• Wylie, Wyatte

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Went Laczynski again.

Rubtsov getting that many votes blows my mind.
Ruby is a very good hockey player and someone who will fit in well at the NHL level, likely on wing, given the surplus of excellent centre prospects.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Ruby is a very good hockey player and someone who will fit in well at the NHL level, likely on wing, given the surplus of excellent centre prospects.
Maybe, but 43 points in 49 games in the Q at age 19 is pretty lackluster, so the sheer quantity of votes he got at 8 compared to other good prospects surprises me. Have to think draft position is a reason behind such a large voting difference.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Maybe, but 43 points in 49 games in the Q at age 19 is pretty lackluster, so the sheer quantity of votes he got at 8 compared to other good prospects surprises me. Have to think draft position is a reason behind such a large voting difference.
No, I watched him plenty. Stats aren't everything. As I said after one Jr. game, if he got the return pass for every give and go he started, he'd have scored a lot more points.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Stats aren’t everything but there’s still a scoring standard to hold as a 19 year old former first rounder in juniors. Rubtsov didn’t hold it last year & that’s not a good thing. You’re basically hoping he can be outlier at this point like Faska but that’s very far from a given.

He needs a bounce back year this year & show he can produce on the offensively side of the puck otherwise he’s not going to be much a noteworthy player going forward. Even Hextall of all people noted much of there being some disappointment in his offensive game this past year.

Last edited:

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Stats aren’t everything but there’s still a scoring standard to hold as a 19 year old former first rounder in juniors. Rubtsov didn’t hold it last year & that’s not a good thing. You’re basically hoping he can be outlier at this point like Faska but that’s very far from a given.

He needs a bounce back year this year & show he can produce on the offensively side of the puck otherwise he’s not going to be much a noteworthy player going forward. Even Hextall of all people noted much of there being some disappointment in his offensive game this past year.
For years I defended Couturier's smart 2 way play and defended his talent and smarts, despite low numbers. I trust my own eyes; Rubtsov is going to be a good addition to the Flyers. He has talent and habits that translate to the NHL game. I don't really care about arbitrary expectations or timelines. When his coaches have needed someone who could play a strong 200 ft game, at WJC or MemCup, theylook down the bench and send him over. Hakstol will too, or, hopefully, his successor.

Last edited:
Reactions: Curufinwe

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
For years I defended Couturier's smart 2 way play and defended his talent and smarts, despite low numbers. I trust my own eyes; Rubtsov is going to be a good addition to the Flyers. He has talent and habits that translate to the NHL game. I don't really care about arbitrary expectations or timelines. When his coaches have needed someone who could play a strong 200 ft game, at WJC or MemCup, the look down the bench and send him over. Hakstol will too, or, hopefully, his successor.

Couturier not scoring in the NHL isn’t really relevant. A guy with Rubtsov’s profile (19 years old, former first rounder, forward, etc.) not being able to get over a PPG average is not good. There’s no way to shape it otherwise & there was certainly questions about his play this year too on the offensive side of the puck by even the GM of the team.

He really needs to prove this year was a fluke in the AHL next year otherwise his stock going to continue to drop & rightfully so.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Couturier not scoring in the NHL isn’t really relevant. A guy with Rubtsov’s profile (19 years old, former first rounder, forward, etc.) not being able to get over a PPG average is not good. There’s no way to shape it otherwise & there was certainly questions about his play this year too on the offensive side of the puck by even the GM of the team.

He really needs to prove this year was a fluke in the AHL next year otherwise his stock going to continue to drop & rightfully so.
Especially when Couts was a Jr scoring champion so he showed that high skill and scoring ability against his peers.

But all these guys are fighting for bottom 6 minutes most likely. The best will rise to the top.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Couts absolutely dominated juniors, and played well in the AHL.
Pre-draft (17/18): 58g 36-60 96 +55 PO: 10g 6-5 11
Made the NHL in his post-draft year and posted 27 points.
When he played in the AHL at 19/20 he had 28 points in 31 games.

Rubtsov isn't in the same league with those kind of offensive numbers.
He'll be six months older than Couts in the AHL, see if he approaches a ppg scoring rate.

Reactions: Tripod

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad