5. Allison, Wade - 41%
6. Ratcliffe, Isaac - 61%
7. Morin, Sam - 39%

Vorobyov.

Ruby has abysmal stats in a junior league in his +2 draft year

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
I mean, German was a Russian, who came to play in Canada, and had to play in mostly french speaking towns. I'm willing to give him a mulligan on his CHL career and start fresh in the AHL this year, but I would say if he doesn't show signs of life by the end of the year he will be a major disappointment.

Reactions: Ruck Over

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
IMG_0060.PNG
Ok, possibly I'm brain dead but..

I've been voting in the thread as I don't actually see where else to enter the player.

Am I blind? Lol

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
You can make legit arguments for about our top 15-18 prospects will in one degree be an NHLer of some sort.

Very exciting time but also we need to trade some of these guys for Karlsson.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
View attachment 130031 Ok, possibly I'm brain dead but..

I've been voting in the thread as I don't actually see where else to enter the player.

Am I blind? Lol

Did it let you vote? There is some kind of minimum total number of posts you have to have posted in order to vote in polls, I think - they do that to limit the number of burner accounts Norm and his playboy broads can create to swing votes. If you see empty dots to the right of the names on the first page of each of these prospect voting threads, you should be good to go - if you don't, maybe you haven't reached that minimum.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
I don't understand the large amount of support for Rubstov right here. It seems like people are voting for Rubstov based on upside rather than what he has actually done. Which, I think would be fine if his upside was actually really high, but I'm not sure it is. If he makes it, I imagine it would likely be as a 3rd line C/LW. I definitely don't see any top line upside.

Now the other close option in the poll, Vorobyev, has proven himself to be a quality pro player in the AHL and is on the verge of making it with the big club. He might be limited to a 3rd line role, but that at least looks obtainable unlike Rubstov's upside.

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016
Did it let you vote? There is some kind of minimum total number of posts you have to have posted in order to vote in polls, I think - they do that to limit the number of burner accounts Norm and his playboy broads can create to swing votes. If you see empty dots to the right of the names on the first page of each of these prospect voting threads, you should be good to go - if you don't, maybe you haven't reached that minimum.

Yeah pretty sure that minimum number is 200 posts.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I don't understand the large amount of support for Rubstov right here. It seems like people are voting for Rubstov based on upside rather than what he has actually done. Which, I think would be fine if his upside was actually really high, but I'm not sure it is. If he makes it, I imagine it would likely be as a 3rd line C/LW. I definitely don't see any top line upside.

Now the other close option in the poll, Vorobyev, has proven himself to be a quality pro player in the AHL and is on the verge of making it with the big club. He might be limited to a 3rd line role, but that at least looks obtainable unlike Rubstov's upside.
If you vote for Rubtsov, you have to believe he can score better than .5 PPG this year in the AHL. I just don't see that as a realistic possibility.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
If you vote for Rubtsov, you have to believe he can score better than .5 PPG this year in the AHL. I just don't see that as a realistic possibility.

I think it's pretty realistic, he's had short stretches in both the MHL and the Q where he showed some scoring prowness.
So it's certain a "realistic probability."
Now is that probability 25%, 50%, 75%?

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
I voted Rubstov, but I really like his upside as a Swiss Army knife winger, who won’t produce much, but is a good defensive player and can play up and down the line when needed. Kinda like a Raffl. Voro is my next pick, only cuz I don’t think his offensive game will translates either and I personally fear that if he loses a step that he is maxed out as a 4C.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Because we are judging prospects on their future not just their next couple of years.

His skating will improve if anything. We have got like 8 years before we need to worry about his skating.

So many weird comments around here lately.

Reactions: BernieParent

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Camp will be the most exciting it’s ever been. Both these two will pushing offensive talents and Frost will be pushing all out. That’s what Hextall has tried to do from the beginning. It’s hard to imagine one of these 3 makes the 3C spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad