2018-19 Colorado Eagles (AHL) and Utah Grizzlies (ECHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
Beaudin wasn't working out, he's a scorer that's not scoring. McCormick is the better player and it sounds like he at least has some grit to his game. The Eagles are sitting just outside a playoff spot, so to me this seems like a deadline deal to help get them in.

Beaudin was under contract for another season so this trade will free up room the next crop of forwards.

Avsrule2022

"No more rats"
Apr 4, 2012
Longmont, CO
The Eagles are one of the lowest scoring teams in the league. Nobody outside Greer and Aggozino score on this team. It will be the same with McCormick. Not to mention the Eagles already have a facepuncher in Bass.

There are also plenty of forward contracts that can come off the books next year (Ghetto, Bourqe, Dries, Greer, Toninato, Nantel, Aggozino, Kosmochuk). Not to mention McCormick is a UFA next year. We traded a guy with term for a 25 game facepuncher rental.

I'll gladly eat my words if he helps them to make the playoffs, but to me this is a linear move at the very best. Plus I'm just salty because JCB helped the Eagles win the ECHL Championship last year lol.

Reactions: cgf

Avsrule2022

"No more rats"
Apr 4, 2012
Longmont, CO
Forgot to mention: McCormick was put on waivers 6 weeks ago and could have been had for free. AND he's on a one way NHL deal, so he costs quite a bit more than JC.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Forgot to mention: McCormick was put on waivers 6 weeks ago and could have been had for free. AND he's on a one way NHL deal, so he costs quite a bit more than JC.

That actually helps the value. Means the Avs can move him up and down without a risk of losing him for a while. Claiming on waivers would mean he'd have to clear again (and through Ottawa who could dump him in the minors right away) if the Avs wanted to send him down.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
The Eagles are one of the lowest scoring teams in the league. Nobody outside Greer and Aggozino score on this team. It will be the same with McCormick. Not to mention the Eagles already have a facepuncher in Bass.

There are also plenty of forward contracts that can come off the books next year (Ghetto, Bourqe, Dries, Greer, Toninato, Nantel, Aggozino, Kosmochuk). Not to mention McCormick is a UFA next year. We traded a guy with term for a 25 game facepuncher rental.

I'll gladly eat my words if he helps them to make the playoffs, but to me this is a linear move at the very best. Plus I'm just salty because JCB helped the Eagles win the ECHL Championship last year lol.
McCormick can still score too. He's producing as much as Beaudin in only half the games and has maintained a .5 ppg pace in the AHL the last few years.

Expect some of those guys you mentioned to get extended and all of them are better players than Beaudin with the exception of Nantel.

Avs didn't see a future in Beaudin and moved on. There isn't much else to it.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
That actually helps the value. Means the Avs can move him up and down without a risk of losing him for a while. Claiming on waivers would mean he'd have to clear again (and through Ottawa who could dump him in the minors right away) if the Avs wanted to send him down.
Also the Avs are at 47/50 contract limit. No need to bring that up to 48 for just an AHL deal.

Reactions: klozge

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Joe did Dorion a favor, to soothe wounds so they can trade again in the (near?) future, without hard feelings.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Nice to see Jost and Francouz both back.

Does anyone know why they still tweet the lineup like this? At this point it has to be to annoy people like me, right?

Reactions: cgf

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I'm just guessing here but maybe that's an AHL thing--they don't want to tell you which guys are 1st line, 2nd line, etc. For some reason they're really guarded about revealing TOI and what not.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I'm just guessing here but maybe that's an AHL thing--they don't want to tell you which guys are 1st line, 2nd line, etc. For some reason they're really guarded about revealing TOI and what not.
This is correct. The coast isn’t even as tight lipped as the AHL.

Glad to see Frankie back and it looks like he had a decent game. I want to see him with the Avs next week. Both the Eagles and Avs have home games Tuesday night. I want Frankie heading to Winnipeg with the team the next morning.

Reactions: Avalanche

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Top five Eagles songs:

1. The Last Resort
2. Desperado
3. Hotel California
4. Take It to the Limit
5. Take It Easy

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Shvy is really going to show that offensive potential playing on the 4th line with Lewis and Barron.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Shvy is really going to show that offensive potential playing on the 4th line with Lewis and Barron.

I wish he got a run with some talent to show that he can do things at ES & not just on the 2nd unit PP...but this season is all about getting him adjusted to living in NA & playing in the AHL.

So even if he doesn’t get more chances to produce this season, it’s how well he does next year that will tell us if this year was a success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad