GDT: 2018-19 GDT Sign-Up Thread

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
Hey sorry, I had to take myself out from doing GDT’s. I had asked to be taken out from it because I’m spending most of my free time by my fathers side at The ICU. I hope everyone else is doing well in HFLand.

GoJetsGo

Just an FYI... I'm not putting up a quickie GDT for today's game against the Perds because @Aggie204 volunteered to do one (even though it's not in the 1st post's table)...

Last edited:

Get Bengt

Forging a Stanley Cup champ 1 whiny post at a time
Mar 31, 2018
Winnipeg
I'm on for this Thursday (@ Habs). Couple of rookie (i.e. dumb) questions:

1) How do I get the spiffy green "GDT" tag on my post? (I'll hit a GDT button to go to the list of GDTs, hit "post new thread", & hope for the best, if I don't hear back.)

2) Anyone know an easy way to pop a Powerpoint deck into a post? (related: any size limit on a post? I saw Z5GG broke one of his into three sub-posts.)

Don't want my first try to be a tech fail!

Thanks to the mods for all their hard work, and all the best.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
1) How do I get the spiffy green "GDT" tag on my post? (I'll hit a GDT button to go to the list of GDTs, hit "post new thread", & hope for the best, if I don't hear back.)

You can select a prefix when you add the thread title to the post.

2) Anyone know an easy way to pop a Powerpoint deck into a post? (related: any size limit on a post? I saw Z5GG broke one of his into three sub-posts.)

You'll need to print or export the slide deck pages to images, and post the images - the site won't accept a .ppt or .pptx file as an attachment.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
I do it in Publisher and save the whole file as a jpeg. I set it up as 8.5” x 225” page if it’s a long one. Publisher only goes to 240 or so inches.
Then I load the jpg into Imgur and use the link from there.
Probably a much easier way but it works so I do it.

Get Bengt

Mar 31, 2018
Winnipeg
Test: succeeded (but then deleted image, so as not to spoil surprise).
I'm now good to go via Imgur. Thanks again, all.

Last edited:

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Test:
view

Looks like the test didn't work.

Definitely use imgur..
Uploading your images to the HF site to post in a thread is not the way to go.
I think it looks bad that way.
imgur is very easy.
Upload the images, click on the image.
Copy the "Direct Link" url and paste that into the image button on HF.
You'll see Image Link and several other ones that you could copy but it's the 2nd one that you want to use.

Each post has a maximum of 35 images that you can post in.
I only broke that count with my last GDT("Twice a Fortnight" vs Vegas) which shattered that amount with over a 100 images.
The problem with the split post format (which Mud had to also do for the "Bridge of Truth") is that after you post the first set of images, someone could end up posting "FIRST" in the thread before you can add the next post with the rest of your images.

I'll assume the MODS could move the posts around to get the OP posts together at the front but obviously one post with 35 or less is probably the way to go.

My average GDT's are usually in the high 20's

Reactions: Mud Turtle

Get Bengt

Mar 31, 2018
Winnipeg
Looks like the test didn't work.

Definitely use imgur..
Uploading your images to the HF site to post in a thread is not the way to go.
I think it looks bad that way.
imgur is very easy.
Upload the images, click on the image.
Copy the "Direct Link" url and paste that into the image button on HF.
You'll see Image Link and several other ones that you could copy but it's the 2nd one that you want to use.

Each post has a maximum of 35 images that you can post in.
I only broke that count with my last GDT("Twice a Fortnight" vs Vegas) which shattered that amount with over a 100 images.
The problem with the split post format (which Mud had to also do for the "Bridge of Truth") is that after you post the first set of images, someone could end up posting "FIRST" in the thread before you can add the next post with the rest of your images.

I'll assume the MODS could move the posts around to get the OP posts together at the front but obviously one post with 35 or less is probably the way to go.

My average GDT's are usually in the high 20's
Hah - I’m at 42! Will condense to 35.

Thanks for the info - greatly appreciated.

Reactions: Mud Turtle

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
All right screw it...
I'm doing the Kessel Run and stepping up to do the GDT for the Sharks.

NOTE: No intended reference to the actual GDT with either Phil or the Falcon.
Are you going to do it in 12 parsecs? :D

(before some nerdypants tells me... yes, I know a parsec is a unit of distance and not time)

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Fear not, all, I am burning some midnight oil and putting some polish on this GDT today, so don't start without me :) All y'all probably still passed out so no worries :)

Reactions: YWGinYYZ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad