2018-19 Laval Rocket & ECHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Hell yea! Evans with another one to make it 4-1.

Laval started the third really well. And they get rewarded by it. I don't know what Cleveland's defense was thinking as they almost got out of Evans' way and gave him a clear one-on-one shot on goal.

Oh baby! Vejdemo makes it 5-1. Intercepts the puck and got in there alone with the goalie.

Man is Evans having himself a game. He just set up Belzile twice with cross-ice passes to Belzile.

Should be a nail biter in the 3rd

Turns out, it hasn't been in the slightest. Laval owning the third. They got Cleveland out of the game really early in the third.

Last edited by a moderator:

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
Happy to see Evans doing well, specially the way he started his pro career with a concussion

Alain with his second goal, what is your evaluation on his play lately Adam....and thanks for the description of the game

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Shots are 10-1 Laval.

Going into the 3rd up 3-1 and you continue to pour it on. That's a sign of a good coach.

Evans is just getting more and more confident

Jul 6, 2016
Good for Bouchard and the Rocket. Finally two wins in a row. They were outshot but they won. Lindgren with a good one.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Drm5IRIWoAAOaGj.jpg

As I said in a few posts, it's not that Laval played bad, but Cleveland was just better in the first two periods. But in the third, Laval took over the game and two quick goals early in the period completely deflated the Monsters.

A lot of players played well. Lindgren was sharp, particularly in the second period. But overall, he wasn't exactly challenged. Laval didn't allow too many high danger chances. A lot of Cleveland's shots came from the outside.

Scherbak had one goal, but he could've had another two assists as he set up some sure goals that weren't converted. Evans has just been getting better and better. Fleury with another solid game, though he didn't stand out. Vejdemo with a goal and an assist. He and Evans are just two very smart players and although some can argue in Vejdemo's case they could have selected someone else. The Habs did select a good one in him.

Evans is now riding a 6-game point streak. He now has 9 pts (5G, 4A) in 14 GP. But really, he has 7 pts (4G, 3A) in his last 6 games because he only had 2 pts in his first 8.

Alain, after missing out on a lot of good chances at the start of the season has two goals in two straight games.

Vejdemo continues his strong play and gets rewarded with a goal and an assist.

Both Lamarche and Belzile with assists. Both have been better than I expected them to be. Moravcik also had a solid game, going +4. Lamarche was also +4.

Despite missing a few games to back injury, McCarron was solid. Audette played well, as well.

Tonight, the prospects really stepped up. All goals were scored by someone 22 years old or younger. Three of them were Habs draft picks and the other was a free agent signing. But all of them scored by prospects.

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
Good work by the boys. 3 straight wins and they are back in competition. Hopefully they can get a couple of more wins while Sherbak is still there, and that he gets a few point rich games in.

Last edited:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Happy to see Evans doing well, specially the way he started his pro career with a concussion

Alain with his second goal, what is your evaluation on his play lately Adam....and thanks for the description of the game

He's slowly getting used to the pro game. I'm not worried he will slowly start to roll. There are times you don't notice him much and others you do. He is a hard worker and I'm sure whether he ends up in a scoring role or a depth role, he will find his niche and succeed in it. But he is going through what most kids that jump to pro from junior go through, and that's adjusting.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
loving Evans..those in the know can you describe potential ceiling? he seems to be developing quickly. will he be better than peca? can he become another danault?

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
He's slowly getting used to the pro game. I'm not worried he will slowly start to roll. There are times you don't notice him much and others you do. He is a hard worker and I'm sure whether he ends up in a scoring role or a depth role, he will find his niche and succeed in it. But he is going through what most kids that jump to pro from junior go through, and that's adjusting.

Thanks, i liked what i saw from him in the rookies tournement, not that he dominate or anything like that..... but tought at times he showed skills and poise with the puck, anyway he's more of a long term project

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Imagine the players on the bench, with that non-stop megaphone hovering right over them ...

Reactions: canadiensnation

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

he's starting to pick it up, but before that despite getting quality ice time he wasn't noticeable at all. Now he's been dropped down it seems to be better for him. Needs to get quicker.

Good for Bouchard and the Rocket. Finally two wins in a row. They were outshot but they won. Lindgren with a good one.

The goaltending has been the strength of the team, I know some have complained but it really hasn't been bad. Laval has the 2nd best PK in the league and I believe they are 3rd overall in GA and that's with 4 rookies on the blueline (although only 3 usually play per game)

If they can just get their terrible PP going and score a few more like tonight then they will be a playoff team. Tonight was one of the first times that the opposing goalie didn't look like Roy in net, as most games it's like Laval is facing the best goalie in the league and tonight the goalie they faced just didn't look good. I assume that it has to do with the limited puck movers on defense, all new players, new coaches, etc.. and that they will start scoring more and stop making the opposing goalies look so good.

loving Evans..those in the know can you describe potential ceiling? he seems to be developing quickly. will he be better than peca? can he become another danault?

strong on draws, good defensively, works hard, is smart, good playmaker with a decent shot. Needs to get quicker, stronger, but I think he'll see NHL games for sure. I see him as more of a bottom line center but when you look at the Habs, if he's ever going to make that team he's going to need to get a good bit faster to fit in. But now that he's on the top line things are really starting to click for him, he's got 7 pts in the last 6 games. If you had told me at the start of the season that 5 weeks or so into the season he would be leading the team in goals I wouldn't have believed it, although I like his shot just that it's surprising to see. But also shows how bad it's been for goals for Laval when 14 games in your top goal scorer has 5 and two have 4.

Reactions: Tyson

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Imagine the players on the bench, with that non-stop megaphone hovering right over them ...

I saw these previews in the intermissions of the Habs/Sabres games. Was that just a small episode of 25 ans d'émotions that they produced just for the intermissions or was it a preview of a full episode to be aired in its entirety at another time?

I just love Bouchard. My favorite part: "Attaway Alain! Make him miserable. Attaway! Look at this, look at this." and "You having fun now? I'm sure having fun coaching right now..."

I noticed that this was taken from the Cleveland Monsters and they didn't post highlights from the entire game. They showed it until it was 3-0 for Laval. They didn't even show their goal in the end of the second and didn't show any of the third period or the real final score.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Real happy to see Evans getting more and more comfortable with the pro game. I saw him play so many times with ND that I can be a little biased in his favor but still, I never doubted he'd make it in some capacity. Smarts are the ultimate equalizer in this sport ( even more so than speed) and hockey IQ is one of his best attribute. You rarely if ever see him make a completely, 100% dumb play .

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
ECH REPORT

Atlanta Gladiators (1 - 4) Norfolk Admirals

- T.J. Melancon with 1 assist / -1 / 9 SOG

Season So Far: 5 pts (3G, 2A) in 11 GP

Maine Mariners (3 - 2 (OT)) Worcester Railers

- Hayden Verbeek with 0 pts / -1 / 1 SOG
- Morgan Adams-Moisan with 0 pts / 1 SOG
- Ryan Culkin with 2 assists / 4 SOG

Season So Far:
- Verbeek: 3 pts (0G, 3A) in 3 GP
- Adams-Moisan: 0 pts in 9 GP
- Culkin: 7 pts (1G, 6A) in 10 GP

Fort Wayne Komets (2 - 4) Rapid City Rush

- Phélix Martineau with 0 pts / -1 / 2 SOG / 2 PIM (Cross-Checking)

Season So Far: 9 pts (4G, 5A) in 7 GP

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
That's 29 goals over 82 games. That's not anywhere near ''bad''.

Evans is tied for 38th overall in the AHL in goals and Laval has played more games then many teams, some have only played 11 or 12 games. Last year we had Terry who was 2nd in the league, 1 behind the league leader and we still were the worst team in the league. For all the chances Laval creates this season, they need to start to bury more of them, almost every game this season they dominate the other team and yet until the past few they just couldn't score much at all. With Agostino, Froese, Chaput, Shinkaruk, Grenier, Belzile, that should be enough talent to have 2 top 20 goal scorers I would think. I do think at some point they will start to put more pucks in the net as they have scored 9 in the last 2 games after scoring more then 3 only 2 times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad