2018-19 Colorado Eagles (AHL) and Utah Grizzlies (ECHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I wish he got a run with some talent to show that he can do things at ES & not just on the 2nd unit PP...but this season is all about getting him adjusted to living in NA & playing in the AHL.

So even if he doesn’t get more chances to produce this season, it’s how well he does next year that will tell us if this year was a success.

Hopefully next year..

You have to give the kid credit, by all accounts hes been a good team mate and made the most of his experience. Although his KHL teams really set the bar high for us. All we really had to do was dress the guy to show him he was valued.

Reactions: cgf

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I wish he got a run with some talent to show that he can do things at ES & not just on the 2nd unit PP...but this season is all about getting him adjusted to living in NA & playing in the AHL.

So even if he doesn’t get more chances to produce this season, it’s how well he does next year that will tell us if this year was a success.
Yo, how has Meloche looked this season?

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Silvertips fan here, what do you guys think of Kevin Davis so far? Getting over 0.5 PPG from an undrafted rookie D in the AHL is pretty good. I think he could be a Top 4 D in the NHL one day for you guys.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
RE: Shryv

This organization has very limited abilities when it comes to developing young talent. Probably bottom-5 in the league.

Last edited:

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Igor isn't on the second unit pp anymore. They had to work in Max McCormick ya know. Cody Bass was the extra attacker with the empty net last night btw.

I think Meloche has played some of his best hockey since his brief injury. Physical, consistent, confident. Chipping in a few more points, shooting the puck. Not sure what more they want.

@Stive Morgan Davis has been an interesting revelation. He's certainly one of the best if not the best puck mover they have. As any young guy coverage can be interesting at times but they could use a guy like him in the system. I am concerned another team coughSanJosecough will snag him with an ELC if the Avs don't do it. Idk about NHL because the path is very long and winding here but they certainly could use a free productive defenseman in the AHL.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Igor isn't on the second unit pp anymore. They had to work in Max McCormick ya know. Cody Bass was the extra attacker with the empty net last night btw.

I think Meloche has played some of his best hockey since his brief injury. Physical, consistent, confident. Chipping in a few more points, shooting the puck. Not sure what more they want.

@Stive Morgan Davis has been an interesting revelation. He's certainly one of the best if not the best puck mover they have. As any young guy coverage can be interesting at times but they could use a guy like him in the system. I am concerned another team coughSanJosecough will snag him with an ELC if the Avs don't do it. Idk about NHL because the path is very long and winding here but they certainly could use a free productive defenseman in the AHL.

Me to denounce my love. Cobra's right, my affection is the kiss of death for the Avs FO.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Me to denounce my love. Cobra's right, my affection is the kiss of death for the Avs FO.

For your mental health I'm glad that does not translate to other sports. For my mental health I have to stop agreeing with everyone you want the Avs to go get.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
For your mental health I'm glad that does not translate to other sports. For my mental health I have to stop agreeing with everyone you want the Avs to go get.

Fortunately for everyone's mental health, I've stopped getting attached to any avs prospects. So AJG, French Nic & Shvyry, will be the last of their kind...

Reactions: CobraAcesS

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Fortunately for everyone's mental health, I've stopped getting attached to any avs prospects. So AJG, French Nic & Shvyry, will be the last of their kind...

I mean this in the nicest way, but I think I just made the same face as when my toddler tells me no after I ask if she pooped.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I mean this in the nicest way, but I think I just made the same face as when my toddler tells me no after I ask if she pooped.

Between my not watching anywhere near as much junior hockey anymore & the avs scouting staff...I think the odds are pretty good of us getting in another draft class or two, before I find a new boo.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Between my not watching anywhere near as much junior hockey anymore & the avs scouting staff...I think the odds are pretty good of us getting in another draft class or two, before I find a new boo.

I laughed, then reality sank in, and then I was no longer laughing.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
But that's when you're supposed to force yourself to laugh even harder!

If gazing into your soul makes the abyss s*** itself, you win.

With my past I get a "this number has been disconnected" message fairly immediately when I try that.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia

Btw I know you had a falling out with our board but we appreciate your opinions especially on the Eagles around here. Your prospect updates are missed.

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia

Yeah, puck moving is definitely his biggest strength. Very smart player. Reminds me of Andrei Markov (obviously he will not be as good, but stylistically I mean)

Avsrule2022

"No more rats"
Apr 4, 2012
Longmont, CO
So should we be happy they won in OT or concerned they blew a three goal lead?

How’d Frankie do?

Concerned. Teaching the Eagles to turtle like the Avs really sucks.

I thought Frank was awesome before the turtle last night. The Eagles play such a boring brand of hockey that I find myself watching Frank exclusively for extended periods of time. Even when the puck is at the other end lol. He's just that fun to watch. If the Avs don't give him a chance this year I hope he goes somewhere else and gets a shot. I'm no hockey genius, but I see no reason why he can't be at least a backup in the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad