2018-19 Colorado Eagles (AHL) and Utah Grizzlies (ECHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
He looked tentative to me at first, but he's getting a lot more comfortable out there. Seems to be improving game by game. A year in the AHL will be great for him.

I haven't watched him much with the Eagles, but from what I saw of him in camp he looked promising, but would do well with a full year in the AHL.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
He looked tentative to me at first, but he's getting a lot more comfortable out there. Seems to be improving game by game. A year in the AHL will be great for him.

I wish I had the time to watch the AHL as much as I have the past few years. Of course I stop watching the AHL the year where we've put together the best AHL team we've had since the rebuild started lol

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I think Meloche is hurt, he's not playing in this game. New guy Falk is in on the bottom pair with Boikov getting very limited minutes so far.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
At least the Eagles won tonight.

-Kaut with an assist on the GWG thanks to his bomb on the PP that kicked up a juicy rebound to Aggozino.

-Shyvrev is a great passer but struggled to really get quality chances with Nantel and Bass at his wings.

-Nantel looks blander than bland, by the way, definitely not getting a QO this summer. He's the Dano of the AHL.

-Lewis is way more physical than you would expect, he got a goal and an assist that were well deserved too. He plays the PK and PP as well.

-Beaudin was centering the top line with Lewis and Kosmachuk, had an assist on the first Eagles goal thanks to a defensive play.

-Man, Joly has great hands, but no brains. If he had any idea how to use his talent he would be a force.

-LOC has speed to burn, but did very little with it.

-Francouz is a rock, the only two goals were not his fault. One screened, the other on a backdoor pass. Other than that, he was pretty much perfect except for bobbling the puck once.

Overall, the game was kind of choppy and back and forth. The puck was bouncing everywhere on what looked like lousy ice. Still, the Eagles know how to throw a party, and the house was rocking and probably 90% full.

Brett44

Feb 11, 2017
Why coach don't try Shyvrev with 2 winger with skill and or power ?

Lewis-Beaudin-Kosmachuk
Joly- Shyvrev- Kaut

Nieto on waivers and bring skill To AVS.
Another question who is the best defenseman or more ready To a recall To AVS?( Meloche,Graves,Lindholm or Alt)

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
I think Meloche is hurt, he's not playing in this game. New guy Falk is in on the bottom pair with Boikov getting very limited minutes so far.

I would hope someone can confirm this one way or another. I am hoping that he was not scratched in favor of the newly signed Faulk.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Meloche was in a normal practice jersey. He’s fine. Just another poor development decision because they had to sign a vet.
Ouch. Falk barely got any PT either, he and Boikov were out there very little at ES. I don't know what the point is if they don't trust the new guy.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I am not going to try to overreact because the season is long, but I am going to be quite pissed off if they did sign Falk which eventually makes Meloche a scratch (and I say this as not the biggest Meloche fan).

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Has Meloche been playing well defensviely though? Or did he maybe need to sit? Honest question, I haven't watched him much this season.

Sometimes coaches are tougher on prospects/players they believe have a higher potential they aren't reaching, than they are on low potential guys.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
WTH is that post from Colorado Eagles, what is the message?
That Meloche is healthy and was a scratch because of the Avs incompetence. He wasn't great last weekend but was their best dman all the other games. He was also healthy scratched opening night cause he's not old enough

pled

Sep 7, 2009
who the hell played center for the Agozzino Kaut Oconnor line

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Who the **** designed the game night roster picture? I have no idea what the forward lines even are after the first line.
its a normal echl underpaid designer. most of the team staff was carried over no surprise there.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Note to Eagles editors. Nobody wants to see all those overhead angles in the highlights. You can't even tell what's going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad