2018-19 Laval Rocket & ECHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
can't believe they actually scored a PP goal, 1 for 7 on the night including a long 5 on 3. They have to figure out how to get this PP going. If you are under 10% on the PP that is going to put so much pressure on the forwards 5 on 5 and the goalies since they go long periods without seeing a shot and know that just 1 goal could cost them the game when your team is scoring just over 2 per game.

I thought Moracvcik had his best game so far, I thought Lernout got the message as he had some nasty going today. Evans continues to play well and he's getting rewarded for it. I thought Fleury showed some good but not his best game. Tough night for Chaput, Audette, Alain (he must have not played much at all as I barely remember seeing him). McNiven has looked so much better then last year, where he would be looking good but then in the 3rd he'd give up 1 or 2 quick ones and all the sudden he's in trouble and let the game get away from him. So far so good, if he keeps this up, Bouchard is going to have to make some tough calls there. It's only been 3 1/2 games but his gaa is under 2 now.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
can't believe they actually scored a PP goal, 1 for 7 on the night including a long 5 on 3. They have to figure out how to get this PP going. If you are under 10% on the PP that is going to put so much pressure on the forwards 5 on 5 and the goalies since they go long periods without seeing a shot and know that just 1 goal could cost them the game when your team is scoring just over 2 per game.

I thought Moracvcik had his best game so far, I thought Lernout got the message as he had some nasty going today. Evans continues to play well and he's getting rewarded for it. I thought Fleury showed some good but not his best game. Tough night for Chaput, Audette, Alain (he must have not played much at all as I barely remember seeing him). McNiven has looked so much better then last year, where he would be looking good but then in the 3rd he'd give up 1 or 2 quick ones and all the sudden he's in trouble and let the game get away from him. So far so good, if he keeps this up, Bouchard is going to have to make some tough calls there. It's only been 3 1/2 games but his gaa is under 2 now.

Yea, Moravcik was solid. Like you say, Lernout had a nasty streak going for him today. But the key is he didn't get carried away with it. He stayed within the system. McNiven was a difference maker today. He made some key saves that kept Laval in it. And he didn't give up any bad rebounds. He either wisely deflected it to the corners or he just smothered the puck.

I liked Pezzetta's game, too. He got in some trouble discipline wise, but I thought he had a more positive effect than a negative one. I hope he figures it out because he brings a lot of energy. He gave Utica some fits at certain times.

I didn't know Belzile at all when Laval signed him. But he's been real good so far for this team.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Yea, Moravcik was solid. Like you say, Lernout had a nasty streak going for him today. But the key is he didn't get carried away with it. He stayed within the system. McNiven was a difference maker today. He made some key saves that kept Laval in it. And he didn't give up any bad rebounds. He either wisely deflected it to the corners or he just smothered the puck.

I liked Pezzetta's game, too. He got in some trouble discipline wise, but I thought he had a more positive effect than a negative one. I hope he figures it out because he brings a lot of energy. He gave Utica some fits at certain times.

I didn't know Belzile at all when Laval signed him. But he's been real good so far for this team.

I thought the calls on Pezzetta were a little weak but that said he's got to be careful to keep his head since it's gotten him into trouble in the past. I actually was surprised they called up Waked, he wasn't very noticeable at all, I wonder if Martineau continues to put up points if they will give him a look. 5 pts in the last 2 games and they need more offensive guys as they don't really need to have both Pezzetta and Waked in the lineup at the same time when you can't get more then 2.27 goals per game.

Belzile I and a few others wanted him re-signed when he was in Hamilton on an AHL deal, but I'm glad they brought him in for some depth as he had a good year by his stats. So far he's been one of our best players just needs to bury a few more like most guys on this team.

Will be interesting to see who Bouchard goes with on Wed, does he go back to the vet in Lindgren who didn't play bad at all Friday or does he stick with McNiven who's been really sharp despite his terrible save %.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
ECHL Report

Fort Wayne won 6-3 against Kalamazoo.

- Phélix Martineau with 1 goal and 1 assist, was +3, had 5 SOG, and 2 PIM (Tripping). He was named 2nd Star (second game in a row he's named a star of the game)

He now has 7 points (2G, 5A) in 5 games. But in reality, his 7 points all came in his last 3 games.

Brampton Beast beat Cincinnati Cyclones 6-1.

Étienne Marcoux with the win. He has 2 wins and 1 loss in 3 games played. Tonight, he had a .971 SV% and was named the game's 1st Star.

DrIG91MWwAEIXNE.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2009
éal
What is the deal with Daniel Audette? No point in 9 games so far. I know the team havent had collective success but we'd expect him to at least have a goal by now. He's on his last year of his contract, if he doesnt show more look like it will be the end of him within the organization.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
What is the deal with Daniel Audette? No point in 9 games so far. I know the team havent had collective success but we'd expect him to at least have a goal by now. He's on his last year of his contract, if he doesnt show more look like it will be the end of him within the organization.

He's looked bad, but I was never a big fan. Highly doubt he's back next year, too many incoming players. He's already been a healthy scratch a couple times.

Reactions: De Montreal

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

He's been mostly invisible since camp. He pretty much lost his spot and has been pushed down the depth chart. He had one decent game where you got a glimpse of what he can offer. But he's gone back to being a non-factor every time he's on the ice. He's either 3rd or 4th line or scratched.

He's still got time to step his game up. But right now (and since camp), other players offer more.

Reactions: De Montreal

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
ECHL Report (04/11/2018)

Cincinnati Cyclones (6 - 3) Brampton Beast

-
Étienne Marcoux got the start, but let in 4 goals in 18 shots and got pulled. He had a .778 SV%.

Season so far: 4GP (2W - 2L) / 2.54 GAA / .922 SV%

Note: Former Hab Prospect Brady Vail plays for Cincinnati and was named the game's 1st Star.

Norfolk Admirals (1 - 5) Atlanta Gladiators

-
T.J. Melancon with no points / -4 / 1 SOG / 4 PIM (Delay of Game & Hish Stick)

Note: Almost Hab Olivier Galipeau plays for Atlanta (ECHL Affiliate of Boston & Providence) and was named the game's 2nd Star.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I don't live in Montreal anymore but I sometimes visit.

What's the cost of tickets to watch the Rocket live?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Evans is the most intriguing prospect along with Fleury currently skating in Laval

I agree. And although he's not putting up the points, I really like Vejdemo, too. And these three are the prospects I was most interested in.

Slowly, slowly, we'll start seeing these recently drafted prospects (those we have higher hopes for) start making their way to Laval and I feel like they will have more prospects on the team and will rely a little less on filling out the spots by vets or career AHL'ers (just an opinion, of course).

But just thinking that Brook will be eligible to turn pro. Bergevin made it clear he wants to sign Poehling as soon as his NCAA season is over, so he may get his start in Laval instead. Who knows if Suzuki will crack the Habs roster out of camp, but he will be eligible to turn pro next year so imagine him starting in Laval. Teasdale will also be eligible for Laval.

Not to mention having Bouchard teaching these kids and the next few seasons are looking promising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad