2018-19 Laval Rocket & ECHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I agree. And although he's not putting up the points, I really like Vejdemo, too. And these three are the prospects I was most interested in.

Slowly, slowly, we'll start seeing these recently drafted prospects (those we have higher hopes for) start making their way to Laval and I feel like they will have more prospects on the team and will rely a little less on filling out the spots by vets or career AHL'ers (just an opinion, of course).

But just thinking that Brook will be eligible to turn pro. Bergevin made it clear he wants to sign Poehling as soon as his NCAA season is over, so he may get his start in Laval instead. Who knows if Suzuki will crack the Habs roster out of camp, but he will be eligible to turn pro next year so imagine him starting in Laval. Teasdale will also be eligible for Laval.

Not to mention having Bouchard teaching these kids and the next few seasons are looking promising.
The prospect pool is becoming promising

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
ECHL REPORT

Norfolk Admirals (3 - 2) Greenville Swamp Rabbits

- T.J. Melancon with no points/ -1 / 1 SOG

He has 4 pts (3G, 1A) in 10GP.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
With armia injured, Byron and Plekanec still out, I expect Scherbak to be called up after the rockets game

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
DrcCKxXXQAEefZo.jpg

Fleury again on the top pair with Kulak. And this is the first game Audette will get to play at center.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Laval on their heels in the first few minutes. Utica with a lot of pressure and puck possession.

The first several minutes, Utica was pretty much all over Laval. The last few minutes, Laval's picked their game up a bit.

Scherbak off to a good start. His line with Vejdemo and Jevpalovs had some good looks.

Vejdemo with a beauty pass to Sklenicka who had a clean shot, but Kulbalkov picking up where he left off in the previous two games against Laval, making a real good save.

Laval headed to the PP. Laval has slowly been taking over the game now.

Oh man what did Chaput just missed. Evans sets him up perfectly but Chaput was hindered by the defenseman.

Laval looking good on the PP. They need to get this part of their game set up.

And Chaput gets a really dumb penalty after the whistle and he eliminates the PP and it is now 4-on-4.

Froese with a really dangerous hit from behind near the boards. This one is an ugly play by the captain.

Froese gets a 5-minute major for boarding. And with Chaput already in the box, Utica will have a short 5-on-3.

Another bad penalty by Laval. Grenier with a high stick. And they give Utica another 5-on-3.

And Utica makes it count. 1-0 for the Comets.

2-0 Utica n the PP that Froese is still serving. And because it's a 5-minute major, Utica is still on the PP.

And because Laval was on the PK for nearly 8 minutes (with twice on a 5-on-3), guys like Scherbak went all that time without any shifts.

And then the refs blatantly missed a call as Scherbak was practically clotheslined. But Laval puts some pressure and then earn a PP after the melee just as the period ends. Laval will start the second with the man advantage.

Last edited by a moderator:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Meanwhile in the ECHL, Verbeek with his 2nd point in his 2nd game. He had an assist on a shorthanded goal. Maine is up 2-1 after the first period.

He's #17

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
DrcOhskX0AENqKa.jpg

Very costly penalties by three veterans (Chaput, Froese, and Grenier). Particularly Froese, whose penalty allowed Utica to take a 2-0 lead.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
not sure what Froese was thinking there, I'm sure Bouchard won't be too happy with his vets. Can't fault McNiven on that 2nd 5 on 3, though would have liked to see him get that 2nd one.

Just wish he would put Scherbak with Froese.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Audette ties the game. Beautiful play by Laval. Assisted by Grenier and Froese.

Grenier with a goal and an assist and Froese with two assists. After they cost Laval in the first, they help lead the comeback.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Bouchard not messing around, he pulled Lindgren when he was playing well, now pulls McNiven who hasn't been bad although that was a big rebound he gave up on that 3rd goal.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
It shows this is the third game in a row between these two teams. A lot of skirmishes after the whistles. Now we will get some 4-on-4 hockey. Grenier and one Utica player in the box.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Lindgren coming out ?

McNiven was pulled. Lindgren came on. I'm surprised by this move. But it looks like Bouchard doesn't want these goalies staying in there for too long when he feels they let in a few goals he thought they should've had. He's probably also trying to shake the team up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->