Injury Report: 2018-19 Injury Thread

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
Any updates on Vasilevsky? I saw he was still in a boot a couple days ago but never saw anything about the timetable

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
No one has said for certain. But if Strålman is going to be re-evaluated Wednesday as already reported, I'd expect that he is NOT going on this short trip.

LonLon Lei

Feb 27, 2018
No one has said for certain. But if Strålman is going to be re-evaluated Wednesday as already reported, I'd expect that he is NOT going on this short trip.
Ahh I see. Thanks. I don't remember this; was he the victim of a certain play or did he pretty much injure himself?
In any case, we need him recover 100%.

SRQKiter

Sep 26, 2018

He's at least going on the roadtrip so that's a good sign.

Pretty safe bet he doesn't have a concussion then. If he was concussed he wouldn't be going on the trip. Flying, while it will not make the concussion itself worse, can exacerbate the symptoms. Given how his head went into the boards almost flush, it's probably just a pretty bad stinger / pinched nerve.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Ahh I see. Thanks. I don't remember this; was he the victim of a certain play or did he pretty much injure himself?
In any case, we need him recover 100%.

Not sure what happened. I just finished re-watching the Islanders game which was the last game Stråls played and there were a couple of times where he had awkward falls when battling for the puck but he was doing fine the rest of the time. He finished that game with 1 A for a total 5 pts in the 7 games Heddy's was out. Also had 1 SOG, 2 hits and 2 blocks and a takeaway with 24:13 TOI second only to McDonagh with 24:44 and led all SH TOI with 6:24 min. So he seemed fine then.

I guess the injury must have happened at their Friday practice? :dunno:

LonLon Lei

Feb 27, 2018
Not sure what happened. I just finished re-watching the Islanders game which was the last game Stråls played and there were a couple of times where he had awkward falls when battling for the puck but he was doing fine the rest of the time. He finished that game with 1 A for a total 5 pts in the 7 games Heddy's was out. Also had 1 SOG, 2 hits and 2 blocks and a takeaway with 24:13 TOI second only to McDonagh with 24:44 and led all SH TOI with 6:24 min. So he seemed fine then.

I guess the injury must have happened at their Friday practice? :dunno:
Yeah, it could also be more like Vasi's, overworking or something.
If we are really finishing nicely toward the end of the season & succeeding in securing the playoff spot, it'd be really wise for us to rest some guys, even some rookies. Can't believe it's not even 1/3 of the season yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad