2018-19 FA Cup Thread

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Not basing this on his few minutes this evening.
The fact that he has made his debut, along with some reports I've read, including some heavy praise from Klopp, he's doing amazingly well.
Yep...if you watch him the player he actually seems more reminiscent of is...van Dijk actually. Smaller, quicker, but that same level of calm and poise that you can't really teach. It will be interesting to see what position he ends up at since he has split the season at RB/CB (and for the PL2 team it's been only RB so far). He's only 16 and has a lot of growing to do though and it wouldn't surprise me if he ends up at CB instead of RB.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Yea, the play out of the back strategy seems really dumb. Fabinho just passed it back to Hoever, who was basically standing at the corner flag and had a Wolves playing coming towards him. Not exactly setting the teenager up for an easy play.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Origi has the talent and athleticism. If Klopp can get him turned around mentally he could still be a pretty good player.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
OM. They're in a position right now where they'd take anyone. Monaco too.

I think he wants to go back to Spain if we're being honest, but I could see him hanging out in Monaco doing a lot of nothing beyond getting his haircut. Do they let players ride around on hover boards with their pitbulls? Any Brazilians he can go to the club with?

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Their system at the back is bonkers.

It's basically Fabinho as a sweeper. It would work a bit better if Mignolet could handle the ball better than a hand grenade, or could actually handle a pass back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad