2018-19 Laval Rocket & ECHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Give this team a high talent go to offensive player and this team could do some damage. Such a well coached team, their defensive structure is impressive considering outside of Ouellet who has been a very nice pickup, and a few games of Alzner/Mete they don't have any big name players on the blueline. Fleury maybe as he's been impressive.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
huge win, too bad Utica won too though. LaCouvee has been a nice find, 3 games, 3 wins, looks good.

Since that drubbing they took against the Sens where the goaltending really let them down (Marcoux was terrible, McNiven wasn't much better) the have picked up points in every game but 2. 7-2-3 over that span so 17 out of 24 pts. But 21 out of 37 games they have score 2 or less goals, that's brutal.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
DwLmuHvX4AE0unB.jpg

Big win. I missed the third period as I had to step out of the house. But big statement by Laval, coming from behind and winning it. In fact, the commentators were mentioning the statistic that when Rochester is ahead in the first period, they had 9 wins and 1 loss, whereas when Laval trails after one, they won only twice. So it was nice for Laval to trump the stats.

Laval's improved recently, despite not having much high end talent. Their best players were recalled in Montreal when Agostino, Chaput, and Kulak went up and doing enough to stay up. Now they have their best player the last month, McCarron, out the last three games, Shinkarkuk may be having a disappointing season, but he still adds a little something that we see is missing with him out of the line-up. Juulsen being out also hurts them, even though the defensemen they have are doing a real good job.

As @montreal mentioned, this is a very well coached team. And also as he said, give them some more firepower and they can be a dangerous team. This team is night and day over the one from the last few years and that showed even when they were at the bottom of the standings.

It's real good to see Laval go toe-to-toe and even beat three of the top teams in the league three weekends in a row. Two weekends ago, they got 3 of a possible 4 points in a back-to-back against Syracuse. Last weekend, they picked up 3 out of a possible 4 points against Charlotte. And this weekend, they picked up 3 out of 4 points against Rochester.

They remain in 6th place no matter what with this win. If Toronto loses to Syracuse in regulation, Laval will be one point behind the Marlies (though TOR will have two games in hand). They're three points behind Cleveland, who have three games in hand. And remain five points behind Utica, who Laval has a game in hand on.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Nice quote from Bouchad on LaCouvee: he's a hockey rat. He's the guy you call to play ball hockey because you're short a guy and he shows up with a great attitude, he puts his equipment on, and plays the game.

Reactions: donghabs98

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Sign Lacouvée. Get rid of Marcoux. Either waive Niemi or trade Lindgren.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Sign Lacouvée. Get rid of Marcoux. Either waive Niemi or trade Lindgren.

Sign LaCouvee, yes. No need to do anything else for the moment. Having 2 NHL, 2 AHL, and 2 ECHL goalies is good depth. When Lindgren returns, either send McNiven or LaCouvee to the ECHL.

Eventually, for me, I would look to move Niemi, bring Lindgren up to back up Price, and have the AHL shared between McNiven and LaCouvee and still have Marcoux in the ECHL in case of injuries and such.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
They may have found something in LaCouvee, clearly we have someone that has a good eye for goalies outside of the Fucale pick. Vincent Riendeau likely had a hand in this as he did with Condon although I don't know who else as our NCAA scout Dave Starman perhaps was asked about him since he played on one of the top teams in the NCAA last year but in a weak conference.His coach last year is the Team USA coach at the WJC's. There's also Larry Carriere who scouts the ECHL.

Reactions: DAChampion

No fan fiction

Nov 16, 2004
Give this team a high talent go to offensive player and this team could do some damage. Such a well coached team, their defensive structure is impressive considering outside of Ouellet who has been a very nice pickup, and a few games of Alzner/Mete they don't have any big name players on the blueline. Fleury maybe as he's been impressive.

Don't you think a high end offensive talent would belong in Montreal? You know, the team that actually matters?

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Thought the Amerks pretty much dominated but couldn't take advantage. Laval hung in there and cashed in on enough of theirs, fair play to them. Killing the 2 5 on 3s was the turning point, particularly the way they pretty much shut down the Amerks PP. Liked the building a lot, up there with Hershey for best AHL rink IMO. Also I made a new friend:
20190105_140815.jpg

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
The Rocket definitely needs some more talent. Hopefully Suzuki, Poehling and Brook can join at the end of the year/ next year.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
For what it's worth, LA placed Scherbak on waivers today. Habs have dibs on him and if I'm not mistaken, they can claim him and send him to Laval.

habs73

Jul 29, 2006
For what it's worth, LA placed Scherbak on waivers today. Habs have dibs on him and if I'm not mistaken, they can claim him and send him to Laval.

Is this true, they wouldn't need to put him on their 23 man roster if they claim him? Would be good to get him for Laval if they can, maybe Bouchard can get him going..sorta feels like the Habs may have turned the page on him though

Sam I Am

Jul 23, 2003
Visit site
That would be hilarious after all the bad-mouthing of that Habs that Scherbak has been doing since joining the Kings.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
If no one else claimed him after us. If someone else did claim him he would have to go back on waivers to be sent down and would probably end up at the other team.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
If no one else claimed him after us. If someone else did claim him he would have to go back on waivers to be sent down and would probably end up at the other team.

You're right. If Habs are the ONLY team to put in a claim, he can be sent to Laval directly. Should at least one other team put in a claim, Habs would still have priority, but would have to keep him in the NHL, or put him on waivers.

No fan fiction

Nov 16, 2004
He obviously meant an AHL-level high-end offensive talent.

Unless & until that guy actually spells it out, you can never be sure. That guy genuinely believes the AHL team should be stocked with high end talent. He has played the cake and eat it too game for years. If someone gets called up it's too soon; if someone spends a while, he isn't getting a fair chance; if a stiff is placed on waivers (twice in one season) it's Lefebvre's fault (even if he didn't really coach the guy) and bad asset management. That guy is the king of fan fiction, hindsight, wish fulfillment and confirmation bias. Oh, and he posts a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad