Injury Report: 2018-19 Injury Thread

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
I'm starting to get concerned something happened to the shoulder of Palat and it'll be permanent, not unlike Lecavalier. He looks like hes shying away from shoulder hits, his shot velocity looks noticeably slower on TV.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I'm starting to get concerned something happened to the shoulder of Palat and it'll be permanent, not unlike Lecavalier. He looks like hes shying away from shoulder hits, his shot velocity looks noticeably slower on TV.

Do you mean early in the season?

There was one recent game where he seemed to be playing the body a lot more. Noticeably physical. And then he was out.

The silver lining here is it allows us to audition a new partner for Stamkos, who's likely to be more effective as our 2LW than Palat has been this year.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
I'm expecting Gourde to come in like a man possessed tomorrow.

Palat seems like he's struggling with either a shoulder or a hip issue like Cally's. Shying away from the hits, shot velocity dropping, but the real tell tale sign for me is his overall speed dropped, his pivots and turns are so wide. He has little to no agility out there. Pair that with shots dropping and him not going for as many hits, I think it's hip.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
I
I'm expecting Gourde to come in like a man possessed tomorrow.

Palat seems like he's struggling with either a shoulder or a hip issue like Cally's. Shying away from the hits, shot velocity dropping, but the real tell tale sign for me is his overall speed dropped, his pivots and turns are so wide. He has little to no agility out there. Pair that with shots dropping and him not going for as many hits, I think it's hip.
Which begs the question, why is he stapled to Stammers line?

Hockey4Life91

Mar 13, 2018
Wait, the noddle is even slower now? Not sure that was possible. But I agree that he often (not all the time, but most of it) looks less tenacious out there. Hope he get can get things going here soon.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
We are entering "officially cursed" territory if Hedman is out long term. Every year we gotta be walking wounded in the playoffs. Oh except last year. Last year we just got the privilege of running into THE most stacked team to play the dead puck system in probably 10-15 years and the Cinderella VGK who everyone was so in awe of fumbled helplessly like a 4 year old against a Chinese finger trap while the Caps got 2 or 3 Tiny Tim Christmas miracles in game 7 alone against us

Last edited:

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Do you think they would lock Hedman down for the rest of the season regardless of injury outcome?
If it's minor, I hope they give him like the last game of the season. Our players tend to be real rusty after a longer break (see: last game).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad