Injury Report: 2018-19 Injury Thread

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Eddie will be just fine. Up to this point, goaltending has been the star of the season for the Crunch. Numbers might not show that, but given what they have had "working" in front of them, I am good with the netminders. While the forwards and defensemen are starting to look better, the goalies have not been an issue so far at the AHL level.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Eddie will be just fine. Up to this point, goaltending has been the star of the season for the Crunch. Numbers might not show that, but given what they have had "working" in front of them, I am good with the netminders. While the forwards and defensemen are starting to look better, the goalies have not been an issue so far at the AHL level.

Haven't seen any games this season but a few over the years and I always liked Pasquale. Pretty good goalie and he's gonna be key with Vasi out. Domingue is gonna need some support.

Reactions: Katie Connauton

BowDownToVasilevskiy

Jun 30, 2013
Canada
Haven't seen any games this season but a few over the years and I always liked Pasquale. Pretty good goalie and he's gonna be key with Vasi out. Domingue is gonna need some support.
If Pasquale shines while Vasy is out, the trade for him is going to look like another genius move from Stevie Y.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Sorry but what? Those are all legitimate starting goalies at the NHL level...

Hope Vasi is all right you guys have a fantastic team, let him heal properly and bring him back when he’s ready.
Believe me: I'm happy not to have one of these goalies in my team.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Of the people to lose, Vasy isn't one of them. Domingue has been a nice backup, but he is not capable of carrying the load, and even less for Pasquale.

I'm not 100% certain we shouldn't be looking to make a move at this point, TBH.

Just saw 3-4 weeks. Not awful. Not great, but not months at least.
3-4 weeks is not the end of the world we can survive but if it’s 6-8 weeks ugh that would be a killer

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Only one back-to-back in the next 8 weeks so at least that won't be a problem even if Vasy does need some extra time. Domingue will have a heavy load but as long as he keeps it together we should get through it. The problem of course is that we don't know if he'll keep it together.

SRQKiter

Sep 26, 2018
Maybe this will force the team to put effort in the first period and score first for a change.
In that vein, yeah, this sucks but I am not sure it is the worst thing for this team. 1) It's early in the season, way early, so unless it is a total blowup, there's plenty of time to heal. 2) I absolutely believe that this team has relied too much on Vasy. Not in terms of minutes, but in terms of the guys in front of him making reckless plays because they knew Vasy was back there. No more. Tight D all the time now and no more behind the back, no-look passes in the D zone. 3) I also believe that many on the team have become if not outright bored, at least somewhat complacent about the regular season. Now they can't be because wins will be tougher to come by. (I know this last one is a mixed bag because we don't want the guys exhausted come playoff time - still I do think they lose focus - as evidenced by loss to Ottawa).

Anyway, the point is, this can be a good moment to tighten up a few things and get the skaters playing their best because they have to.

Reactions: J T Money

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Ugh. Just be back by the Montreal game so I can wear your sweater and brag about how great you are Vasy. We're going to miss you!

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Awful news. I don't trust Domingue at all. I think last year he played above his skill level.

I hope he proves me wrong.

You're wrong already. Domingue never even scratched the surface of his talent and probably never will. His problems are on the mental side. Not sure how you can fail to see this.
Furthermore, Domingue played 39 games in 15/16 and started 36 of them. With Smith down he was the Yotes starter from mid December to mid March and had about 1 or 2 games off I believe. He was excellent with 2,75 GAA and 91,2% Saves. He only saved 89% in February because he played too much but was well above 92% in December, January and March. If Pasquale can give the Bolts a few solid starts so Domingue can recover then I don't see a huge problem with Vasi missing a few weeks. Domingue and Pasquale aren't nearly as solid as Vasi of course but they should easily be good enough to take over for a few weeks.

LonLon Lei

Feb 27, 2018
FNp5.gif

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
I think we will be fine with Dom. The offense will just have to step up. Vasi was playing terrible for the second half of last season but we were still winning games because we have the best offense in the league, so i don't think this time should be any different.

Reactions: LonLon Lei

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
You're wrong already. Domingue never even scratched the surface of his talent and probably never will. His problems are on the mental side. Not sure how you can fail to see this.
Furthermore, Domingue played 39 games in 15/16 and started 36 of them. With Smith down he was the Yotes starter from mid December to mid March and had about 1 or 2 games off I believe. He was excellent with 2,75 GAA and 91,2% Saves. He only saved 89% in February because he played too much but was well above 92% in December, January and March. If Pasquale can give the Bolts a few solid starts so Domingue can recover then I don't see a huge problem with Vasi missing a few weeks. Domingue and Pasquale aren't nearly as solid as Vasi of course but they should easily be good enough to take over for a few weeks.

Well guess we found Louis' brothers account or Louis' own account.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Well guess we found Louis' brothers account or Louis' own account.

Lol. Just somebody who saw a lot of him over the years. I like big and mobile/athletic goalies and used to watch a lot of Coyotes hockey.
You can look up all those numbers btw. They're real. And if he can be the starter of a bad team for three months then there's no reason to believe that he couldn't do it for the Bolts.

BeingTheThunder

Jul 9, 2018
www.beingthethunder.com
This team is built of really high-caliber players and will be able to survive losing a key player or two for extended periods of time just fine. Yes the Big Cat is a crucial piece of our puzzle but so is the Big Swede and we survived a stretch without him just fine.

The panic some have expressed is kind of funny.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad