• Wylie, Wyatte

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
Voro feels like the more surefire NHL'er, but I'm going Rubstov for ceiling. This easily goes either way though.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Got to go with the Pimp.
Rubtsov might be more skilled, but I'm not sure he's more talented.

Vorobyev has size on him, has improved his skating, and has an advanced feel for the passing game. He showed steady improvement in the AHL at age 21, and has the skills to be a solid 3C (30+ ES points a year, above average defense, PK duties).

Rubtsov will have to take a big jump to score more than Vorobyev, though he was the better player at the same age in the MHL, hasn't really progressed offensively since then. Both are smart responsible defensive players, but that's where Vorobyev's size and strength gives him an edge at center.

Now this could switch quickly if Rubtsov hits the ground running in the AHL, or conversely, if Vorobyev wins a NHL job this fall.

Reactions: CowboyDan

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
The Flyers prospect pool gets pretty unexciting after the first the first 4-6ish. Even if one or two make the NHL, I don't see much upside.

I don't think many prospect pools go deeper than six for exciting prospects. For that matter, I don't think many go as deep as six. We're generally considered one of, if not the deepest, prospect pools in the league currently.

So, yeah, no argument from me on that front with management in the slightest.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Yeah, because solid 3rd line forwards grow on trees and don't get paid $4-5M a year in free agency.
So guys whose upside is merely 30+ ES points and good defense aren't "sexy."

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Vorob, Lac, Morin, Rubstov would have been my order here so I’m just gonna keep with that.

Dumpster Flyers

Jun 21, 2006
I don't think many prospect pools go deeper than six for exciting prospects. For that matter, I don't think many go as deep as six. We're generally considered one of, if not the deepest, prospect pools in the league currently.

So, yeah, no argument from me on that front with management in the slightest.
Some prospect pools that are deep with skilled "projects" who are flawed but have room to grow. I don't really see that with the Flyers. Maybe Laczynski, but...

... Probably my biggest issue with the Flyers' drafting is they seem to undervalue skating ability, especially in later rounds. It's arguably the biggest hurdle preventing prolific scorers in lower leagues from succeeding in the NHL, but the scouting staff doesn't seem to care.
Ok, someone complaining about the deepest group of prospects in the league. Here we are.
Laughing at the thought of this being the deepest prospect pool in the league.

Last edited:

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Especially with the 2nd round an onward of this years draft I get where he’s coming from. Lots of great depth, but to be honest, Hextall is very hit or miss with how I feel about his picks. He’ll draft a guy like Konecny and even move up to get him then draft guys like Samuel Dove McFalls in later rounds.

If you account for NHL pieces and prospects combined, I’m not sure if there’s a team better than us though so you won’t hear me complaining. At the moment at least.

Last edited:

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Ok, someone complaining about the deepest group of prospects in the league. Here we are.
And I completely disagree with his point as well. Having Rubstov as your 8th or 9th best prospect is pretty damn exciting.

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW
xZCUyEn.jpg

That’s right. Time for some big pimpin.

Dumpster Flyers

Jun 21, 2006
No depth...only 8 former WJC players still left on this list with more to make it this year.

And this doesn't include our goalies where 3 guys have made it.

Dumb people.
I think the Flyers still have a very good prospect pool overall with a great top 4 in Hart, Frost, Myers, and Farabee (and a wildcard in O'Brien). I don't share people's enthusiasm for Allison and Ratcliffe, although they have some upside at least. But it's not like the Flyers have exceptional depth after that. #7 onward is average at best compared to the rest of the league.
I guess the people at draft analyst care to differ
Flyers Top 20 Prospects – July 2018
FYI, The Draft Analyst doesn't have "people." It's just some random dude without a professional hockey background who runs a low traffic blog.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I think the Flyers still have a very good prospect pool overall with a great top 4 in Hart, Frost, Myers, and Farabee (and a wildcard in O'Brien). I don't share people's enthusiasm for Allison and Ratcliffe, although they have some upside at least. But it's not like the Flyers have exceptional depth after that. #7 onward is average at best compared to the rest of the league.
Nope. Just a bunch of WJC players. 40 goal scorers in Jr. PPG players in Jr. Top college scores. Etc...

Look at Ryan Donato...9 points in 12 games after his college season. Yet Laczynski had a better year than him.

The AMOUNT of depth we have for our prospects is something few can compete with. It's actually our lack of a top 1-2 guys compared to others. Mostly because Patrick for example is in the NHL compared to the rest of the draft class who are still prospects.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Frost is chopped liver? Hart isn't the top goalie prospect in the world?
So we lack a top 1-2 guys?

Dumpster Flyers

Jun 21, 2006
Nope. Just a bunch of WJC players. 40 goal scorers in Jr. PPG players in Jr. Top college scores. Etc...

Look at Ryan Donato...9 points in 12 games after his college season. Yet Laczynski had a better year than him.

The AMOUNT of depth we have for our prospects is something few can compete with. It's actually our lack of a top 1-2 guys compared to others. Mostly because Patrick for example is in the NHL compared to the rest of the draft class who are still prospects.
Who cares if they played in the WJC? It has absolutely no impact on their potential.

And in what universe did Laczynski have a better year that Donato? Donato had one of the best points per game in college hockey with little help from his teammates. That's an absurd statement. What's more, Donato can actually skate.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Who cares if they played in the WJC? It has absolutely no impact on their potential.

And in what universe did Laczynski have a better year that Donato? Donato had one of the best points per game in college hockey with little help from his teammates. That's an absurd statement. What's more, Donato can actually skate.

Laczynski is full year younger. I think @Tripod was saying that Laczynski was better this year than Donato was last year.

Laczynski can skate.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008

What the hell are you looking for as the 9th best skater in the pipeline? Which team has a stud this far down?

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Went Laczynski again.

Rubtsov getting that many votes blows my mind.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad