2018-19 Laval Rocket & ECHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
DrrhMraXcAEhMIj.jpg

Waked comes in since Scherbak is out. Also, Sproul in and Moravcik out.

Last edited:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Cleveland opens the scoring a few minutes in.

And Alain ties it rather quickly. Kid's 3rd goal in 3 games.

Assists to McCarron and Kulak.

Laval headed to the PP.

Last edited by a moderator:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
This is probably the most boring period so far in Rocket's season. And I don't mean Laval being boring only. Both teams are just bleh in the second.

Good job Grenier to come in the defense of rookie Vejdemo who was hit late after he made his pass.

Cleveland makes it 2-1 with less than 2 minutes left in the second period.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Jevpalovs will not return. In the second, he and a Cleveland player accidentally went knee-to-knee while both were looking the other direction. He never played a shift since and it is now official he's not returning.

Froese ties it 2-2 from an impossible angle. From the corner of the ice, he sends the puck towards the net and Berube was leaning against his post, but the little opening in his shoulder is exactly where the puck went and into the net.

Vejdemo and Lamarche with the assists.

And right after the face-off, Alain get called for hooking and Cleveland reclaims the lead on the PP.

Laval came to play in the third. They've been all over Cleveland.

Laval headed on the PP because Berube played the puck out of the trapezoid.

Make it count, boys!

Well, they didn't make it count.

Reactions: Fixxer

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Hopefully it buys him another conditioning stint. He has been sick and injured, so it isn’t a stretch to suggest he needs more.

They can't prolong it under any circumstance. His stint ends on Tuesday and tonight would've been his last game with Laval before he returns to Montreal. Habs can place him on IR once he's called up so they won't have to be forced to make any decisions. Although once Scherbak is back, Agostino will head back to Laval.

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
They can't prolong it under any circumstance. His stint ends on Tuesday and tonight would've been his last game with Laval before he returns to Montreal. Habs can place him on IR once he's called up so they won't have to be forced to make any decisions. Although once Scherbak is back, Agostino will head back to Laval.

I thought they could do multiple conditioning stints as long as it isn’t viewed as circumventing the waiver.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I thought they could do multiple conditioning stints as long as it isn’t viewed as circumventing the waiver.

I guess it could be possible. But surely if the league sees a team send the same player on separate conditioning stints, they will investigate. It doesn't mean it wouldn't be legitimate.

Reactions: Bacchus1

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
That first goal Lindgren let in was soft, he needs to stop that one but other then that he was good again. Really need some vets to pick it up though,

Shinkaruk - 1 pt last 13 games
Chaput - 3 pts last 10 games
Froese - 4 pts last 10 games
McCarron - 1 pt in last 7 games
Grenier - 2 pts in last 8 games
Audette - 2 pts in 12 games

The blueliners have combined for 5 goals (Kulak 3, Fleury/Sklenicka 1)

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
ECHL REPORT

Worcester Railers (1 - 3) Maine Mariners

- Hayden Verbeek with 0 pts / +1 / 2 SOG
- Morgan Adams-Moisan with 1 assist / +1 / 3 SOG
- Ryan Culkin with 1 goal / +2 / 5 SOG

Season So Far:
- Verbeek: 3 pts (0G, 3A) in 4 GP
- Adams-Moisan: 1 pt (0G, 1A) in 10 GP
- Culkin: 8 pts (2G, 4A) in 11 GP

Atlanta Gladiators (5 - 3) Norfolk Amirals

- T.J. Melancon with 0 pts / -2 / 3 SOG

Season So Far: 5 pts (3G, 2A) in 12 GP

Brampton Beast (4 - 2) Kalamazoo Wings

- Étienne Marcoux with the W / 2 GA / .944 SV%

Season So Far: 5 GP (3W, 2L) with 2.42 GAA & .928 SV%

Fort Wayne Komets (6 - 2) Rapid City Rush

- Phélix Martineau with 0 pts / 4 SOG / 2 PIM (Roughing)

Season So Far: 9 pts (4G, 5A) in 8 GP

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Wanted to see more of Verbeek, so hope he plays Tuesday.

I liked Verbeek in the one game he played at the Rookie Showdown. And I liked him in the one game he played for Laval this season.

Waked was okay on Saturday in Cleveland, but he should be the one heading back to Maine.

I liked Pezzetta because he brought some energy in the games he played. So I would rather see him stick around over Waked. But sending him to the ECHL also wouldn't hurt in my opinion.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
ECHL REPORT

Norfolk Admirals (2 - 3) Jacksonville IceMen

- T.J. Melancon with 1 goal / 3 SOG

Season So Far: 6 pts (4G, 2A) in 13 GP

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Question: in January our group is making the trip up to do a Laval-Habs doubleheader on the first Saturday. What's the best way to get tickets? Day of game box office or TicketBastard? Is it like Hershey where there are people with spares selling them for face or is it like Bridgeport where if you show up and stand outside somebody will end up handing you one? Trying to save money here because look who the Habs are playing that night. Yup, those tickets are going to be a fortune.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad