2018-19 FA Cup Thread

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Their system at the back is bonkers.

It's basically Fabinho as a sweeper. It would work a bit better if Mignolet could handle the ball better than a hand grenade, or could actually handle a pass back.

It really looks like Klopp basically tossed together a lineup and said "whatever guys, you figure it out" There appears to be zero coaching thought put into this game.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
It really looks like Klopp basically tossed together a lineup and said "whatever guys, you figure it out" There appears to be zero coaching thought put into this game.

Maybe.

I think he planned to throw whomever was around out there and just kinda figure it out. But with Lovren hurt, any plan he did have was basically crocked. They have a ton of attacking players, they probably thought they could win a 2-1, 3-2 type of game with a scruffy chance. If they didn't, fine, they're out, big whoop.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Practically every shot he hits from distance is close to the target. It's quite incredible. I'm glad he doesn't try more of those though as the likelihood they go in is too small.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
A replay won't really matter to us. We'll trot out the same disjointed line-up. If anything it's a good boost for the kids who get to play against better opposition and have a bit more time to play with some of the first team.

Not sure why people are so against going through in this but anyway.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Won't complain. We are pretty much in an injury crisis on defense and don't need extra fixtures from Doncaster Rovers and Newport County.

Mar 1, 2002
Weren't you the guy who argued that Spurs losing in the League Cup last year (or was it two years ago) didn't matter much?

I have no idea what I said yesterday much less two years ago. I did say it was best for them to not qualify for the round of 16 in champions league this year after the first two matches.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Tough fixture but can't help but feel we should have gone through.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->