right?

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
The point I am making is that the taxes arent as big an impact as everyone thinks, i co oped for a guy who did some NHL players taxes these guy have minimal tax bills regardless because they hire guys who maximize their take home salary regardless of income taxes and payroll taxes (would you have a cap adjust for EI and CPP too?) But of course as a certified financial planner you already knew all of that right?

Sure, but to say that it's impossible to look at a series of tax returns, and determine what, if any variances there are by jurisdiction isn't possible? Surely you should expect that most could take a look at such returns, and eliminate any extraordinary deductions, non-hockey related items, etc, and come up with a graph showing some degree of what taxes are "normal and expected" within any jurisdiction, by profession, and use it, if necessary to even out any uneven playing fields... or determine that there really isn't one, despite that perception. You must agree, that such an exercise, while perhaps time consuming, wouldn't be particularly challenging.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Gordeev's a closet hot-head and I love it. Hope to see the kid get an ELC despite his lacklustre production.

Isolation

Was the kid taken off on a stretcher?
Did the kid return to the game?
Is the kid out for the series?
Was there some history before the hit?

It is in slow motion so I don't get the impression it was really that bad, and he didn't crush him into the boards, more like a heave into the boards, and he moved slideways along the boards after the hit, so more a glancing blow?

Penalty sure why not but I can't make a judgement based on that clip.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Sure, but to say that it's impossible to look at a series of tax returns, and determine what, if any variances there are by jurisdiction isn't possible? Surely you should expect that most could take a look at such returns, and eliminate any extraordinary deductions, non-hockey related items, etc, and come up with a graph showing some degree of what taxes are "normal and expected" within any jurisdiction, by profession, and use it, if necessary to even out any uneven playing fields... or determine that there really isn't one, despite that perception. You must agree, that such an exercise, while perhaps time consuming, wouldn't be particularly challenging.

If you have facts and understand the tax codes why would you not be able to determine?
Today everything is recorded somewhere.

Reactions: WillNy29

Mad hatter

Go Leafs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Acton Ontario
Isolation

Was the kid taken off on a stretcher?
Did the kid return to the game?
Is the kid out for the series?
Was there some history before the hit?

It is in slow motion so I don't get the impression it was really that bad, and he didn't crush him into the boards, more like a heave into the boards, and he moved slideways along the boards after the hit, so more a glancing blow?

Penalty sure why not but I can't make a judgement based on that clip.
I agree, I seen nothing to justify a major penalty there.

Reactions: teddygmr

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I’m also afraid of having too many good players.

When all your rookies barely get past that stage and need traded you are left with rookies to try and win a cup with. Would you like to bet that vet D are better than rookie D? I guess we can just trade Rielly in a few years though to keep Sandin and Lilj

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille