Line Combos: 2018/19 Line Combinations

Love

Feb 29, 2012
This lineup is so gross. Honestly every signing we’ve made with this management regime makes us worse both in the present and the future. How is that even possible? Anyway here’s my line combos...

What I would do:

Baertschi-Horvat-Boeser
Eriksson-Gaudette-Pettersson
Leipsic-Sutter-Virtanen
Roussel-Schaller-Goldobin

MDZ-Tanev
Edler-Stecher
Hutton-Gudbranson

What I think will happen:

Baertschi-Horvat-Boeser
Eriksson-Sutter-Pettersson
Roussel-Beagle-Virtanen
Leipsic-Schaller-Gagner

Elder-Stecher
Hutton-Tanev
Hughes-Gudbranson

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006

Baertschi-Horvat-Boeser
Roussel-Beagle-Virtanen
Leipsic-Schaller-Gagner

Elder-Stecher
Hutton-Tanev
Hughes-Gudbranson

I think it's going to go like this:

Baertschi-Horvat-Boeser
Granlund-Sutter-Virtanen
Schaller-Beagle-Roussel
Gaunce

- Gagner to be traded for scraps.
- Goldobin moved when he can't reclaim his spot at camp.
* Gaudette will be sent to the minors if they get another C.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
I think it's going to go like this:

Baertschi-Horvat-Boeser
Granlund-Sutter-Virtanen
Schaller-Beagle-Roussel
Gaunce

- Gagner to be traded for scraps.
- Goldobin moved when he can't reclaim his spot at camp.
* Gaudette will be sent to the minors if they get another C.

I would be ok with this mostly because of the 2nd line. I like it, think it’s the best option for our top 6 atm. But I do think Leipsic will be in the lineup.

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
Goldobin Horvat Boeser
Baer Pettersson Eriksson
Rousell Sutter Virtanen
Schaller Beagle Gagner

Liepsic Granlund. With all the injuries Canucks don't need to waive one of these 2.

Dahlen and Gaudette AHL both will end up playing 50 to 70 games because of injuries

Motte waive/AHL
Gaunce waive/AHL
Boucher waive /AHL
Archibald waive/AHL

BROCK HUGHES

Jun 3, 2006
Victoria bc/red deer alberta
This lineup is so gross. Honestly every signing we’ve made with this management regime makes us worse both in the present and the future. How is that even possible? Anyway here’s my line combos...

What I would do:

Baertschi-Horvat-Boeser
Leipsic-Sutter-Virtanen
Roussel-Schaller-Goldobin

MDZ-Tanev
Edler-Stecher
Hutton-Gudbranson

Baertschi-Horvat-Boeser
Roussel-Beagle-Virtanen
Leipsic-Schaller-Gagner

Elder-Stecher
Hutton-Tanev
Hughes-Gudbranson
Everytime i look at this line up,i wish i could just pull some off it.
Ericsson ,Sutter,Gagner,Leipsic,Tanev Gudbranson,Grandlund And Baertschi,,,all gotta go.Ericsson better light it up this year.
No more excuses with this guy,,,

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
Goldobin Horvat Boeser
Baer Pettersson Eriksson
Rousell Sutter Virtanen
Schaller Beagle Gagner

Liepsic Granlund. With all the injuries Canucks don't need to waive one of these 2.

Dahlen and Gaudette AHL both will end up playing 50 to 70 games because of injuries

Motte waive/AHL
Gaunce waive/AHL
Boucher waive /AHL
Archibald waive/AHL

How do you figure that happens before a game even gets played? We need to make decisions before the games start.

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
The Beagle signing essentially guarantees that he'll play 82 games unless he gets hurt, which means that Gaudette is likely to get the Stecher treatment and start in the AHL even if he earns a spot by playing well in training camp. Shame.

LeftCoast

Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver
The biggest line up issue right now is Loui Eriksson.

Contract aside, depth (Beagle) down the middle won't hurt us and Gaudette could probably use some time in the AHL. Toughness and speed (Roussel) on the wing is also useful. But Eriksson just occupies a top 6 roster spot and really bring nothing to the table. He's good defensively, but not Selke good. He has size but plays small. He can PK, but so can every bottom 6 forward in the NHL. He used to be a good net front presence but no longer has the quick hands and can't score from intermediate distances. These are the qualities of a 3rd or 4th line winger who fights to get into the line up on some nights.

The worst thing about Eriksson however is that his middling presence on the roster almost assures that we lose Goldobin to either a typically bad Benning trade or to waivers.

Roussel is not the real threat to Goldobin, they play such different roles. I also don't see where there is room for both Leipsic and Goldobin on the LW side. Both play a similar game and both are waiver eligible. Goldobin is 2 years younger and has better NHL numbers. Leipsic however is a better 2-way player and that will likely win him the roster spot. Even in limited late season games, Green trusted Leipsic far more than Goldobin.

There is a similar situation with Gagner and Granlund. Gagner is 3 years older and has put up multiple 40+ point seasons. Granlund is better defensively and can play C or either wing but is on a 1 year "show me" contract where Gagner has 2 years remaining at $3M. Sure Gaudette is in the picture here too, and if he has an outstanding training camp he will put some pressure on the C position. But at this point, he can be assigned to Utica without waivers.

Then there is the defense. Short of a trade (which Benning will lose), there is virtually no chance that Hughes and Juolevi both make the team. Hutton and Del Zotto are both in the way and it will be hard to get a decent return in a trade after the seasons they had and with everyone knowing that at least one of them needs to be moved. At this point, it might just be best for Hughes to return to Michigan. This will provide some space for Juolevi to crack the line up and for Hutton, Del Zotto, Pouliot and Stecher to try to re-establish the pecking order.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Baertchi Horvat Boeser
Goldy Gaudette PBP
Lipesic Beagle Virtanen
Rousell Sutter Eriksson

Granny Schaller Clamato Archie

Gaunce traded for a 5th round pick
Gagner (30% retaned) traded for a 3rd

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
Baertchi Horvat Boeser
Goldy Gaudette PBP
Lipesic Beagle Virtanen
Rousell Sutter Eriksson

Granny Schaller Clamato Archie

Gaunce traded for a 5th round pick
Gagner (30% retaned) traded for a 3rd

Those things, historically, are never gonna happen and wishful thinking. Our glorious leader just said he'll have to waive these players, so why on earth would a GM give us anything for them?

Tobi Wan Kenobi

May 25, 2011
Vancouver
Goldobin Horvat Boeser
Baertschi Pettersson Leipsic
Eriksson Sutter Virtanen
Roussel Beagle Schaller

Edler Stecher
Hughes Tanev
MDZ Gubranson
Hutton
or

Leipsic Horvat Boeser
Baertschi Guadette Pettersson
Eriksson Sutter Virtanen
Roussel Beagle Schaller

Edler Stecher
Hughes Tanev
MDZ Gudbranson
Hutton

Reactions: Lackhalak

BROCK HUGHES

Jun 3, 2006
Victoria bc/red deer alberta
The biggest line up issue right now is Loui Eriksson.

Contract aside, depth (Beagle) down the middle won't hurt us and Gaudette could probably use some time in the AHL. Toughness and speed (Roussel) on the wing is also useful. But Eriksson just occupies a top 6 roster spot and really bring nothing to the table. He's good defensively, but not Selke good. He has size but plays small. He can PK, but so can every bottom 6 forward in the NHL. He used to be a good net front presence but no longer has the quick hands and can't score from intermediate distances. These are the qualities of a 3rd or 4th line winger who fights to get into the line up on some nights.

The worst thing about Eriksson however is that his middling presence on the roster almost assures that we lose Goldobin to either a typically bad Benning trade or to waivers.

Roussel is not the real threat to Goldobin, they play such different roles. I also don't see where there is room for both Leipsic and Goldobin on the LW side. Both play a similar game and both are waiver eligible. Goldobin is 2 years younger and has better NHL numbers. Leipsic however is a better 2-way player and that will likely win him the roster spot. Even in limited late season games, Green trusted Leipsic far more than Goldobin.

There is a similar situation with Gagner and Granlund. Gagner is 3 years older and has put up multiple 40+ point seasons. Granlund is better defensively and can play C or either wing but is on a 1 year "show me" contract where Gagner has 2 years remaining at $3M. Sure Gaudette is in the picture here too, and if he has an outstanding training camp he will put some pressure on the C position. But at this point, he can be assigned to Utica without waivers.

Then there is the defense. Short of a trade (which Benning will lose), there is virtually no chance that Hughes and Juolevi both make the team. Hutton and Del Zotto are both in the way and it will be hard to get a decent return in a trade after the seasons they had and with everyone knowing that at least one of them needs to be moved. At this point, it might just be best for Hughes to return to Michigan. This will provide some space for Juolevi to crack the line up and for Hutton, Del Zotto, Pouliot and Stecher to try to re-establish the pecking order.
My take on Eriksson is.I would not mind him being on this team if he looked like he gave a s--t.But watching him closely last year he looked dis interested and was lack luster.For a guy who is being paid over 6 mill a year...get your crap together or lift your ntc and p-ss off.Im sure Tort,s would have had fun coaching him.

Gaudette should be in the line up. But another anchor is taking a spot in Sutter.But im sure witj Sutters injury history Gaudette will get in there sooner then later.

Quinn Hughes best bet should be going back to Michigan.And pray...pray that we win the lotto and him and Jack..crack next years roster.

But overall this team on paper looks like a mess with no direction still.
Jim should have his walking papers hopfully by the end of the year...pray....

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Trade Virtanen and Juolevi to Senators. Add a firstrounder to the table and cough up 11 million dollars of some kind per year for forever and voila, ERIK KARLSSON enters the scene! Also swap Gudbranson for Ryan.

Eriksson Horvat Boeser
Roussel Gagner Ryan
Baertschi Sutter Pettersson
Gaunce Beagle Granlund
Schaller

Edler Karlsson
Del Zotto/Hughes Tanev
Hutton Stecher
Pouliot

Markström
Nilsson

Last edited:

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017

giphy.gif

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Dont mind that line to start with tbh. Two defensively responsible centers. Pettersson will get decent looks with them, but make his money on the PP.

Mofletz

Aug 28, 2006
I love how our defence has improved from last year. Just look at the 8 dman that are coming into camp.

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
I really don't think Sutter is going to be the second line center. Yes Benning did say Sutter will have more offensive opportunities. Sutter had 75% defensive zone starts last year. If he gets 60% defensive zone starts this year. That is still more offensive zone opportunities. Sutter was effective in his role last year. I don't think see Canucks changing role completely.

I really think Pettersson will start in the middle.

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
Exactly what I expected. Smh.
looking forward to all the people on the main board shitting on Pettersson (for not lighting it up) without knowing the full context of being anchored to Sutter for long periods of the year. The failure to get a half decent playmaking center will rear it's ugly head when you have young forwards stapled to offensive black holes at even strength. If Sutter tells anyone to grow some balls I hope they tell him to stop dumping pucks in during a 3 on 2.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
I really don't think Sutter is going to be the second line center. Yes Benning did say Sutter will have more offensive opportunities. Sutter had 75% defensive zone starts last year. If he gets 60% defensive zone starts this year. That is still more offensive zone opportunities. Sutter was effective in his role last year. I don't think see Canucks changing role completely.

I really think Pettersson will start in the middle.
Yes so do I.
What the f*** does a guy from Dobbersports have to do with what Travis Green wants to do?

Leipsic Horvat Boeser
Baertschi Pettersson Eriksson
Roussel Sutter Virtanen
Schaller Beagle Gagner
Granlund

Edler Stecher
Del Zotto Tanev
Pouliot Gudbranson
Hutton Biega

Markstrom
Nilsson

Gaunce waived or traded