Prospect Info: 2018-19 Binghamton Devils and ECHL talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Merry Christmas to all to all on this Blog..... I wish you Peace and good health.... Those blessed with family and good friends cherish your time with them, as the time we have is only rented here..... Share your time with your loved ones as you are blessed for having them..... I ask for world peace today and every day......

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Merry Christmas to all to all on this Blog..... I wish you Peace and good health.... Those blessed with family and good friends cherish your time with them, as the time we have is only rented here..... Share your time with your loved ones as you are blessed for having them..... I ask for world peace today and every day......

Perfectly said Zeke

Have a Merry Christmas!

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

When they talk about heeding the wisdom of your elders this is what they mean. Thanks Zeke and be well.

Reactions: OmNomNom

tailfins

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2005
Gignac. Colton White. Bastian.

But we shouldn't base it off one game anyways. Not when a guy like Stud's is hurt while 3 other players who started the season in Bing are currently in the NHL.

Why aren't we talking more about Josh Jacobs? Not that we need to talk a lot about him, but the kid is 22 (about to turn 23 in a couple of months), and is playing solid D in the AHL. I know he's stuck behind a lot of RHD, but he's about 10 months older than Davies - and Davies is seen as still having potential.

I think Jacobs could develop into a solid bottom pair guy given time and opportunity.

Reactions: Ski and devilsblood

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Why aren't we talking more about Josh Jacobs? Not that we need to talk a lot about him, but the kid is 22 (about to turn 23 in a couple of months), and is playing solid D in the AHL. I know he's stuck behind a lot of RHD, but he's about 10 months older than Davies - and Davies is seen as still having potential.

I think Jacobs could develop into a solid bottom pair guy given time and opportunity.

Jacobs looks like he might be a fill-in option and that's nice, but with little offense shown at any level, it's hard to imagine him becoming even a bottom pair guy in the NHL.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Jacobs looks like he might be a fill-in option and that's nice, but with little offense shown at any level, it's hard to imagine him becoming even a bottom pair guy in the NHL.
I think a guy can be a 3rd pairing guy with little offense, Lovejoy for instance, but you better be a guy who the team can trust to play top pair pk, or late game with a lead against opposing top lines.

Not sure if Jacobs plays significant PK minutes, or how often he matches up against the oppositions best players.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
48404466_2240859219465675_1629162197240250368_n.jpg

bodda

Feb 26, 2012
Foppaland
Josh Jacobs has consistently impressed me all season. Don't really see any flaws in his game, but he maybe isn't great at anything either. I know +/- isnt the best way to evaluate talent, but he leads the team with +11, which says something on a struggling team.
Plays top pairing now at least, don't remember how it was in the beginning of the season.
I think he'll get his shot at the NHL level at some point, good chance he sticks imo.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I think a guy can be a 3rd pairing guy with little offense, Lovejoy for instance, but you better be a guy who the team can trust to play top pair pk, or late game with a lead against opposing top lines.

Not sure if Jacobs plays significant PK minutes, or how often he matches up against the oppositions best players.

Agreed. All six of your D don’t have to be providing offense, but the ones that don’t need to be eating tough minutes and overall being very good defensively.

Don’t know if Jacobs can do that, but it is still nice to see him finding traction at this level at least.

Reactions: MichaelJ

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
B-Dev's lose 6-3 despite outshooting Syracuse 33-28.

B-Dev's actually led 2-0 in the first.

Special teams didn't play a role in this one as each team was 0-1 on the pp.

Gignac with a goal. Pietila with a goal and 4 shots. Ramage with a goal.
McLeod, Bastian and Jacobs with assists.
Rooney continues his hot streak with 2 assists as well as 6 sog's.

Johnson takes the L in net.

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
B-Dev's lose 6-3 despite outshooting Syracuse 33-28.

B-Dev's actually led 2-0 in the first.

Special teams didn't play a role in this one as each team was 0-1 on the pp.

Gignac with a goal. Pietila with a goal and 4 shots. Ramage with a goal.
McLeod, Bastian and Jacobs with assists.
Rooney continues his hot streak with 2 assists as well as 6 sog's.

Johnson takes the L in net.

Thanks for that report. At least you are seeing guys like BASTIAN Gignac and McLeod getting points.

Reactions: OmNomNom

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Syracuse 6 at Binghamton 3 - Status: Final
Wednesday, December 26, 2018 - Floyd L. Maines Veterans Memorial Arena
Syracuse 2 2 2 - 6
Binghamton 2 1 0 - 3

1st Period-1, Binghamton, Ramage 5 (Kapla, Rooney), 7:28. 2, Binghamton, Pietila 10 (McLeod, Bastian), 12:20. 3, Syracuse, Foote 3 (Yan, Bourke), 12:41. 4, Syracuse, Verhaeghe 11 (Gaunce, Dumont), 16:13. Penalties-No Penalties
2nd Period-5, Syracuse, Barre-Boulet 14 (Gaunce, Colton), 12:13. 6, Syracuse, Foote 4 (Barre-Boulet, Volkov), 12:26. 7, Binghamton, Gignac 6 (Jacobs, Rooney), 19:40. Penalties-Masin Syr (hooking), 6:54.
3rd Period-8, Syracuse, Masin 1 (Labrie, Verhaeghe), 4:56. 9, Syracuse, Katchouk 4 (Dumont), 11:40. Penalties-Ramage Bng (roughing), 12:06.
Shots on Goal-Syracuse 12-7-9-28. Binghamton 9-13-11-33.
Power Play Opportunities-Syracuse 0 / 1; Binghamton 0 / 1.
Goalies-Syracuse, Pasquale 9-3-2 (33 shots-30 saves). Binghamton, Johnson 5-6-0 (28 shots-22 saves).

Reactions: My3Sons

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Report by "SKI" from game against the Crunch.......

Syracuse Crunch Triumphs Over Binghamton Devils Once Again
So watching the highlights.

First goal allowed by Johnson was lousy, shot from along the boards and beyond the circle, does look like the guy picked the corner pretty well, but from that distance you have to make that save.

2nd goal there was some side to side puck movement, but Johnson got pretty small and did not follow the puck leaving a ton of space over his glove side shoulder.

3rd goal from the blue line. Well timed screen by a Syracuse fwd, but again from that distance you want to see your goalie figure it out.

4th goal one timer in the slot, no blame for johnson on this one

5th goal a clapper from just inside the top of the circle beats Johnson above the pad on the blocker side, if your goalie makes this save you don't think much of it.

6th goal Syracuse guy with the puck on the goal mouth. No issues here.

Now the highlights didn't show saves made so I don't know the shot quality aside from the goals, but I was seeing a bunch of Syracuse goals that you want your goalie to save. I also see a shot advantage for Bing. So I'm placing the blame at goalies feet in this one.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Why did JQ get recalled again, I'm confused

Maybe they sent him down before Christmas as a sort of listen guy, get something going or you're done.

Side note, McLeod has decent numbers. Obviously I'd like to see more but all things considered 20 points in 32 games isn't horrible.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Maybe they sent him down before Christmas as a sort of listen guy, get something going or you're done.

Side note, McLeod has decent numbers. Obviously I'd like to see more but all things considered 20 points in 32 games isn't horrible

And at a point per game pace over his last dozen games.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010

Side note, McLeod has decent numbers. Obviously I'd like to see more but all things considered 20 points in 32 games isn't horrible.

And at a point per game pace over his last dozen games.

I’d like to let him marinade at least the rest of this season. I don’t see much development for him in the nhl this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad