2018-19 Laval Rocket & ECHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
that should have been goalie interference, he was bumped into by the Laval player but he didn't make an effort to get out of the way imo. Shocked they didn't even review it.

not impressed with Scherbak, he's been a good bit better but still not good enough. Fleury hasn't been that noticeable either.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Unutrite. We started to be tough on Lefebvre at year 4. Some of you guys are starting to be tough on Bouchard at game 10. Yeah....same freakin thing.

To be fair, Lefebvre sucked form day one. We started getting tough on him when no one could understand why he was retained year after year.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I don't know if Pezzetta will get penalized for that attempt to get the puck away from Kulbalov.

Edit: and yes he is. Goaltender Interference.

Jevpalovs makes it 1-1 shorthanded. They're so good on the PK. I believe it's their 4th shorthanded goal of the year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Laval is buzzin'. Good forecheck by Evans leads to keeping the puck in Utica's zone. And then he goes to the front of the net and nicely deflects Moravcik's shot. But Kulbalov with a good save.

Scherbak not on the bench for the 2nd period.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I was hard on Lefebvre even in the first year as I hated how he would play Robert Mayer over Tok when Mayer sucked and Tok was one of their best players. I have no problem being hard on Bouchard, just don't agree yet since it's only 11 games in, they have looked like the best team in at least 9 of those games. If their PP wasn't total shit and they scored a few here and there we would be one of the top teams in the AHL. All that and you have a brand new coaching staff with almost all new players who are either getting used to playing with each other or getting used to a new league. If this team continues to struggle to score then we can talk about the coaching imo.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
McNiven having a real solid game.

Fleury really doesn't play like a rookie. Very nice poise just outside of Utica's blue line. He has some pressure, but instead of just dumping it back in the zone, he handles the puck just enough to make the Utica players back off, and Fleury then just passes the puck to his teammate who was coming into the zone with momentum. Excellent puck possession.

Reactions: Fenris

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Very solid 2nd period by Laval. They've been the better team and finally was able to get rewarded with a goal. McNiven playing a great game, too. The goal against was really not his fault as he had a Utica player bump into him. I'm surprised the refs didn't bother at least reviewing it.

Two players that stood out again were Evans and Fleury. Kulak doing well, Belzile, as well.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
The broadcast team is trying to find out why Scherbak isn't playing. He didn't play in the second and wasn't even on the bench.

They did mention that during warm ups, he went back into the dressing room. So it may be an injury.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
DrGxHMFX4AIO4SZ.jpg

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
The broadcast team is trying to find out why Scherbak isn't playing. He didn't play in the second and wasn't even on the bench.

They did mention that during warm ups, he went back into the dressing room. So it may be an injury.

he might be sick, if he had to go to the lockeroom he may have a bug but wanted to play through it after getting called on his effort last night.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Damn, nice save by Kulbalov on Froese's somewhat breakaway. Great sacrifice by Pezzetta to block the Utica shot that went to Froese for that chance.

cactusjack

Apr 3, 2015
I don't know if Pezzetta will get penalized for that attempt to get the puck away from Kulbalov.

Edit: and yes he is. Goaltender Interference.

Jevpalovs makes it 1-1 shorthanded. They're so good on the PK. I believe it's their 4th shorthanded goal of the year.

Never heard of thast guy. Where is he coming from? Playing 4th line?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Laval really getting in Kulbalov's face.

Never heard of thast guy. Where is he coming from? Playing 4th line?

Jevpalovs used to play for Bouchard in Blainville. Last year he played in the KHL. And he played two seasons for San Jose Barracudas (Sharks' AHL team).

Some 4-on-4 hockey.

What a save by McNiven. The kid is sharp today.

Great backcheck by Agostino there to do just enough to ruin the Utica breakaway. And Utica's player falls and kind runs into the post.

I'm liking Pezzetta's game today. Very involved. He draws a penalty.

Perfect timing for a goal. Utica off for delay of game. 5-on-3 coming up for 1:50.

Reactions: cactusjack

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
No goals. Laval had some good looks. But damn these wasted PPs are killing them.

Evans headed to the box for boarding. Not a good penalty and really bad timing. 5 minutes left in the game.

Another badly timed penalty by Jevpalovs.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Nice! Utica gets called for too many men on the ice. 30 seconds left in the game. Some 4-on-4 for 4 seconds. If it ends in a tie, Laval go in OT on the PP.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
An absolute beauty for Laval to win it. Tic-tac-toe for Evans to score the goal.

Agostino to Belzile who one-touch passes it to Evans who one-touch shoots it into the wide open net.

It sucks that Utica still got a point out of this game. But just winning and breaking the 6-game losing streak is a positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad