Line Combos: 2018/19 Line Combinations

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
pettersson will be top 6 barring he absolutely underwhelms

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
I see one of Hutton or MDZ traded to make room for Hughes. Juolevi starts in the ahl. I think you can get a mid pick for one of them but probably need to pay for some of the salary

At forward Archibald, Boucher, Motte, Gaunce I don't see much chances these 4 make the team. All 4 are not worth anything in a trade. Maybe Gaunce gets a 7th round pick.

Baer Horvat Boeser
Liepsic Pettersson Eriksson
Rousell Sutter Virtanen
Schaller Beagle Gagner
Goldobin

Maybe Granlund gets traded for a 6th round pick.

Gaudette and Dahlen will be first call up.

So many people are saying these Vets will ve taking young players roster spot. Young players wont get a chance. Did we forget that there are always injuries. There is going to be at least a few forwards out every game. Remember a few season ago when Hansen and Dorset were out. Canucks called up Megna and Chaput because there were no good young players to call up. Now they can call up Dahlen and Gaudette instead. I don't know about you guys but I don't want any Chaput and Megna type of players to play on the Canucks every again.

Young players like Pettersson Gaudette Goldobin Dahlen will still get lot of games.

BROCK HUGHES

Jun 3, 2006
Victoria bc/red deer alberta
I see one of Hutton or MDZ traded to make room for Hughes. Juolevi starts in the ahl. I think you can get a mid pick for one of them but probably need to pay for some of the salary

At forward Archibald, Boucher, Motte, Gaunce I don't see much chances these 4 make the team. All 4 are not worth anything in a trade. Maybe Gaunce gets a 7th round pick.

Baer Horvat Boeser
Liepsic Pettersson Eriksson
Rousell Sutter Virtanen
Schaller Beagle Gagner
Goldobin

Maybe Granlund gets traded for a 6th round pick.

Gaudette and Dahlen will be first call up.

So many people are saying these Vets will ve taking young players roster spot. Young players wont get a chance. Did we forget that there are always injuries. There is going to be at least a few forwards out every game. Remember a few season ago when Hansen and Dorset were out. Canucks called up Megna and Chaput because there were no good young players to call up. Now they can call up Dahlen and Gaudette instead. I don't know about you guys but I don't want any Chaput and Megna type of players to play on the Canucks every again.

Young players like Pettersson Gaudette Goldobin Dahlen will still get lot of games.
What screws up this team is having Eriksson Sutter and Gagner on this team.Wasting spots for kids who should be given a chance.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
And i'm getting really sick of guys named Todd. Hi what's your name? Todd.I'm Todd. And this is Blake, and Blaire and Blaine and Brent. Where all these goofy ****ing boys names comin' from. Taylor, Tyler, Jordan, Flynn. These are not real names. You want to hear a real name? Eddie. Eddie is a real name, what happened to Eddie he was hear a minute ago. Jackie and Johnny and Tommy and Bill. Danny, Larry, Johnny, and Phil. What happened? Todd. And Cody, and Dillon, and Cameron, and Tucker. Hi Tucker, i'm Todd. Hi Todd, i'm Tucker. **** Tucker, Tucker sucks. And **** Tuckers friend Kyle. that's another soft name for a boy. Kyle. Soft names make soft people. I'll bet you ten times out of ten, Nicky, Vinnie, and Tony would beat the **** out of Todd, Kyle, and Tucker
What

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Highly likely.

Playing with whom and in what position?
Looks like Green and staff are growing a hostility to having a young beauty gem like Gaudette in their lineup and if they do that then PBP will be RW with Goldy boy Goldobin on the LW and whoever in the middle. Gagner or Granny maybe? Either way it will be a poor solution if its not Gaudette

I like this:

Goldy/Lipesic Gaudette PBP

Solid 2nd line that gives a HUGE offensive punch after the top line. SOLID

BannedFromCDC

Sep 18, 2012
New Westminster
Baertschi-Horvat-Boeser
Petterson-Gagner-Eriksson
Roussel-Sutter-Granlund
Schaller-Beagle-Virtanen
Extra: Leipsic

Edler-Tanev
Del Zotto-Stecher
Pouliot-Gudbranson
Extras: Hutton and Biega

Markstrom
Nilsson

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Baertschi-Horvat-Boeser
Petterson-Gagner-Eriksson
Roussel-Sutter-Granlund
Schaller-Beagle-Virtanen

Edler-Tanev
Del Zotto-Stecher
Pouliot-Gudbranson

Markstrom
Nilsson

This is probably very close...

Small adjustments I'd make:

Baertschi-Horvat-Boeser
Eriksson-Sutter-Pettersson (Pettersson more comfy on the RW)
Roussel-Granlund-Virtanen
Schaller-Beagle-Gagner

Edler-Tanev
Del Zotto-Stecher
Pouliot-Gudbranson

I don't like it but this is probably what we are looking at on opening day.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
When's the last time that happened? It's really just you and your ilk that does it.

:rolleyes:

We literally just had to go over the f***ing Marco Sturm signing a few days ago for the 10,000th time because Muppet decided that "But Gillis signed Sturm!" somehow had anything to do with anything. It literally happens on a weekly basis, as you of course know because you are just trolling right now.

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
Nah, see there was this amazing poster called ChefRavioli or something and his specialty was deflecting every post in every thread with something something Mike Gillis. It really was halcyon days for the Benning bros. Anyway guess you missed it.
Troll from the Edmonton board (not HF but the official one)

You should head over and say hi :naughty:

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
Lets get dangerous Darkwing Duck. Heres an idea Ive been thinking about to try and load up and balance the forward lines.

Boeser Horvat Pettersson
Baertschi Gagner Eriksson
Leipsic Sutter Virtanen
Roussel Beagle Granlund
Schaller

Pettersson AND Boeser play their off wing just like on the PP to try and make a real skilled first line. Or try them on their proper wings in preseason to see which is better at even strength. Pettersson doesnt have any scrubs for linemates here. Gagner centres a soft but skilled 2nd line. Sutter gets to stay on the 3rd line with D zone faceoffs and fast pesky linemates. Beagle gets to lead the 4th line with one tough, and one fast winger. Schaller could take Leipsics spot depending on camp and can fill in Center depending on injuries. Gaunce gets waived as much as it hurts me. Goldobin and Gaudette get first call ups depending on how they are doing and what position needs replacing

Last edited:

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
:rolleyes:

We literally just had to go over the ****ing Marco Sturm signing a few days ago for the 10,000th time because Muppet decided that "But Gillis signed Sturm!" somehow had anything to do with anything. It literally happens on a weekly basis, as you of course know because you are just trolling right now.

Referring back to the previous regime doesn't equate to "blaming" them.

pgj98m3

Jan 8, 2012
Lets get dangerous Darkwing Duck. Heres an idea Ive been thinking about to try and load up and balance the forward lines.

Boeser Horvat Pettersson
Baertschi Gagner Eriksson
Leipsic Sutter Virtanen
Roussel Beagle Granlund
Schaller

Pettersson AND Boeser play their off wing just like on the PP to try and make a real skilled first line. Or try them on their proper wings in preseason to see which is better at even strength. Pettersson doesnt have any scrubs for linemates here. Gagner centres a soft but skilled 2nd line. Sutter gets to stay on the 3rd line with D zone faceoffs and fast pesky linemates. Beagle gets to lead the 4th line with one tough, and one fast winger. Schaller could take Leipsics spot depending on camp and can fill in Center depending on injuries. Gaunce gets waived as much as it hurts me. Goldobin and Gaudette get first call ups depending on how they are doing and what position needs replacing
After the first line it is horrible....not blaming you, it’s the tire fire Lindenning have constructed.

Reactions: Dave Lister

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
What would be ideal with our terrible lineup:

Baertschi - Horvat - Boeser
Eriksson - Gagner - Pettersson
Leipsic - Gaudette/Sutter - Virtanen
Roussel - Beagle - Sutter/Gaudette
Schaller/Granlund/Gaunce/Archibald (Would love to trade Granlund or Sutter).

We either have to weaken Boeser or Pettersson's ability, because we only have one top 6 centre in Horvat to play them with. Else, one of them would have to play on the left wing, which wouldn't be ideal, and that line would have to face top lines every time.

I wish Benning went after a centre with a shred of top 6 offensive ability rather than spend the money on grinders... Gagner is the closest thing we have, and he isn't a really good player anymore.

I think Pettersson is good enough to create offense for himself and carry Gagner and Eriksson, but it really is a shame we don't have better players for him to play with.

We desperately need Jack Hughes... In a big way.

As for defense:

Edler - Stecher
Hughes - Tanev
Hutton - Biega
DZ/Pouliot/Gubranson (Please trade one or two of these guys for scraps.)

Last edited:

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Baertschi - Horvat - Boeser
Pettersson - Sutter - Eriksson
Virtanen - Gaudette - Gagner
Roussel - Beagle - Granlund
Schaller
Goldobin/Gaunce/Boucher/Leipsic

Edler - Stecher
Del Zotto - Tanev
Hutton - Gudbranson
Pouliot
Biega

Markstrom
Demko

Nilsson buried.

PP 1:
Pettersson-Horvat-Gagner
Boeser-Edler

Tv9924

Sep 16, 2012
Surrey, BC
Baertschi - Horvat - Boeser - (The top line)
Eriksson - Gaudette - Pettersson - (Plays only 10-12 of even strength mins a night, with bonus PP time)
Roussel - Sutter - Virtanen - (3rd line, but plays 2nd line mins at even strength like last year)
Schaller - Beagle - Gagner - (4th line, but plays 3rd line even strength mins)
Goldobin, Granlund

Edler - Stecher (The top pair to start the season)
Hughes - Tanev ( A solid 2nd pair, and possibly top pair by seasons end)
Hutton (Gets his chance to impress Travis Green, but plays with Guddy) - Gudbranson - (A true 3rd pair)
Del Zotto, Pouliot

Markstrom - (Gets ~55 starts)
Nilsson - (If not traded, gets ~20 starts with Demko getting the rest)
I think the lineup you posted is the best one we could go with. We are going to be heavily dependent on Gaudette and Pettersson to have excellent rookie seasons, and on Horvat and Boeser to continue to improve, to even come close to the level that we were last year, much less improve upon it. Just for fun I plugged this lineup and last years lineup into a hockey analytics visualizer tool and sorted it by Goals Above Replacement per 82 games (GAR82). Not only are we going to be missing the Sedins' 5 on 5 offense, but their defensive contributions as well. Even if Pettersson and Gaudette match the twins' production from last year it will still be a net loss. Vanek's offense will be missed as well, I can't believe they chose not to bring him back. Our powerplay will also not be as great as it was last year.

It's gonna be a long f***ing year.

fjW8Cd2.png
n5TvoPj.png
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Tableau Public

jonnygf40

Oct 23, 2009
Any way you look at it, at least a couple of the forwards have to be moved this summer. The Canucks have 14 forwards signed, including Pettersson, with Virtanen still needing a contract. That doesnt include Dahlen, Goldobin, Motte, or Archibald. Quick math .... minimum 3 forwards too many. At least 2 of Granlund, Gagner, Leipsic, Gaunce have to go. There is no other way around it. Either that, or Utica is going to have a hell of a payroll this year. Ideally, Gagner would be the first to go. The most expensive contract. Redundant position. Limited success last year.

Baertschi Horvat Boeser
Eriksson Gaudette Pettersson
Roussel Sutter Virtanen
Schaller Beagle Leipsic
Granlund

I figure Gaudette and Pettersson can flip flop on that second line, as one shoots right and the other left. First injury call-up should go to Goldobin, leave Dahlen to marinate in the AHL.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
If Juolevi shows he’s ready at camp and Hughes signs and lights it up, how do you make room?

Edler Gudbranson
MDZ Tanev
Pouliot Stecher
Hutton Biega

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
If Juolevi shows he’s ready at camp and Hughes signs and lights it up, how do you make room?

Edler Gudbranson
MDZ Tanev
Pouliot Stecher
Hutton Biega
Trade Pouliot for a 4th, Gudbranson for a recent 1st rounder, 2nd, maybe even more since he is signed for 3 years now.

Reactions: lindgren

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad