Injury Report: 2018-19 Injury Thread

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Remove the Arizona game and Domingue's stats are .917 sv% and 2.02 GAA, so yeah no more of those and we might be okay.

Reactions: Fabiobest

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
Hoping Vasy is not out for too long. Domingue time to shine now and i am sure he will be able to handle the pressure. Eddie gets a call up and has a 0.896 SVS% in 7 games this season with the crunch.

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
Seems like we get one injury, they come back and then someone else gets one straight away, cant catch a break.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Seems like we get one injury, they come back and then someone else gets one straight away, cant catch a break.
Or maybe we're catching too many.... :sarcasm:

But seriously - last season was abnormally healthy. It's fine for the team to get banged up a bit during the season. It forces people to step up, which will only help come playoff time.

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
Yikes. I wonder what the time table is for him? Who gets the call up? Pasquale? Or Ingram? Hopefully Domingue can hold down the fort Admirably until he comes back. Get well Vasi!

Reactions: Katie Connauton

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
Pros: vasy gets more rest for playoffs

Cons: goalies coming back from injury generally don’t preform at the same level of play

I believe the return date will be around 3 months or so to it fully heal. So he will come back around March. He will have game time to get himself back to par come the playoffs. If Domingue ever wanted a chance he could be a Starter in the NHL. This is it... God I hope hes up for it. Good thing is, our team is good enough to make the playoffs in spite of goaltending if needed. Hopefully it won't come to that point.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
I believe the return date will be around 3 months or so to it fully heal. So he will come back around March. He will have game time to get himself back to par come the playoffs. If Domingue ever wanted a chance he could be a Starter in the NHL. This is it... God I hope hes up for it. Good thing is, our team is good enough to make the playoffs in spite of goaltending if needed. Hopefully it won't come to that point.
3 months is a loooooooong time with the tandem of Domingue and Pasquale. I trust Domingue for now but if he shits the bed, there's no one else to take over. There's a reason why Pasquale has zero games in the NHL and Ingram is still too green.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
That *really* depends on the type of break. For small fractures he could be playing in six weeks, for more delicate ones it could be longer.

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
3 months is a loooooooong time with the tandem of Domingue and Pasquale. I trust Domingue for now but if he ****s the bed, there's no one else to take over. There's a reason why Pasquale has zero games in the NHL and Ingram is still too green.

Like I said, I hope Domingue is up for the challenge. As a player you never want to see your teammate get injured. Though as a Goalie, that is usually the case happening to prove that your ready to start for an NHL team. Even if its not going to be the team your currently on. (Think of Bishop in Ottawa.) This is his test, for him as a player hes gotta be chomping at the bit for this. I just hope for his sake, and ours included hes up for the challenge.

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
Or maybe we're catching too many.... :sarcasm:

But seriously - last season was abnormally healthy. It's fine for the team to get banged up a bit during the season. It forces people to step up, which will only help come playoff time.

I wonder as we did not have that many practice sessions last season this is playing a factor on why we are getting more injuries then last season. I am all for players stepping up thankfully we have some solid players still playing in the AHL.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
That's got to be a harder injury for a goalie to come back from, given how much they rely on pushing off for lateral movement. Take your time Vasy.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Like I said, I hope Domingue is up for the challenge. As a player you never want to see your teammate get injured. Though as a Goalie, that is usually the case happening to prove that your ready to start for an NHL team. Even if its not going to be the team your currently on. (Think of Bishop in Ottawa.) This is his test, for him as a player hes gotta be chomping at the bit for this. I just hope for his sake, and ours included hes up for the challenge.
my worry is all our back up goalies stink for louie ? you think we trade for a goalie or sign some one from over seas to back louie up ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad