2018-19 Laval Rocket & ECHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Unless & until that guy actually spells it out, you can never be sure. That guy genuinely believes the AHL team should be stocked with high end talent. He has played the cake and eat it too game for years. If someone gets called up it's too soon; if someone spends a while, he isn't getting a fair chance; if a stiff is placed on waivers (twice in one season) it's Lefebvre's fault (even if he didn't really coach the guy) and bad asset management. That guy is the king of fan fiction, hindsight, wish fulfillment and confirmation bias. Oh, and he posts a lot.
I'd rather have a poster like him that actually offers insight on the players and games he watches then some guy who is just out to get him like some sort of vigilante...

No fan fiction

Nov 16, 2004
Because it was such a terrible idea for a player like Subban amirite?

Defenseman. Different situation. Poehling may require some time to get used to the schedule.

And, yes, if Subban had stayed any longer in the AHL than one yr and a playoff stint (in which he was on the ice for every goal in the game 7 meltdown, btw, and looked bad doing it) wouldn't that have been a disappointment? I mean he is the 2nd coming of Bobby Orr if Orr could walk on water.

No fan fiction

Nov 16, 2004
I'd rather have a poster like him that actually offers insight on the players and games he watches then some guy who is just out to get him like some sort of vigilante...

You're right. My life would be better if I had more info about Danny Kristo and Will Bitten in it.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Defenseman. Different situation. Poehling may require some time to get used to the schedule.

And, yes, if Subban had stayed any longer in the AHL than one yr and a playoff stint (in which he was on the ice for every goal in the game 7 meltdown, btw, and looked bad doing it) wouldn't that have been a disappointment? I mean he is the 2nd coming of Bobby Orr if Orr could walk on water.
Who here said that they expect those players (Suzuki, Poehling) to spend more than that in the minors? I agree that if those players are still in the AHL after one season without much yo-yoing going on, it'll be a disappointment.

No fan fiction

Nov 16, 2004
Who here said that they expect those players (Suzuki, Poehling) to spend more than that in the minors? I agree that if those players are still in the AHL after one season without much yo-yoing going on, it'll be a disappointment.

Ah, yes. This is where you and I agree.

However, that guy will always position himself so that if the player is called up and stays, it's a total disaster b/c the AHL team has no high end talent (witness his posts right now, where the arrival of Kotkaniemi has had a ripple effect on the prospect pool). He also likes to be the guy who moans when the likes of Chris Terry (who is very talented offensively but skates slower than Hudon) are not called up. You should have seen this board the year (the 1 yr) Jason Ward was any good.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
You're right. My life would be better if I had more info about Danny Kristo and Will Bitten in it.

With all due respect, why even come in this thread if you don't want info on such players? This thread and the Prospects thread are all about offering info and opinions on the Kristos and Bittens of the organization, not just the top prospects. This is also the ECHL thread, so you should be ready to read about Adams-Moisan and Culkin and the like, too.

You have every right not to care about them. But don't expect not to get info on every single prospect and player under any kind of contract with Montreal/Laval.

No fan fiction

Nov 16, 2004
With all due respect, why even come in this thread if you don't want info on such players? This thread and the Prospects thread are all about offering info and opinions on the Kristos and Bittens of the organization, not just the top prospects. This is also the ECHL thread, so you should be ready to read about Adams-Moisan and Culkin and the like, too.

You have every right not to care about them. But don't expect not to get info on every single prospect and player under any kind of contract with Montreal/Laval.

I'd love info. But I don't need the fan fiction about Will Bitten being a prospect we'll regret losing (we got a body for him, at least) ad nauseum. He's still Will Bitten. Do you know how TJ Melancon is doing in Norfolk? Neither do I b/c it just doesn't matter.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I'd love info. But I don't need the fan fiction about Will Bitten being a prospect we'll regret losing (we got a body for him, at least) ad nauseum. He's still Will Bitten. Do you know how TJ Melancon is doing in Norfolk? Neither do I b/c it just doesn't matter.

I do know because I post about the ECHL here. Even put up vids of his goals and some good plays. But that's me.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

The Armada GM said that Bouchard took part in Armada's trade deadline day today. He was on the phone with them all day since 7AM this morning. He still carries this organization in his heart.

I don't know where I heard this (maybe Bruno Gervais), who said that one time, he went to meet with Bouchard back when they were building the arena where the Armada play today. He said Bouchard was there with his hard hat taking measures where the steps are in the stands. It showed how much he put in to building that franchise and everything around them, even the building.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan

The Armada GM said that Bouchard took part in Armada's trade deadline day today. He was on the phone with them all day since 7AM this morning. He still carries this organization in his heart.

I don't know where I heard this (maybe Bruno Gervais), who said that one time, he went to meet with Bouchard back when they were building the arena where the Armada play today. He said Bouchard was there with his hard hat taking measures where the steps are in the stands. It showed how much he put in to building that franchise and everything around them, even the building.

Yeah, I do recall that in a piece by theathletic, same for the Laval locker room.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
they can join Laval on AHL deals as it won't impact the expansion draft.

That only applies to Poehling, right? Since Suzuki and Brook are on ELCs? Or they can bypass that by offering them an AHL deal to finish the season and start their ELC next season? Or it doesn't matter regardless since their contracts slid this year?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Utica beat Cleveland and Charlotte beat Toronto. Which is probably the results Laval desired.

AHL standings.png

Toronto losing to a non-divison rival is perfect. Although Marlies still have a game in hand, they remain only 3 points ahead of Laval.

Utica winning puts them 7 points ahead of Laval, but Laval have two games in hand, which could bring them 3 points behind them should Laval win those games.

What Utica winning also does is keep Cleveland only 3 points ahead of Laval. Even though the Monsters still have two games in hand, them losing is crucial at this point seeing as they are now sitting in 4th place.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
That only applies to Poehling, right? Since Suzuki and Brook are on ELCs? Or they can bypass that by offering them an AHL deal to finish the season and start their ELC next season? Or it doesn't matter regardless since their contracts slid this year?

as long as they don't play 10 NHL games they should be good.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
as long as they don't play 10 NHL games they should be good.

Lol there's an incentive to keep players in the AHL, that's ridiculous.

Anyway, given that, Bergevin should treat them as Gauthier treated Subban.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site

I hope we sign him for Laval next season. Not sure about Walcott, but Tyszka is a good prospect.

LAVAL ROCKET 2019-20

??-POEHLING-SUZUKI
??-EVANS-BELZILE (I would re-sign him)
TEASDALE-VEJDEMO-ALAIN
PEZZETA-VERBEEK-??

??-BROOK
TYSZKA-FLEURY
WALCOTT-LAMARCHE

MCNIVEN
??

ECHL: WAKED, KOBERSTEIN?

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I hope we sign him for Laval next season. Not sure about Walcott, but Tyszka is a good prospect.

LAVAL ROCKET 2019-20

??-POEHLING-SUZUKI
TEASDALE-VEJDEMO-ALAIN
PEZZETA-VERBEEK-??

??-BROOK
TYSZKA-FLEURY
WALCOTT-LAMARCHE

MCNIVEN
??

I'm sure Tyszka will be signed to an NHL contract before the June 1st deadline. They could opt to loan him back to the WHL as an overager since he missed so much time to injuries in the dub. As of now he's played in 183 games plus playoffs/Mem Cup. Out of the 4 years he could played in 288 but will end up missing over a full year. I would think they will wait and see how he looks at camp in the fall, if they feel he needs another year in the dub so be it. I'm usually against sending 20 year olds to the CHL and I think he will stick in Laval but if not it's an option.

I could see them signing Harvey since he did so well at camp, was surprised they didn't sign him but maybe they only wanted to offer an AHL contract and he held out of an NHL.

Sklenicka has been solid, I think he has a spot in Laval next year, Moravcik hasn't been as good but he's under contract but could be a good 7th/8th D for Laval.

Walford is a tougher one, not sure if they sign him, think it comes down to how many spots they expect to have on the 50.

They will need to find a Terry/Agostino type, I could see Chaput back in Laval next year perhaps.

Interested to see what with do with the defensemen Olofsson since he's out of the season and only played 1 full game, if they will bring him back assuming his shoulder is ok.

I don't think they will sign Koberstein.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

LAVAL ROCKET 2019-20

??-POEHLING-SUZUKI
TEASDALE-VEJDEMO-ALAIN
PEZZETA-VERBEEK-??

??-BROOK
TYSZKA-FLEURY
WALCOTT-LAMARCHE

MCNIVEN
??

FROESE (C) -POEHLING-SUZUKI
AHL VET -EVANS (A)-BELZILE (A)
TEASDALE-VEJDEMO-ALAIN
PEZZETA-VERBEEK- UDFA
MARTINEAU, WAKED

SCHLEMKO/ALZNER-BROOK
AHL VET -FLEURY
TYSZKA - LAMARCHE
WALFORD - LERNOUT

MCNIVEN
HARVEY/LACOUVEE/MARCOUX

I think we keep Froese for Captain, Lernout and at least one of Lacouvee/Marcoux. We replace Grenier with a better guy if possible or else maybe bring him back. Sign a Vet LD (I also expect at least 1 of Schlemko/Alzner to be down. If both then no need for AHL LD vet).

Reactions: Agalloch

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
FROESE (C) -POEHLING-SUZUKI
AHL VET -EVANS (A)-BELZILE (A)
TEASDALE-VEJDEMO-ALAIN
PEZZETA-VERBEEK- UDFA
MARTINEAU, WAKED

SCHLEMKO/ALZNER-BROOK
AHL VET -FLEURY
TYSZKA - LAMARCHE
WALFORD - LERNOUT

MCNIVEN
HARVEY/LACOUVEE/MARCOUX

I think we keep Froese for Captain, Lernout and at least one of Lacouvee/Marcoux. We replace Grenier with a better guy if possible or else maybe bring him back. Sign a Vet LD (I also expect at least 1 of Schlemko/Alzner to be down. If both then no need for AHL LD vet).

I don't see Lernout returning. Maybe Froese but he will seek a one way deal somewhere like Cracknell did.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
We seem to have many promising young RD. The left side is a huge area of need. Does Sklenička have a chance at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad