2018-19 Blackhawks Roster Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Not at all. I just don't know who I would replace him with. I don't know who is out there that is better. So I'm curious what people who want him fired think. Who would they replace him with right now if they were the owner, and fired him?

I don't know any ideal candidates either but Barry Smith is a name that comes to mind (for either job) if you want to keep it internal.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Never said it wasn't. But if you don't develop your young talent, plus pursue some dynamic FAs, you stay there. That's what I was getting at...

You're entitled to your opinion, but I strongly disagree.

The Hawks weren't as bad last year as they displayed the second half of the season. They were a playoff team until Crow was out. At that point, the entire team was seemingly checked out from the time he did, or shortly after. The team will be middle of the pack this year, so long as goaltending isn't a dumpster fire again, and likely a playoff team, IMO.

As far as nothing in the pipeline that will change it in the near future? :huh:

There's not a bunch of top pairing/top 4 D prospects developing, right? Forward prospects are a little light. But there are also numerous very good forward prospects that will end up on the Hawks roster this season... and a few that were already here that should take the next step.

On that note, this season needs to start already. The doom and gloom around here is almost unbearable the majority of the time.

And that is on the coach which should have been fired but the hawks front office is in denial.

They also think they have the pieces to compete for a cup again real soon and that is another example of how they are living in a dream world

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
To clarify what I meant, they were actually in a playoff position when Crow went down. I believe they were the 7th or 8th seed at the time. And would have likely been "in the race" as you said.

And the coach paid millions let all the players give up after crow left or did the players quit on Q? Either way that’s instant firing IMO

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Yep. It reached the pinnacle with the unbelievable 8-year contract extension gifted to Seabs that sadly many of us saw coming. That contract alone was enough to get a GM fired.

Agree, when I heard the deal I knew the hawks were f***ed. That deal and the toews and Kane deals are just to rich and long. Stan should be fired

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Chihawks10

Paul Fenton, guys learnt tones from David Poile who is the best in the business

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
BK

the moment the twin 10.5 deals were signed was the beginning of the demise, too much money tied up with those two, then add in 7.5 for seabrook and your toast.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Seabrooks deal is bad but your Toews and Kane take is just....come one.
Theres several takes by hawks or other fans that sum up to blaming Stan for moves that amounted to winning that 3rd cup. It just comes out because of so much anger thrown out without a moment to reflect on that context.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Theres several takes by hawks or other fans that sum up to blaming Stan for moves that amounted to winning that 3rd cup. It just comes out because of so much anger thrown out without a moment to reflect on that context.

I know. It is absurd to me. Stan messed up on the Seabrook deal but bitching about the T & K deal is just nonsensical.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
I know. It is absurd to me. Stan messed up on the Seabrook deal but *****ing about the T & K deal is just nonsensical.

Its a package BK, stan knew very well what contracts he had and how long they were when he threw the bank at sea brook. They are relevant

Reactions: BobbyJet

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Would you have let them walk?

nope but I would have convinced them that they can live a pretty good life on 9.0 or 9.5 each and talk to them about about doing so would keep the team competitive for a longer period of time.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
BK

the moment the twin 10.5 deals were signed was the beginning of the demise, too much money tied up with those two, then add in 7.5 for seabrook and your toast.

Seabrook’s AAV is $6.875 million. Once again, it’s possilbe to make a point without embellishing or misstating facts.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
nope but I would have convinced them that they can live a pretty good life on 9.0 or 9.5 each and talk to them about about doing so would keep the team competitive for a longer period of time.

Oh ffs, how exactly would you have done that against the advice of their agents and the NHLPA?

I want to hear how you’d open that conversation, word for word.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
apologies I thought it was 7.5, let me stand corrected 6.875 Million, 5.5 million too much for what he did last year.

hope that makes it better for ya.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Convince them to take 9-9.5 lol. Or they convince Stan that they can get 12 as a UFA and lose them for nothing. You pay your best players.

sure you can pay your best players within reason, but if you do you need to cut back on some other peoples salaries and he did not keep that in mind when he signed Seabrook or AA to his extension without even skating a day for the club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad