2018-19 FA Cup Thread

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
12-14 top league teams after tomorrow and replays. Hope to see at least 2-3 matches between them in the next round.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Liverpool's centerback pairing tonight is Lovern and Fabinho. They are starting a 17 year old (Jones at AM) and an 18 year old (Camacho at RB). On the bench is a 16 year old (Hoever at CB/RB). This should be interesting.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Lovren pulled a hammy 3 minutes in. He is getting replaced by 16 year old Ki-Jana Hoever

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Great. Do we panic buy someone? Gomez, Matip and Lovren have all proved to be quite injury prone

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Liverpool almost playing a back 3 with Milner in the middle when defending.

The game is about as exciting as you'd expect one with so much rotation to be.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
How's Jones looking? Can't catch this one.

He hasn't looked out of place but really no one has looked good because the game has been so unorganized.

Feels very much like Mourinho style offense for both teams. Almost no cohesive plan, just a bunch of dudes out there seeing what happens.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
He hasn't looked out of place but really no one has looked good because the game has been so unorganized.

Feels very much like Mourinho style offense for both teams. Almost no cohesive plan, just a bunch of dudes out there seeing what happens.
Makes sense.

Unlike most I never like losing and hope we can turn it around. Would be nice for the kids, too.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
I'd never want my team to lose but if i was Liverpool I wouldn't be disappointed if I did lose today.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
What a miracle it is that Origi scored one goal this season. What an awful player.
Has he been that bad? Thought he looked quite good against Everton. Too bad he kind of fell apart after breaking his leg; seemed promising at that point.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Either Hoever has developed a ton in the short span he is with Liverpool or I was just dead wrong about him. Never struck me as the RB he appears to be right now. I know Ajax didn't want to let him go, but in the parts I've watched him, he wasn't very special.

Good though, could be something at RB down the line for Oranje.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
In years prior I would get mad about league and FA cup exits because those were the only trophies Liverpool could realistically win. This year I just do not care.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Has he been that bad? Thought he looked quite good against Everton. Too bad he kind of fell apart after breaking his leg; seemed promising at that point.

He gets the ball and every time immediately runs away from goal, towards the corner flag, or passes it backwards regardless of his position.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
They’ve all been bad. 16 year old the best of a bad showing

Not basing this on his few minutes this evening.
The fact that he has made his debut, along with some reports I've read, including some heavy praise from Klopp, he's doing amazingly well.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
He gets the ball and every time immediately runs away from goal, towards the corner flag, or passes it backwards regardless of his position.
Actually that is something I've noticed more about his game. Was he always like that? I feel like he has the athleticism/skill to be more direct but he just...isn't.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Not basing this on his few minutes this evening.
The fact that he has made his debut, along with some reports I've read, including some heavy praise from Klopp, he's doing amazingly well.
Yep...if you watch him the player he actually seems more reminiscent of is...van Dijk actually. Smaller, quicker, but that same level of calm and poise that you can't really teach. It will be interesting to see what position he ends up at since he has split the season at RB/CB (and for the PL2 team it's been only RB so far). He's only 16 and has a lot of growing to do though and it wouldn't surprise me if he ends up at CB instead of RB.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad