Injury Report: 2018-19 Injury Thread

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Best case scenario Domingue steps up and we dont miss a beat. That would make things interesting when Vasi got back. Not going to hold my breath though. There is a reason why he is a back up. Hopefully hes developed further from that.

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
Dom will be fine, if i am correct we do not have a back to back for a while so he will most likely take the majority of the work load anyway, Depends on the severity of the injury to vasy he could be back in around 6 weeks if it not that serious. Maybe sign Mason if we really are struggling .

Reactions: Katie Connauton

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
my worry is all our back up goalies stink for louie ? you think we trade for a goalie or sign some one from over seas to back louie up ?
Honestly I wouldn't do anything. I'd rather ride out horrible goaltending. I believe our team is good enough to qualify for the playoffs inspite of goaltending. Hopefully Dom is up for it, if not ride him out. Unless a deal comes by that I just couldn't pass up. Nah I wouldn't do it. This is not a season ending injury. 3 months max. Yeah its a long time, but I think we would manage. What about you?

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Honestly I wouldn't do anything. I'd rather ride out horrible goaltending. I believe our team is good enough to qualify for the playoffs inspite of goaltending. Hopefully Dom is up for it, if not ride him out. Unless a deal comes by that I just couldn't pass up. Nah I wouldn't do it. This is not a season ending injury. 3 months max. Yeah its a long time, but I think we would manage. What about you?
I'm unsure due to we have not seen a full work load on Dom and now he is going to get it. If we crack the playoffs I see us as a wild card now. I'm not looking forward to Dom starting we are going to have to play a different way for sure and need to score more goals. But now we are going to see what this team is made of this is a huge test now.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Of the people to lose, Vasy isn't one of them. Domingue has been a nice backup, but he is not capable of carrying the load, and even less for Pasquale.

I'm not 100% certain we shouldn't be looking to make a move at this point, TBH.

Just saw 3-4 weeks. Not awful. Not great, but not months at least.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
In the past, the champions team (or the runner up ones) played with people like Fleury, Jones, Schneider (with Bobby Lu)...
So I'm not worried about Domingue...
Sorry but what? Those are all legitimate starting goalies at the NHL level...

Hope Vasi is all right you guys have a fantastic team, let him heal properly and bring him back when he’s ready.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
3 months is a loooooooong time with the tandem of Domingue and Pasquale. I trust Domingue for now but if he ****s the bed, there's no one else to take over. There's a reason why Pasquale has zero games in the NHL and Ingram is still too green.

Domingue was usually better when getting lots of starts. Watched a few Pasquale games over the years...pretty good goalie in his own right. They won't be able to replace Vasi but if handled the right way I can see them giving the team a chance to win in most games. Cooper and co just have to choose their starts wisely. Domingue getting some nights off is gonna be key.

BowDownToVasilevskiy

Jun 30, 2013
Canada
Of the people to lose, Vasy isn't one of them. Domingue has been a nice backup, but he is not capable of carrying the load, and even less for Pasquale.

I'm not 100% certain we shouldn't be looking to make a move at this point, TBH.

Just saw 3-4 weeks. Not awful. Not great, but not months at least.
Hopefully Dom can carry the load. Well get to see how he does tonight against a Penguins team without Crosby.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
his numbers don't look good in the AHL this year yuck

Have you watched a Crunch game? He's been playing much better lately just like the rest of the team. They started off bad and he had a stinker or two but since November has come around everyone is looking better. He's not your ideal NHL backup, if he has to start more than 2 or 3 we are in trouble. Domingue is the one who we need to worry about holding his own. Canes are carrying 3 goalies right now so maybe we can swing something for McIllhenney or Mrazak.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Is Pasquale even close to being an NHL backup or do we have to score 6 goals to win with him?

I say yes. Pretty good AHL goalie and probably better than some NHL backups. Surely better than Budaj

Best case scenario Domingue steps up and we dont miss a beat. That would make things interesting when Vasi got back. Not going to hold my breath though. There is a reason why he is a back up. Hopefully hes developed further from that.

Domingue was very good everytime Smith was injured. He's better when getting lots of starts. He's gonna need some nights off though. He didn't get those with Arizona and eventually tired out.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
I'm unsure due to we have not seen a full work load on Dom and now he is going to get it. If we crack the playoffs I see us as a wild card now. I'm not looking forward to Dom starting we are going to have to play a different way for sure and need to score more goals. But now we are going to see what this team is made of this is a huge test now.
:rolleyes: drama queen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad